COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Price of Admittance (Arena)

Will the arena be treated as another business in Elyria? Can the owner charge patrons a price to enter and have the ability to adjust the cost per event? Also, can the owner lock the entrance way so that loiterers do not take over the arena?

I'm hoping that there will be the option of having an entry fee anywhere from free to "Are you serious".

10/15/2019 6:41:18 AM #1

I don't believe their will be any fee's, if you look into the history of places such as the Flavian Amphitheatre the design was to promote fame of the ruler, entertain the masses to quell unruly behavior in the community and visual splendor to the world.

10/15/2019 6:59:30 AM #2

Rome Colosseum: While some of the events at the Colosseum were discretionary entertainment (so if it was too pricy for some that was ok), others seemed to be designed as public spectacles, like executions. So maybe there were different entry policies for different types of events? After all, a performance venue today doesn't always have one, fixed price.

PS. I'm only asking about having the CHOICE. I believe in civic gatherings. But maybe a high level performer wants to have a show. They should not have to beg in the street. They should have the choice to earn money on their performance at the arena.

10/15/2019 7:14:26 AM #3

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/33227/arena-questions#post369008

I can't say yes or no for certain but in the post above snipe gives some details about the arena.He says " Even if what you're doing is a public address or a play or some other performance without competitive or combat elements, the event management system associated with the Arena". Which makes me think you can chose between public and a private viewing.

In another post someone asked "How can I stop people from using my out door smithy?" I think it was Snipe that replied, " You can set whatever property you own to private." At the very least it seems like you can make it trespassing to be in the arena when you don't have it opened to the public.

10/15/2019 7:49:24 AM #4

Thank you! That is very helpful.