COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
EP Store and Ownership

Hey everyone,

I have started to wonder, who owns the positions purchased during Exposition in the EP-Store?

Lets look at what a Mayor may purchase: Livestock, Seeds, Land, Buildings.

So Land I can figure out and assume, it will be incorporated into the settlement and the Mayor gets voting rights equal to its amount?

Buildings: Does the Mayor own the deed to these and need to make sure all required personal is hired for running it?

Livestock and Seeds: Are they the Mayors property? What if he wants the rest of the town to use them for Farming and Livestock keeping? Can the be marked "community property" with the contract system?

Lets look at a Count.

He can purchase stuff like roads and other infrastructure for the county I imagine? (what can he actually purchase, thats different from a mayor?)

Does he own the road or is he simply tasked with maintaining it? Does owning mean he can collect road tax?

Do any of you, maybe even the devs, have some answers for me?

Cheers,

9/5/2019 6:34:35 PM #1

Land- Land kits you buy from the EP store are yours. Also known as the dreaded ancestral land. Land for town purposes can be incorporated into the town and you lose ownership of said land.

Buildings- Building you buy and put on ancestral land are yours. Buildings you buy and put on town land become part of the town...(I think).

Everything else you buy I figure apply the same logic.

Counts can buy an "Infrastructure package" Which contains the needed roads and buildings. A mayor has to buy each piece individually which costs 20% more. Counts own the county

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

9/5/2019 6:38:48 PM #2

Great questions! I second this post and series of questions.

9/5/2019 6:56:49 PM #3

Posted By DracoKalen at 04:34 AM - Fri Sep 06 2019

Land- Land kits you buy from the EP store are yours. Also known as the dreaded ancestral land. Land for town purposes can be incorporated into the town and you lose ownership of said land.

You lose ownership but gain a share of voting rights, very important for a mayor to maintain his majority, you COULD be safe in a minority position, but you are then at the mercy of the rest of the council for your position.

9/5/2019 9:06:48 PM #4

I'm leaning more towards what DracoKalen mentioned. I see it as anything you buy with EP is yours until the point you add it to your settlement officially. If I plop down a dock on some remote lake ten parcels away from my settlements edge I would assume the default owner is myself. If I put that dock down in city limits it becomes the cities.

9/5/2019 9:13:02 PM #5

That seems to make sense and is how is imagine it to be. But I also work for the postal service and know that just because something makes sense doesn’t that’s how it’s done.

9/5/2019 11:15:44 PM #6

Posted By Tilarium at 11:13 PM - Thu Sep 05 2019

That seems to make sense and is how is imagine it to be. But I also work for the postal service and know that just because something makes sense doesn’t that’s how it’s done.

Excatly this, thats why i am asking these questions and would like, if possible, a offical answer.

9/6/2019 3:03:46 AM #7

I am also interested in the answer to these questions.

9/6/2019 3:08:01 AM #8

Posted By Amras at 7:15 PM - Thu Sep 05 2019

Posted By Tilarium at 11:13 PM - Thu Sep 05 2019

Excatly this, thats why i am asking these questions and would like, if possible, a offical answer.

And also in regards to promo items. I’d imagine they would work the same as ep store items but you never know.

9/6/2019 7:53:13 AM #9

I'm continuing to assume that some things about land ownership and its relationship to formal settlements remain unresolved. I have a cold clammy feeling that there are some paradoxes, loopholes, or possible exploits hiding in what I've heard so far.

9/7/2019 7:16:30 AM #10

Can't remember where exactly but didn't Snipehunter say quite recently that mayors owning private land would still get votes as a private land owner which they could obviously just vote the same way as the mayoral vote.

9/7/2019 7:42:17 AM #11

Ugly-Green-Trog, do not get it wrong. Votes come just from incorporated parcels, not from private ones.

Respect and trust!

9/8/2019 4:09:38 AM #12

If votes come only from incorporated parcels, then how does anyone other than a mayor get votes? I thought it was from owning at least one parcel in the settlement. If the parcel has to be incorporated, then it would make sense that non-mayoral votes come from donated land.

All the more reason to wait until the mechanics are completely resolved. Anything we say now is speculation, except for what we know about the mayoral mechanics.

9/8/2019 11:15:15 AM #13

Posted By TVI Christian at 08:42 AM - Sat Sep 07 2019

Ugly-Green-Trog, do not get it wrong. Votes come just from incorporated parcels, not from private ones.

That's not what Serpentius said

9/8/2019 11:19:24 AM #14

Posted By Ugly-Green-Trog at 04:15 AM - Sun Sep 08 2019

Posted By TVI Christian at 08:42 AM - Sat Sep 07 2019

That's not what Serpentius said

You don't get votes from privately own parcels, but you will when you incorporate those private parcels into the settlement, meaning the parcels are not owned by you anymore, but by the settlement, and you as mayor manage them

if Serpentius disagreed with this, please link a picture of him doing so

EDIT: oh and

Land Ownership & Ownership Rights: Creating a settlement is done by "donating" parcels of land in exchange for ownership/voting rights (like owning shares in a company). The land you contribute is now owned and managed by the settlement. When land is annexed (added to the settlement), it increases the value of the settlement, and whoever contributed the land gets additional voting rights. Once the land is part of a settlement, it can be sold or leased to gain revenue for the settlement, but it remains part of the settlement.

heres the link for that info https://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Settlement

under "settlement ownership"

Mayor of Gartalia, A short distance south of the Holy Capital of Victrovia, Melonia - Friend Code: 464345

9/8/2019 11:36:42 AM #15

It was my mistake it was Snipehunter, I'm trying to find the post. He was talking about mayors not needing to give their private land to the settlement. His words were along the lines of "yes you can but why would you want to?" I'll link it as soon as I can find it.

Edit: This is the thread I was referring to. It's a bit unclear about voting, but Snipehunter implies that mayors might not want to incorporate their EP parcels. https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/32548/what-does-it-mean-to-pick-a-hamlet-or-village?page=1#31