COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SBS should make a Public Statement about Repicks

Having watched the Bordweall Live Stream from D in which Adam backed up and supported the events / facts that took place about the Monarch Domain Picks....

I feel that SBS OWES everybody a public response to the Kingdom Re-pick Request before attempting to restart DSS as indicated in Vye's post about the maps.

If what they said is in fact true and factual, Then this is some pretty scummy actions by the developer and its quite frankly to the point of never trusting anything any of them say going forward. If SBS kicks DSS off without even acknowledging this, then that would prove to me that the company has no soul and are willfully ignoring an issue that is just wrong.

Call me entitled, disagree with me, do what ever. But.... Right is Right. SBS owes this to the community and the people they have adversely impacted as a result of their poor communication with the community in the last few months regarding DSS.

8/22/2019 1:13:01 PM #91

Wow, soany people up or down voting based on their kingdom.

My take, there should be no repick, at the end of the day we were all wanted to expect to lose everything we gave bought for in game advantages.

So the Kings that are not happy havelost some of their benefits early.

That bring said Caspian and/or SBS owe the monarchs an explanation and leaving the monarch chat to hide from it does no one any favours.

8/22/2019 1:41:45 PM #92

Okay I’m a bit unsertain where I stand in this matter. Why I think SbS might want to give people an option to repick is only for one reason, and it’s not even resources or any other distribution or balancing that people don’t like, for me valid reason is that they said that D&SS is delayed by a week, that it’s going to continue shortly, they just need to fix few bugs, polish things out, that’s why so many monarch agreed to pick their domains then and there just with info that SBS provided based on maps that were supposedly already there and just lacked interface to allow people to pick domains. If sbs would say that it will take them several extra months I doubt many monarchs would agree to picking.

All that said, while I can’t speak for everyone but I highly doubt thinks will change if given chance to repick for Selene. So that’s why I’m not sure if there’s a need to start over.

However I don’t want to be that person - “it’s all good for me so stop complaining”. One of the options I see, is that if someone doesn’t like their spot and wants to change his position with another monarch, and the second monarch agrees to that, sbs could help out with this and make the swap before we are in the middle of d&ss. But if someone wants to take spot of another kingdom while monarch of that kingdom doesn’t want to switch, that would be also unfair to the monarch who picked, secured his spot and now being kicked out.

8/22/2019 1:45:10 PM #93

Kind of love, if you side with the kings that have the issue.... you get a ton of dislikes.

you side with against those kings or sbs, everyone gets likes.

what flavor is the kool-aid?

8/22/2019 1:46:57 PM #94

Posted By Takeda_Shinukage at 11:07 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Posted By mickdude2 at 08:33 AM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Imagine if, after the final mayor picks, SbS redo the map and change everything about population, resources, and terrain, while only keeping the borders and settlement locations. Your Neran city is now a Kypiq hamlet. Your ironwood trees are now savannah. Your mountain pass is now grasslands.

I wonder how many people would support a re-pick then.

This is a really really underrated point and the dislikes I can really only attribute to mob mentality so rip my like counter in this too :/.

Edit: It's already started XDXDXDXD

I have seen multiple people use the argument "AnYThiNg CaN ChaNGe". But I know they would be the first people to be back here if there county or town was re-done and they weren't allowed to change it. The irony.

People that saw me posting during this testing phase, could see I may have been dam pissed at something. What I did? Rolled with it. Is complaining about the subject really going to do anything? Hell anytime, anyone has complain about anything in this community. No matter how true their point maybe. Everyone just turns on them. You know when people say "this community is really toxic" that's probably why. You really can't voice concerns without getting jumped, fast. Then the downvote armies will spam you into last year. (Side note, still waiting for SBS to update the forums.. maybe one day).

So really, what is anyone option here? They talk to SBS privately, which seems D already has. Nothing happens. They post, nothing happens. They bring it up on discord, they get modded for talking in an echo chamber.

Then even if someone did reply to the concerns, could anything even be said that would make anyone really happy? Assuming SBS didn't just give the person whatever they wanted. Which sets a dangerous path, complain loud enough, SBS will change shit for you.

If anything it's one of those old things "Aren't happy with a product? Stop promoting it and giving them money". If people generally aren't happy with the way SBS does things. Do the above. But they probably won't and give it a few months, be giving them thousands of dollars again. Hold them really accountable. Actions speak louder than words and all that.

