COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
OPC -> PC "amnesia"?

I'm wondering if there will be any kind of log or other game mechanism to know what the OPC has been doing and who it has met during the offline time. It may e.g. have made new acquaintances or enemies but when the PC meets them next time the player would know nothing of the relationship or its history.

10/10/2019 8:42:02 AM #1

Interesting idea. It would make sense for there to be some sort of log for when you come back online. Tasks completed, relationships made or changed somehow, why you may be dead. IIRC this hasn't been discussed.

10/10/2019 9:07:04 AM #2

While you play him he's an upstanding citizen. When you're offline he's a hopeless drunk at the bar :)

10/13/2019 4:33:17 PM #3

Does anyone remember any dev posts regarding this?

10/13/2019 4:46:10 PM #4

Maybe an 'Exceptions Log' to your OPC script.

Keeping it simple: just logs the divergences from your routine and any knowledge passed to you.

Insparum. In the hills. Insparum. In the mountains.

10/13/2019 4:51:15 PM #5

I want to say there was some discussion about this around the kickstarter. But that is long enough ago that even if I could remember where to find it, I wouldn't trust it to be still be valid.

My guess would be there would need to be some sort of record, at least updates to knowledge base from interactions. Can't see it being an exceptions log exactly though.

Would be very interested to see a Dev way in on this.

10/13/2019 5:27:17 PM #6

i do recall hearing something about that not long ago, about an opc log of things that happened while offline. and that was from one of the devs. so i think that will be a thing.

10/13/2019 6:09:17 PM #7

Similar to this, I hope there is an intuitive way to know what knowledge your character has. Since knowledge is basically an in game "item".

I hope to know what what my character knows about rumors, implicit contracts etc. And not have to guess what impact my actions would have if it's reasonable my character should know.

10/13/2019 6:28:52 PM #8

My understanding is that we will have a knowledge inventory in addition to the item inventory. Maybe new entries and items will be highlighted or something. That would be fairly intuitive. An actual log does have a certain appeal as well.

Shieldwall Strong!