COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
skill progression

I have read what is available, but still have questions on how much time a player will need to improve. My issue is I work 6 days a week, and being able to sit for hours on end daily to attempt to become somewhat viable in the game is not something I can even begin to do. I don't expect it to be quick and easy, but I am not quite grasping the skill training system, is it a read the scroll and learn type thing, or is there hours and hours of training once you learn something new to improve. I have to consider the fact each character will die in a year or so, and I do not want to be unable to get better without enough time to invest. I already bought a package, and can't wait to see the world you have created, I just need more info so I can decide if its even a viable thing to think I am going to be able to get into, and not be able to compete with the other people I run into in overall skill. I hope this makes some sense.

7/25/2019 10:30:44 PM #1

I expect that this game will cater to people who work quite a bit. When you log off of your character, your character becomes an OPC (Offline Player Character) which functions like an NPC. Even though you wont be playing, your character should still be progressing. The question is whether or not it'll be as efficient as playing or not.

FC: 13AB08

7/25/2019 10:37:53 PM #2

OPC can train a skill up to journeyman level. You can also learn basic skills from books/manuals. At some point you will have to train with a master or at a school. You can also pick up some skill by watching others. The skill system is still being designed so nothing is final. A casual player should be able to become viable in the game. It may take you longer but you will get there.

Divide et Impera

7/25/2019 10:55:19 PM #3

First I think it's important to note that you won't be competing as much as you think.

In Elyria players are expected to realize that cooperation is important, coupled with the fact that the map is huge (192km x 96km for all servers but OCE) and you will find that gameplay is going to be a very localized thing. So if you want to focus on leatherwork you may be the only person in a good radius working on leatherwork, as you can choose to spark into a family of leatherworkers and fill the demand in the region.

As has been said above, OPCs can in fact train up to a journeyman level. In the immediate area, that's going to be the go to person in that craft. You won't be competing on a kingdom competition scale for best made leather chest piece without some extra effort, but you will certainly be a go to person in your area of operation.

7/25/2019 11:28:25 PM #4

thank you for the responses, I will be able to play but usually after midnight, so may or not be able to interact with groups as much, OPC is a good plan then, again thanks for the info

7/26/2019 12:09:32 AM #5

Posted By Duusk at 7:28 PM - Thu Jul 25 2019

thank you for the responses, I will be able to play but usually after midnight, so may or not be able to interact with groups as much, OPC is a good plan then, again thanks for the info

Which timezone? Perhaps you could consider playing in another region like OCE if more players would be active then.

If not there's a brightside, you'll likely be the only one awake when the 3 zerg comes rolling through your kingdom so can take charge of its defense....

You and the OPCs can save the day

;)

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

7/28/2019 11:21:07 AM #6

will opc can be killed like npc you know people in the game going to do this?

Einarr Ormarr

7/28/2019 1:52:03 PM #7

Posted By gferrell13 at 04:21 AM - Sun Jul 28 2019

will opc can be killed like npc you know people in the game going to do this?

Yes. There will be no afk armor. But the nobility and aristocracy are putting a lot of thought into how to make their domains safe and there will be a robust criminal investigation and punishment system, although it’s structure is still in flux.

Count of Frostale, in the Duchy of Fioralba, in the Kingdom of Ashland, by the Grace of Haven. The above opinions are mine alone and do not reflect those of my Kingdom or Duchy.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/17117/naw-the-duchy-of-fioralba https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/14124/naw-kingdom-of-ashland https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30605/of-contracts-and-commerce-a-tldnr-post https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31835/on-taxes-rents-and-ancestral-lands