8/22/2019 1:48:58 PM #95

Posted By rummil at 2:45 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Hawaiian Punch, it's tasty.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/22/2019 1:52:28 PM #96

Posted By rummil at 09:45 AM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Kind of love, if you side with the kings that have the issue.... you get a ton of dislikes.

lol, just lol.

Count Kelric Einarsson - County of Einarsvold

8/22/2019 1:54:19 PM #97

There is more here than a sense of entitlement. I don't know D and honestly, he freaks me out a bit with the plague mask, lol. I do know Adam. He has really changed in his views with the studio so this is certainly more than some "petty" issue.

Adam was one of the biggest supporters and proponents of SBS that I have had the privilege to meet. If I was uncertain about the studio a quick chat with Adam and his love of the studio and game always got me back into loving things. His recent descent into distrust or lack of faith in the studio shows me the issue is deep and not a simple "I paid a lot, therefore, they should bend the knee to me." While everyone is stuck on the issue of re-pick I have a feeling this is just a surface issue and not the real issue these monarchs have with the studio.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with either of these monarch's stance but it is the stance they have chosen to take.

Yes, changes can happen and I don't think either of these two men is ignorant to that fact, but if an agreement was made with the studio and the studio was unable to deliver would it not be considered a "breach of contract" thus nullifying the contract and therefore the picks made by the kings/queens? The reason for the breach is unimportant, the breach still remains. Again I do not think this is about "advantages or disadvantages", it is about entering into what is essentially a contract with your consumers and failing to deliver on that contract.

I have noticed a decline in the enthusiasm of certain communities because specific members have lost their love and I would love to see these members get that love back so the communities can heal and get that passion back they once had. This issue has far-reaching effects that the studio should consider.

I do ask, if the studio continues to ignore this request, or denies the request, that both Adam and D can accept the answer or the silence as the answer and do what they can to heal the communities they love as much as they do, because in the end, the communities are the ones suffering the most over this issue.

I do not mean to appear to be condemning any of the parties involved in this, I just felt it was necessary for others to see the overall impact. I am sure I will get flamed for this response but hey I am used to it.

8/22/2019 2:01:39 PM #98

Posted By fierywind at 12:32 AM - Thu Aug 22 2019

I for one stand behind D and Adam in this issue. I think that, while it's clear a repick won't happen, they have clearly not been given the satisfactory answer they deserve, and this is honestly just another in what seems to be a pattern of sbs not addressing mistakes made properly. Apologies can go a long way.

They may not have been given the answer they seek, but throwing it out here on the EA thread isn't going to get a response either. I understand where they are coming from and then again I do NOT.. This is something that should of stayed in the Monarch thread, The problem is Adam and D are out numbered on this when it comes to Monarchs wanting a re-pick so again what is the real reason for this rant??? re-picks are not going to happen if the studio did a poll among the monarchs and 2 out of 20 want a re-pick come on now it really is not going to happen.

Your comment, " sbs not addressing mistakes made properly. Apologies can go a long way."

what exactly is SBS apologizing for? because there is a change i mean com on it is EA why should they apologize for a change. I have not been a fan for SBS for quite some time if you look at my posts you would see that. But asking for a apologie or for them to come out on this thread to say "we hear you" isn't going to happen. They should not be passing out apologies because they made a change which is expected is it not???? again EA..

let me link this

Look at paragraph 6

Purchases of Goods, Perks, and Attributes

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/terms

8/22/2019 2:34:32 PM #99

Posted By Stelaphina at 08:54 AM - Thu Aug 22 2019

>....

I do ask, if the studio continues to ignore this request, or denies the request, that both Adam and D can accept the answer or the silence as the answer and do what they can to heal the communities they love as much as they do, because in the end, the communities are the ones suffering the most over this issue.

I do not mean to appear to be condemning any of the parties involved in this, I just felt it was necessary for others to see the overall impact. I am sure I will get flamed for this response but hey I am used to it.

Most here will remember the problem with sbs continuously giving dates for completion of DSS before really they ever even started. A small army of us called them out and wanted them to make a real change to avoid such a foolish mistake again.

