COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Creating a settlement

OK. Tried to ask this on discord and got derailed by captain obvious.

Parameters:

1) I have at least 3 land kits to use

2) I have claimed village tokens on same character

3) it's during Expo

Question: When starting a new hamlet do the village tokens count?

If not what do I have to do to get them to apply?

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

8/7/2019 2:14:07 PM #1

While i cant tell you the mechanics for creating a settlement SBS stated that it would be possible to start a settlement from the ground up.

But I advise you to contact the local count before doing it, as he will probally not like it when a random settlement pops up.

Edit, Which landkits do you mean?

8/7/2019 2:24:27 PM #2

Well I had planned to speak with the count, even register or incorporate the new settlement,

land kits (aka...ancestral land) can be bought during expo with EP.

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

8/8/2019 3:46:58 AM #3

I recall that there are limitations on Villager tokens. I don't think that a prospective Mayor can give them to himself. I think they have to go to another account. An Ambassador might be able to answer the question.

I also recall that any character with three adjacent parcels and the minimum required number of residents on them can start a Hamlet. It doesn't even need to be registered with the Count. It just needs to have a well built on one of the parcels. I'm not sure if being adjacent to water such as a stream or lake obviates the need for a well.

Hamlets and Villages do not have titled Mayors. That title and all the responsibilities it entails only applies to Towns, Cities, and Capitals. Villages have Councils of Elders, while Hamlets are generally small enough to be entirely controlled by a single character.

Design Journal #18 from May 2017 deals with this topic. Here's the excerpt specifically dealing with establishing a Hamlet:

First, you, or you and some friends, buy three parcels of land next to each other, put a building with a few beds on each one of them (enough to hold 10 people minimum), and put a well in the middle. That creates a Hamlet. Everyone within the three parcels of land get water automatically when on the land. That means while your thirst still goes up, you won't die of dehydration. At the same time, having a house and a bed means your fatigue won’t drop while you’re on one of the three plots of land.

Now, Hamlets are not registered. So aside from the benefits already described they provide no additional benefits. You can call your hamlet whatever you want but it won’t show up on any maps unless you mark it yourself. If you want any benefits beyond this, you have to expand.

8/8/2019 4:06:45 AM #4

Majority of that information can be found at this link:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/6549/DJ-18-Kingdom-Land-Management

As mentioned above. It shows the requirements. Once you’re able to turn it into a town and become a mayor you’ll have to sign the charter and bring it to your count to establish you becoming a mayor of a town.

As for the villager tokens those are only claimable by mayors+

I actually cover quite a bit in my mayoral post. I’ll have to update it more at some point.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/28514/mayorsbarons-great-start-here