COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
How big is leatherfish?

So I got a couple of leather fish, and I would like to assume I could make some kind of leather armor out of them. How many of those fish would that approximately require? Or are they not meant for armor at all, and maybe their use would be for making a thermos or something?

Reference: reference

Fuck you Caspian the<em>city</em>of_khersoness

10/10/2019 1:07:07 PM #16

Posted By Hieronymus at 12:20 PM - Wed Oct 09 2019

Posted By Snipehunter at 1:13 PM - Tue Oct 08 2019

It's actually one of the ways we ensure that crafters can compete with each other: The system means that individual crafters can have individual "Styles" based on the ingredients and techniques they use to make their items, and that will carry over into the game with a gameplay effect that players would potentially want to seek out to get.

That is one of the most exciting things about CoE IMO. The ability to dedicate oneself to a profession and come out the other end with something that's uniquely your own. Every single MMO I've played - literally every one - has failed in this regard, but it's one of the things that I think a lot of players have been craving since the advent of the MMO.

I think based off what we have to read about farming and blacksmithing that crafting in general is going to be a lot more involved and harder than people expect. Truly good crafters will become rare and great crafters even more so. The perfection of the craft and truly customized styles will set the greatest apart from the novice experimenters. The fact you really will be able to play the whole game and have enough to do as a crafter if wanted is such a welcome change. I hope crafters avoid submitting wiki type guides to crafting. Keep that stuff a secret shared only in your local area to apprentices. Why would you want to share what you spent so much time learning just to create competition for yourself?

10/11/2019 6:07:27 AM #17

ooh intresting . good to know. glad someone asked the question, else we wouldnt have known more about crafting :D

10/13/2019 12:44:33 AM #18

I hope crafters avoid submitting wiki type guides to crafting. Keep that stuff a secret shared only in your local area to apprentices. Why would you want to share what you spent so much time learning just to create competition for yourself?

I don't think it will matter all that much. Out of game knowledge is unlikely to be gamebreaking for crafting. Your character will still need the recipe in game, as well as the ingredients, and the player will need to learn to troubleshoot the crafting process. A wiki would be only a starting point.

Shieldwall Strong!

12/11/2019 3:27:27 AM #19

Is it clear that they are an ingredient (dead) ? or could someone get their hands on a few and farm them ?? o0

12/11/2019 5:07:26 AM #20

They haven't specified tbh so it could flop either way

12/12/2019 12:43:08 AM #21

Posted By whose1 at 7:27 PM - Tue Dec 10 2019

Is it clear that they are an ingredient (dead) ? or could someone get their hands on a few and farm them ?? o0

The ones awarded as part of the KSV promotion are dead, I'm afraid. But if you can figure out where they are in the world, you'd have access to live ones...

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
12/14/2019 1:21:48 AM #22

absolutely , thank you !