COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Classes: Which do you see yourself being a part of?

Here are the 5 Classes I see forming in Elyria In order from Highest to Lowest

Royal Class- This class is made up of those born into power, the Kings, Queens, Princes and Princesses. They do not have to work for their position, thus they are separate from the rest of society.

Political Class- This class is made up of everyone from Dukes to Law enforcement. They live a life where they have power over others lives when it comes to law. They do have to work for what they have and due to their positions not being set in stone, they primarily are focused on their own survival and place in this class.

Wealth Class- The wealth class is the class of those that create wealth, as in they are the ones making the money and paying others for their work. They hold the economic power, and decide what people are worth. They are focused on their own success and have no real need to worry about the lower classes, while they also have the ability to influence the class above.

Middle Class The middle class or more properly known as the middle economic class, consists of the workers who have a comfortable life, they make enough to do what they want to do while maintaining rights and dignity. They are generally happy with their place and do not try to ruffle the feathers of the upper classes.

Peasant Class This class includes the farmers who don't own their farm, those who are at the mercy of a "lord" or member of the wealth class, or those not respected/subjugated by the policial class, their rights are not protected or respected and they are on the outskirts of society.

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

7/29/2019 6:36:15 PM #1

To be clear, a Royal King/Queen/Prince/etc is still going to have to "work". It's mostly management and larger scale decision making, but they still have to actively maintain their position if they want to keep it.

Death is just another path, one we all must take

Friend Code: C8DF9C

7/29/2019 7:23:14 PM #2

I personally just want to explore this vast world and find some ancients ruins with artifacts and strong monsters to defeat with a team of fellow warriors. I would like to increase my weapon mastery to the legendary tier. I'm really impatient to see the combat mechanics and how far the aiming, dodging, blocking will be introduced as well as the impact of the environnement through a fight. So i don't think it's part of your 5 classes (not really middle-class but kinda the same influence)

7/29/2019 8:00:32 PM #3

I would also like to just explore the world.

That would leave me in the homeless-class.

7/29/2019 8:57:17 PM #4

If you're going to explore the world, and plan on playing on Luna, I recommend checking out Helgrim. :)

7/29/2019 9:43:13 PM #5

Bourgeoisie The people who own and control society at various levels.

Proletariat Anyone who does not own the land or any means of production.

I aim to be the first class as it generally sucks to be in the latter. Hopefully in the Political and Merchant class as the two tend to generally either be the same, or feed off each other. As a Count I am well positioned to be both.

7/29/2019 10:31:34 PM #6

I'll be exploring as well :) @Daarco I see you're also planning on being a cartographer.

I'm going to be in the Brudvir tribe starting in the North and working my way down the continent. It's going to be so fun :D

Also, no idea what I'd fall under > I'm Gentry, I'd say Middle Class for me?

7/29/2019 11:47:40 PM #7

Alchemist. Now and always :)

Gentry if I can help it, but rich gentry. Like super rich gentry!!

If Im ever forced into another position it will be unwilling. I have a habit though of filling roles not when I want them but when I feel they need filled.

7/30/2019 12:59:23 AM #8

I aim to be at about the same level of wealth & status as Labbe, but in a different line of work.

7/30/2019 2:02:32 AM #9

I aim to be of the Wealth Class, I hope that I don't have to work too hard to make my gold :?

7/31/2019 2:48:08 AM #10

I plan to go hard mode where I start off as an orphan and make my way up.

Peasant am I.

Friend Code: 1BD8F6

7/31/2019 7:23:58 PM #11

I am proletariat and anarchist. I aim to remove the illusion that classes are needed.

Power to the people!

7/31/2019 9:27:49 PM #12

I plan to run a blacksmithing guild. So wealth class is the goal.

7/31/2019 9:49:18 PM #13

I'm going to be in law enforcement in terms of my profession but I don't want to get mixed in with the politics, but at the same time I know I will need money and to gain favor. I guess it's time to marry someone that likes DoD.

8/1/2019 12:29:44 AM #14

I expect I will be one of the nattering nabobs of negativism, but I will probably just be a member of an effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as “intellectuals.”

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands

8/1/2019 1:58:38 AM #15

I intend to be part of the content creation class.

It's a sandbox. Yes, it has a story engine, but a lot of the content is on us to create.

I am part of a group of nobles who understand our role is to ensure that content is there. To make sure there are things to be discovered in our lands for the explorers, and adventures to be had by all.