COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Recruitment questions based on specific domain information...

Hi all, First, let me say that I have looked for a post that would answer my specific questions listed here, but I was unsuccessful. However, if you can find a post or Dev journal with more detail please link it to me. Thanks.

I have been a backer and in the community since 2016, and like many, I took a leadership package. So, I am the Mayor of Brownpearl, a little hamlet in the county of Fenix, in Fenixvalle, in the Kingdom of Vornair.

Now to my questions:

1. I know NPCs in this game are going to be smart, and live their lives much like we would as PCs. So, having this in mind, how should I recruit for my hamlet?

a. In Brownpearl the top professions are; Woodcutter, Woodworker, Carver, Ranger, and Guard.

b. Am I to assume that these professions are filled at onset with NPCs that have these professions? After all, the population is 15-20. I guess they have to be doing something.

c. Will they already have homes and shops in Brownpearl, or will I have to direct those homes and shops to be built during Expedition?

d. The notable professions for Brownpearl are these listed, and Shipchandler and builder. Will these be present as well?

e. You see my point, if these NPCs will be there, I will go another way with recruitment, needing farmers, fishermen, a blacksmith, merchants, and the like. I plan to run a tavern in my spare time as mayor. If they will not be there, I will recruit those players who wish to be the listed professions for my hamlet.

1. Certainly, we would all love our towns to be filled with PCs, and I have one RW friend that is going to settle in Brownpearl and help me run things, but what is the best recruitment method to bring in others? Is there a post that you would suggest and link here? When I search recruitment, the site seems a bit all over the place.

a. I may make a webpage for our little town, but haven’t decided. I mean our little place isn’t as much of a concern as the Fort of Durante City. However, if you have a favorite webpage generator, one that is preferably free, would you please link it to me?

b. I will be working with my Duchess on our Discord channel concerning recruitment, and that will be a good resource I’m sure. But what other ideas do you have concerning recruitment?

In closing, let me add that I really do not want to grow my hamlet much larger than a large town, but I am just trying to work out the mechanics of what I will have when we start, and how I will achieve my goals. Thanks so much.

9/30/2019 10:31:01 PM #1

Noticed your question kinda got skipped over a little.

To help you and anyone else looking at this, the biggest thing I can tell you is, yes. NPCs will already be living in your hamlet and doing the professions listed.

What you claimed is an active, populated, settlement, and this means that all the jobs it says it will have will already exist by people that will have homes, desires, and needs. Exposition is more about expansion, or adding things to make your town unique, or specific to your desires, and is meant to be building upon the framework that already exists.

As far as your recruitment question goes, well I have no idea. People have different luck with different methods of recruitment. Some post recruitment posts and get lucky when someone stumbles upon them, others join larger communities and fill a niche that helps people that want to be a part of that niche find somewhere to belong, and others still actively recruit outside of the CoE community by playing other games and meeting people and inviting them to check out CoE.

Personally, when I was fulfilling a recruiter role in a duchy I was in previously, I simply remained active around the forums and the CoE discord server. People notice you when you are active and if you get along with said people they are organically drawn to you. Didn't exactly keep count, but everyone I can say I recruited to that duchy was simply by being myself and being active :shrug:

in short you have a settlement that will already be populated with npcs fulfilling their roles and living their lives, you can bring new people in, you can wait it out and let your settlement fill slowly over time, or you can simply hang around the community and naturally draw in like minded individuals. There is no one answer to this :D

10/11/2019 9:28:59 PM #2

Thanks...great answer. Can't wait.

10/11/2019 10:01:10 PM #3

In terms of recruiting, I would say make it known what you are going to do in CoE. People may direct others with the same interest to you. What ever you are going to do as a profession be able to speak on it and to answer questions. Make a plan, even if you don't have all the answers people will like to know they are working together something or at least have a direction. When you can be active with your kingdom, Coe discord, and forums