COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Design Your Own Heraldry

For anyone interested in heraldry, particularly those with limited financial means, here's a tool that allows you to build your own coat of arms. Feel free to play around with it while we wait for the game and to get ideas for what you might create in CoE.

http://www.dominionofthorne.org/coat-of-arms/

I hope to eventually add CoE fauna and flora to the list of charges, so at the moment, those don't exist.

Additionally, not all charges support all attitudes/positions currently, but in due time, that can be supported as well. To that end, if there are any illustrators in the community who would be interested in contributing art assets to expand on the options, I would certainly be happy to accept them.

Feel free to post your creations here and inspire the rest of us with your tasteful use of colors and designs. ;)

8/4/2019 8:54:06 PM #1

neat :)

8/4/2019 9:35:41 PM #2

It's great to see this finally opened up to everyone. Looking forward to it's future potential!

8/4/2019 10:34:17 PM #3

close enough

8/5/2019 12:58:41 AM #4

Posted By Scheneighnay at 5:34 PM - Sun Aug 04 2019

close enough

It's a keeper. XD

8/5/2019 3:49:03 AM #5

I was able to create a shield that I had in mind, so that's good.

8/5/2019 4:51:42 AM #6

Whaaa... No share?? :sadcatto:

8/6/2019 4:06:55 AM #7

Sorry about that, Hieronymus. I made a decision a while back not to disclose my preferences on coats of arms until I actually chose one for my surname, so as not to assist someone who wants to hijack my ideas. Of course it's unlikely, and most likely someone else would simply have had the same ideas, but I would kick myself eternally if it were possible that I were an instrument of my own disappointment.

If you want more PR, I will attempt to post a design that I have no intention of using.

By the way, the tool works well and has a good supply of patterns that other generators often lack. It is a little irritating in that it does not evidently have a way to undo steps one-by-one, but this nit does not subtract very much from its ease of use (unless perhaps one is creating a very complex piece). It's cool that the text description is output as well. I hope that the eventual CoE tool also publishes an unambiguous text description, although the terminology will necessarily have differences.

8/6/2019 12:21:00 PM #8

No worries Poldano. Mainly just curious but I get your concerns.

There is a back button BTW. It's that up arrow under the history column. Perhaps not the best location but it exists. :)

8/7/2019 7:21:04 AM #9

Well, I'll have to check the tool out again.

8/20/2019 3:27:55 AM #10

Oh, wow! Thanks for sharing this. I wanted to create Edo's coat of arms, but I was uncertain how to go about it (and I'm no pro in drawing or creating such things). Ha, ha! I will definitely try this out. I'm curious to see what my coat of arms will look like.

9/14/2019 6:01:29 PM #11

very good work you guys gonna advertise it to a few friends ^.^

9/14/2019 6:57:29 PM #12

Awesome. This is great.

9/15/2019 12:38:34 AM #13

Thanks for sharing this tool, I had fun designing my own coat of arms for my future ingame familly:

9/15/2019 3:19:32 AM #14

This is pretty much what I'm going for:

nice and simple while also following the rules of tincture

Expecting to set up as a mayor in one of the three "two town" counties in Bridgespider (Angelica server, Kingdom of Tyria). I'm hoping to end up with a city by the end of exposition for lawmaking ability, assuming I can keep the city sustainable. You will know it's me by the city name Raven's Roost

Friend code: 23F484.

9/15/2019 10:01:11 AM #15

I need bees! This is a great resource Hieronymus!