COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Crafting businesses and privacy?

There have been some mentions and screenshots of crafting stations outdoors, in particular regarding foundries and forges because of their fire and heat. How will someone owning these businesses be able to control who uses them?

They should not be considered public property which anyone can utilise (like crafting stations in many other games), just like not just anyone can go to tavern kitchen to cook or to someone's mine to mine minerals. Or to take someone's fishing boat and go fishing.

Is the only way to have them guarded or to lock tools and coals away? Can forges be built inside a house which can then be locked?

10/13/2019 1:34:26 PM #1

It was stated some where I cant quite recall you can set who is able to use stuff in your land and set individual permissions on different items in your land. As far as the boat goes I would assume it could be stolen.( I may have even read it on the wiki)

Added

Here you go.

Designation Edit This concerns both macro- and micromanagement aspects of 'land' management.

You can designate an area as private to you, private to an organization, private to a settlement, private to a family, private to a list of people, or private to a nation-state. You can also mark a space as common with the same specific designations. Within a space, you can also designate certain items and emplacements as public or private. You can also designate a space for a particular activity which helps OPCs and NPCs find the stuff they're looking for. (E.g you can designate a room as your "shop" and then tell your xPC to "tend the shop" and they would be able to find the appropriate place more easily.) You can also designate restrictions based on time, or timespan (this is common every other day, or this is common throughout the month of Ocei), and you can designate what behaviors are valid in an area based on implicit contracts bound to the area (aka you can have "house rules"

10/13/2019 3:41:53 PM #2

Thanks, that seems to do the trick :)