COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Heraldry

Can someone from SBS discuss what you guys have planned for heraldry and if anything has changed regarding the previous decision to have us create it in game instead of prior to?

Secondly, would you add to that what is preventing us from using our own artwork if you guys were to provide us with sizing restrictions?

2/26/2020 10:55:50 PM #1

Not sbs here~ but it has always been their idea to create it in game with the CoA tool

Each package has restricting tiers to which access they have to each CoA.

Bloodline gets access to the shield

Mayors get access to shield + torso and crest.

Counts get access to shield + torso and crest + supporters

Dukes get access to shield + torso and crest + supports + mantle

The Monarch however, gets access to the full customized CoA. Which is where that additional restriction comes in.

It was a package tier/price to get the customized CoA and wouldn’t be fair to allow everyone to simply be allowed to have their own custom CoA outside the SbS provided CoA tool.

As far as I recall they will be providing more information on that CoA tool soon? Maybe with personas? That would be really cool ^.^ and it would make sense! But maybe it won’t be for a little bit too .-. Who knows!

Being able to create it out of game kind of defeats the purpose because CoAs are meant to be created in game even past launch, so it doesn’t entirely make much sense to allow their creation customizable outside of the tool for everyone that has access to the CoA

2/27/2020 1:04:01 AM #2

what about us folks who bought the surname and coat of arms package ?

2/27/2020 1:26:15 AM #3

If you have bloodline + (i'm not sure the title of your package you're specifically talking about) Then you get access to the Shield portion

2/27/2020 2:24:26 AM #4

under merchandise page surname and coat of arms not bloodlines. Its for thoses of us who aint nobles or have a title but still get to have a family name and coat of arms

2/27/2020 2:56:34 AM #5

Ah yes, I see it. You would get the basic for Coat of arms, so just the shield I believe, and you don't get the bonus unlock of having the extended colors/sigils etc. (unless you buy them, and it's restricted package based)

2/27/2020 9:22:48 AM #6

I love the topic, but I feel that I have to pour a little cold water on some possible plans for it. We don't exactly know if the colors, patterns, and symbols will be the same as those in the European heraldry most of us are at least somewhat familiar with, so it is premature to expect that what you design now will be fully acceptable in Elyria. I have several prospective coats of arms, but any or all of them could be invalidated by the details of the eventual Elyrian system.

2/27/2020 10:46:32 AM #7

Maybe informative usefull: LINK :)

2/27/2020 11:00:10 AM #8

I'm really hoping they let us do a bit of heraldry soon, even if it's just basic starter ones with the persona system.

"If we wait until we are ready, we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives..." code: CD83B4

2/27/2020 11:40:01 AM #9

You can still make (or let make) a out of game (for your website for example) version of your ingame coat of arms. I did make a fast one as an example:

Alt text - can be left blank

P.S: Some other works of mine.

2/27/2020 9:27:06 PM #10

The link from bombastus is examples and not actually official from SbS. It just allows you to make out of game CoAs not in game CoAs.

The topic of conversation isn’t about making them for websites or out of game. But about making them for in game.

2/27/2020 11:05:49 PM #11

I wonder why they haven't gotten this system out yet, as it would at least add some possibilities for people to play with and seems like it wouldn't take all that long to get the basics. Also the 250 and up kickstarter pledge had the mantle included and that is way lower than duke level

2/28/2020 3:36:54 AM #12

The Coat of Arms creator is expected to be available well before launch. There's no expected date though. The tool dictates which sigils can be used, colors, and where the sigils go. It's not freeform, and the sigils have meaning. The tool will tell you the meaning behind them. You'll be able to put this on badges, patches, cloaks, and even stitched onto clothing and tapestry, emblazoned on items, scribed, etc. Monarchs get special treatment with being able to have more say in their CoA and as such design it from scratch, everyone else uses the crest configuration tool using pre-existing symbols, shapes, and colors.

This is their intent anyway. Caspian said it in Discord on 10 December 2018 and 13 June 2019, so as usual for things said in Discord: it's up for change.

2/28/2020 4:51:08 AM #13

Here is the closest thing to an official word on heraldry. It's a transcript from an IRC chat back in 2016, so take it with a pinch of salt. This transcript is the source for my guide to heraldry, which is the parent comment for the transcript.