The studio responded and apologized and basically owned up to their screwup and so far have kept their word to not make the same mistake again.

The issue now i dont believe is one of advantages or not it’s not about making Caspian bend a knee or any of the hyperbole about the monarchs being whales and deserving of special consideration. At the same time I do t think it’s abiut repicks stone in the grasslands or any of the garbage from the naysayer side. The issue is simple.

Caspian gave a guarantee to the 19 or so monarchs and then wasn’t able to follow through.

After the years of following the game I’ve invested I’ve not only seen things change but I’ve seen the studio go back on promises, I’ve seen posts disappear where things were outlined dates given Ext. In the business world this would be considered an unethical way to conduct business. (The calls of breach of contract are ludicrous since there is no contract in this case and comparing it to one only shows how little some understand the situation)

What was given were assurances by the CEO of the game studio to his non-binding donors that certain conditions would be met and certain things would be guaranteed.

The trick is this has happened before and so far sbs has failed in many instances to follow through. Either through lack of ability or time/budget constraints or simply stuff happens. Many of us have called them out and in cases where they can actually change things they have.

Here? It’s a no win situation. Even the monarchs in question admit the disruption to their communities would be astronomical and hardly worth the damage it would cause I think they want Caspian to understand this type of business practices won’t be tolerated much longer and they need to do some serious damage control. All that I agree with.

The way they’ve gone about it though making demands on a public forum that honestly only serves to damage the brand sbs has tried to build and may even be part of their point. If the whales aren’t happy why should anyone else donate? Perhaps grabbing the purse strings was their point?

8/22/2019 3:48:11 PM #100

"Most here will remember the problem with sbs continuously giving dates for completion of DSS before really they ever even started." - I see this point and concern all the time. After D&SS issue in May, and really no official feedback.(it is there just need to find it through 1000000x platforms - discord, forum posts, word of mouth - the information is scattered all over various platforms. They say its only official if it placed x,y,z. So I cannot take the word of mouth of the studios seriously - until its posted on a x,y,z. Besides in their terms, they can change anything they feel with the game, we don't own any of the Int Prop.) I looked around the forums and really didn't see anything. I started see people complaining about this point, and I decided I just give up on getting appropriate dates. -it will be ready when it will be ready.

During the testing phase, I was under the impression it would go to through a couple of changes. They went through various RCs of the map. But didn't go from Alpha 1 to Alpha 2 to Public on the last iteration. We went from 8 to 9 to 10, then bam its completed.

I just think, after what happened in may with D&SS being pushed for 4 months. That the studio would say, hey i know we didn't deliver. We believe we have the maps all squared with the data we want, and they may not be 100% to what we discussed.

We want to offer each Monarchies for each servers, do you want to reroll kingdom selection. (You might have to do 1 server map if only one server is really having an issue.) If you don't want to, we would like to push this to public. If we do not hear from you in x amount of time, we will go live with these maps.

They would acknowledge issues that came up, gave the kings a option, and respect at the time same time. That way, the kings will respect the studio and a healthier symbiotic relationship would develop.

Instead, I am seeing that a couple kings are not happy. They could turn around do something in game that can really shake the server - they are in a position that they can do that. They can tell their dukes counts to basically go after other kingdoms. Just to cause chaos. -I am not saying they will do this, nor do I think they would.

But at the same time, I am seeing all these issues; makes me think over buying new items. Especially with @Leilah comment about line item 6 on the terms.

I really want this game to come out, but I dont want to go into the game when a whole kindom on my server is angry with SBS and the game. I want this game to be successful.

8/22/2019 4:48:08 PM #101

8/22/2019 4:58:11 PM #102

Posted By Brythwaite at 12:48 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

let me sum up this post.

Pretty much how I've been seeing this thread. I still don't really understand what the problem is. Something about the one kingdom not having store. But it has stone when I looked at the map. I don't know. Maps! Woot! Shiny!

8/22/2019 7:42:37 PM #103

Posted By rummil at 06:45 AM - Thu Aug 22 2019

People who disagree with those two arent necessarily taking SBS's side. They simply disagree. Nice try though.

8/22/2019 8:38:16 PM #104

Cliff notes?

8/22/2019 8:52:30 PM #105

Posted By Barri at 1:38 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Cliff notes?

Much ado about nothing.