COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Would COE have VR implemented?

I was wondering if COE would ever get VR since it seems like it can be the first MEOW with a VR implementation! It'll be so nice to have it.

8/1/2019 3:41:27 AM #1

I reckon if they make crafting the way they showed in the smithing DJ, then VR with crafting would be amazing.

Probably something more for post launch though I'd be guessing. Hang on. I'll look in the discord history and see if anything pops out.

8/1/2019 3:45:25 AM #2

Ok. This was a very clear comment from the Discord. Not from SbS, but I think it is accurate.

The Stretch Goals that were never reached.

8/1/2019 3:56:07 AM #3

:( I'm sad all of those stretch goals look so cool

8/1/2019 4:27:50 AM #4

Don't they look amazing. Those things will all be in the game eventually, but not until after launch for some of them quite likely.

I am a big fan of Mount and Blade mounted archery, cannot wait to give it a go in CoE.

8/1/2019 6:39:07 AM #5

I doubt VR will ever be in the game as it's really only very small percentage of gamers that use it and the quality of the current VR games are still pretty poor. Also the various companies can't even seem to agree an a standard for VR which would mean SBS would have to code multiple versions of VR to maximize the number of players that could use it in the game and that would be very time consuming and expensive.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

8/1/2019 8:24:07 AM #6

VR is probs the only thing i dont care about on that list

8/1/2019 8:31:12 AM #7

To clarify a bit, that stretch goal overview was from the Kickstarter period. In reality, the stretch goals continued being added to until the end of that year, which has caused us to unlock more stretch goals than shown there.

In truth, we just didn't pass the $2M stretch goal, though the studio decided to implement the "Dig/Bury" part regardless.

You can read more about it here, under the "Can you dig it?" section.

8/1/2019 8:34:15 AM #8

Developing for VR would be a complete waste of time and resources. May as well release it for the next gen consoles, if they were going to do anything.

Also wanted to point out, Taymuraz wasn't truthful. Those stretch goals weren't reached in KS. But were reached afterwards, those were, dig/bury and everything below was reached and will be in the game. With then, everything else probably come some time afterwards. Which will no doubt be worked on, before they look towards anything new.

8/1/2019 9:41:17 AM #9

Posted By Gunnlang at 6:34 PM - Thu Aug 01 2019

Developing for VR would be a complete waste of time and resources. May as well release it for the next gen consoles, if they were going to do anything.

Also wanted to point out, Taymuraz wasn't truthful. Those stretch goals weren't reached in KS. But were reached afterwards, those were, dig/bury and everything below was reached and will be in the game. With then, everything else probably come some time afterwards. Which will no doubt be worked on, before they look towards anything new.

I was only referencing Victoria's comment as it related to the VR. Don't put words into my mouth.

I think everything on that list will happen at some time. We definitely have the first two already being included in some fashion.

8/1/2019 12:52:57 PM #10

Posted By Taymuraz at 7:41 PM - Thu Aug 01 2019

I was only referencing Victoria's comment as it related to the VR. Don't put words into my mouth.

Seeing as someone seem confused by it. That they weren't included. I was just trying to clear that up.