COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Knight System

I was just curious how this system will work. There is brief information that was stated years ago: Knight is a title bestowed by Dukes/Duchesses and Kings/Queens. Will Knights just be appointed with a title or will they have skills that are elite compared to common soldiers and warriors? Or will they be like a guild where you can customize your Knighthood into whatever you want? I am curious if they will be considered a noble with a fief and have some influence in the military as well as within the community. Kind of like a Constable, Solider and Warrior all in one.

8/22/2019 4:49:33 AM #1

Well, if a person is given that title for martial prowess, then they have it. If they are given it for exceptional acting ability, they have that.

I think the title should mark some remarkable skill achievement -- not bestow it.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

8/22/2019 10:12:12 AM #2

Personally, I'm going to try and use knighthood as a part of the military aristocracy.

Landholders who I want to be able to call up to war (or take scutage from), barons and their sons, nobles and their sons etc. All expected to bring men (or money) to my banners should war be declared.

Now I certainly don't expect knighthood to grant skills magically (especially since that would be antithetical to the game's core design) but as a member of the military aristocracy, I'd expect knights to be at least able to sit a horse and swing a sword.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/22/2019 10:32:49 AM #3

Interessting. Would be nice to know if you can inherit the knight title or not. In RL you usually can not.

8/22/2019 1:05:22 PM #4

It could be they are using Knight in the way the British Royalty currently use it. To mark great achievements.

8/22/2019 1:07:40 PM #5

Posted By CountStalvind at 2:05 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

It could be they are using Knight in the way the British Royalty currently use it. To mark great achievements.

tbh I think the usage is somewhat up to us. I intend to use it to distinguish my military aristocracy (medieval knighthood). I know others intend to use it to reward loyalty, valour or achievement.

Now does this mean that the value of a knight might change across the different duchies and nations - maybe but that's part of the fun.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/24/2019 12:53:26 AM #6

I think it will be used by most rulers for political reasons but I also think , for skill but if you were born a peasant most likely outstanding skill for you to be a knight. Born a noble I guess you would have some skill better than the average but might just be a tittle for loyalty or politics so one can call upon for war and if not answered disgraced .because it whould give a reason to show treason because of knight codes about bravery .. so I think it can go both ways.

Brudvier power hail the pack

8/24/2019 3:03:38 AM #7

Yes, I have a question, only the dukes and duchesses can name knigths? Or the counts will also be able?

Supreme Judge of the Iber County Chamber.

8/24/2019 3:06:58 AM #8

Posted By Zorkry at 10:03 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Yes, I have a question, only the dukes and duchesses can name knigths? Or the counts will also be able?

Counts can't, as far as game mechanics are concerned that level of military authority is out of their hands.

8/24/2019 3:08:05 AM #9

Posted By Zorkry at 8:03 PM - Fri Aug 23 2019

Yes, I have a question, only the dukes and duchesses can name knights? Or the counts will also be able?

Knight is a title bestowed by Dukes/Duchesses and Kings/Queens,

Knights