COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Frustrated with canned denials

Several selections for surname and town name denied.

They canned messages encompasses to broad of a topic, it's either already in use or doesnt meet requirements.

If if doesnt meet it referring the the broad guidelines it doesnt clarify why especially when by every indication it should.

It also doesn't have any relationship to whether or not it's just straight up taken by another player.

Can you please be more specific, I even spelled things the historically correct way and not the current english version and have had them declined.

11/22/2019 10:17:25 PM #1

can you share which names have been denied?

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

11/22/2019 10:33:34 PM #2

Posted By Jeddak at

I even spelled things the historically correct way and not the current english version and have had them declined.

That might be your problem. The studio has been declining names of historical significance, so avoid borrowing names from places and see if that helps, at least the notable ones. If you can find it on the first page of Google, don't use it. That should have been the rule IMO and would have been simple and objective enough to understand.

11/23/2019 7:07:42 PM #3

I understand the studio wants to avoid any chance of a trademark or copyright injunction due to a name from a novel, film, game, tv, or such. This keeps the cash going to production, and not to lawyers working out disagreements. That part of the rule was totally necessary to protect the studio.

But not allowing historical references, or names of real places is arbitrary and unnecessary. If someone wanted to name their town Seattle (or more properly Sealth) then doing so helps bring in instant recognition and opportunity for new community. This is a game where community is extremely important, and this rule is impairing the simple ability to both show pride in a specific location, and build a community based on that pride. I'm disappointed that this great opportunity to honor our ancestors, by choosing a historical place they emigrated from for example, or create a new in game community based on affection for a "real life" place was denied.

It was their rules, so we have to live with them. But sometimes, the rules were not what those ruled wanted them to be. To that end, it would have been nice to have a little more guidance on what part of the rule was violated to reduce the number of declined resubmits, and speed up the process overall. The naming process could have been more transparent, even if it slowed down denials in the first pass a bit. It would have made the second (and third, fourth, etc) passes that much faster. Not having the unnecessary rules would have sped it up much faster yet, maybe even to the point they could have almost met their internal service goals.

11/23/2019 9:39:08 PM #4

If they turned down Seattle I'm proud of of them. They are putting a fair bit of work into making a unique game. Maybe meet them halfway with a unique name?

11/23/2019 11:08:34 PM #5

Posted By Isuzu at 1:39 PM - Sat Nov 23 2019

If they turned down Seattle I'm proud of of them. They are putting a fair bit of work into making a unique game. Maybe meet them halfway with a unique name?

i agree

11/23/2019 11:24:56 PM #6

Posted By Barbarous_Usage at 3:08 PM - Sat Nov 23 2019

i agree

No, it should be okay.

I don't think they will approve of an immersion breaking name like "Ohio," don't worry.

11/23/2019 11:59:24 PM #7

Should apply the name of the city next to Elyria, Ohio to see if that one gets declined lmao.

Amherst or Sheffield

Novigrad County~ Together we stand strong and bring despair to those who dare cross us.

11/24/2019 12:14:14 AM #8

Orrrrr. Not waste their time 🤗

11/24/2019 2:39:05 AM #9

Orrrrr, keep submitting names which might borderline qualify and see if you can outlast them.

After all, plenty of time, years in fact before launch.

😁

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

11/24/2019 3:54:09 AM #10

Posted By Barbarous_Usage at 5:08 PM - Sat Nov 23 2019

i agree

You know what? I got nothing... >.>

11/24/2019 4:41:10 AM #11

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 4:14 PM - Sat Nov 23 2019

orrr kindly ask them to lessen up on things that arent copyrighted :D

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

11/24/2019 5:01:28 AM #12

"Hello, this is my transport company. I am Tobias, and these are my associates, Karangingar and HoogeButzXXX. We run a route from Alyria through Seattle and finish in Urmumlolz. It's a popular route."

You know people would try if we let them :)

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

11/24/2019 6:48:05 AM #13

Heaven forbid you choose an original name.

Just do what the others have done and replace one letter.

11/24/2019 10:32:13 AM #14

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 5:14 PM - Sat Nov 23 2019

I laugh when i read silly names like WillChangeLater or NeedToTalkToDev

11/24/2019 1:39:43 PM #15

Posted By Brettoner at 01:48 AM - Sun Nov 24 2019

Heaven forbid you choose an original name.

Just do what the others have done and replace one letter.

So you are thinking Myami, Dallis, and Bostun might pass?

I have my doubts.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT