COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
New Player

Hey guys, brand new player here and I’m looking to jump right in. How do I go about joining a kingdom? I’m looking for a kingdom that will have more of a military focus. Also, which of the paid packages is the best bang for it’s buck or simply said, the most worth it?

6/19/2019 8:10:47 PM #1

As for joining a kingdom, decide on what server you want to play on and then join the different kingdom discords and get to know them. As for packages, it all depends on how much initial work you want to put into the game. A base package will be just fine for the majority of players.

Zaldara Blackstan, Count of Stíelanheorte Mayor of Blaecstanbury

6/19/2019 8:31:32 PM #2

Hi, Rykker1. Welcome. What Zaldara said.

Visit here for info, including discord details, on all the kingdoms of the West

EU Server

East Coast

Oceania

And read the FAQs

6/19/2019 9:05:24 PM #3

If you're looking for soldiering work then the base Elyrian package will suffice. Every Kingdom will have a military, so who you'd be reporting to followed by the biome you will be playing in are probably the most significant differentiators.

Welcome to CoE!

8/3/2019 5:12:03 AM #4

:)

8/4/2019 2:44:51 AM #5

Hi. I can't wait to play this game.

6D242B

8/4/2019 4:41:51 AM #6

Posted By Rykker1 at

Hey guys, brand new player here and I’m looking to jump right in. How do I go about joining a kingdom? I’m looking for a kingdom that will have more of a military focus. Also, which of the paid packages is the best bang for it’s buck or simply said, the most worth it?

I see that you hope for a military focused kingdom. It is the dukes responsibility in every kingdom (including, but not limited to the king) to maintain defenses, so you might consider looking at the duchy level as well if nothing immediately catches your eye.

Many of the individuals wanting a personal stake in the military went for a mayor package while looking for a Duke to sign a Baron contact with, but this is not required for other militaristic positions and that package is not available on the store anymore. There is potentially a way to acquire a settlement after DSS, but it's another story lol.

I'm not sure what you personally would like to achieve with your character, so I am answering the last bit on a personal level. I find the bloodline package to have the most 'bang for it's buck' as it is the lowest tier that gives access to exposition. Exposition is the three months before official launch exploring and setting up the starting continent. This experience is perhaps most utilized by titled characters who need to set up their holdings, so this is a very subjective and personal measurement of what it is worth.

It additionally allows your character to have a last name. None of this is needed or required however. Make the best decision for you after considering what it is you'd like out of the game.

8/6/2019 10:35:14 PM #7

I'm new. I bought in at Bloodline. I thought the game might suit me.

I want to explore and create content. My husband will be joining me when the game launches.

We have played Guild Wars together for years. He plays a melee character, I play a mage, (Elementalist in GW.) All of my characters are female, I actually spent some time making sure I could be a female character before buying into this game. I love guys, I just don't want to play one.

I am interested in content creation. We have good gear. I have some time to play during the day.

6D242B

8/6/2019 10:39:22 PM #8

Welcome Nanyetah! You are coming at a very interesting time with DSS finally seeming to be right around the corner.

If you have any questions the Forums or the official discord If you are looking for a group to join there are plenty of ones to look for, you should just try narrowing it down a bit based on server first, and then any other make or break things like Biome or Tribe if they matter to you.

8/6/2019 10:47:53 PM #9

you know, it might make sense to put more female avatars in the videos so women know they can have a female avatar in this game.

6D242B

8/6/2019 10:49:51 PM #10

if this turns out right I will be Nanyetah Elohi the seventh? of Elona how rp is that?

6D242B

8/6/2019 10:54:04 PM #11

Posted By Nanyetah at 3:47 PM - Tue Aug 06 2019

you know, it might make sense to put more female avatars in the videos so women know they can have a female avatar in this game.

Lol, this is fair. To help explain, a lot of the earlier stuff only used the male asset because developing a female avatar that early on in development didn't provide anything to the devs that they couldn't get with the male avatar, so for awhile while they tested feasibility of mechanics they simply used the male avatar. There are some good examples out there, they are just spread out like this character creation video I feel you might like :D

Even some early pics.

8/7/2019 12:42:16 AM #12

Thank you so much.

I really do think this game will appeal to women. And I wouldn't be surprised if many of us would rather play female avatars.

With great clothing if we can do that.

6D242B

8/7/2019 7:34:23 AM #13

@Nanyetah,

Where character gender preference gets iffy is in the heir department. If you don't manage to procreate an heir (an in-game mechanic) with the preferred gender, you will have to play as the non-preferred gender if you want your next character to inherit your stuff. Since you bought in as bloodline, that includes your surname and coat of arms.

8/7/2019 9:17:30 PM #14

I noticed that. I thought I might need to be an orphan to get a female avatar.

Not trying to be weird about this, but my toons are dolls all female.
I just don't want to play a male character if I have to do all this stuff. I can only fight like a girl, ok?

one reason I bought in at a higher level. I want control of what my player looks like.

6D242B

8/7/2019 9:25:09 PM #15

I do has female melee character. berserker all the time. no off switch.

bergit kari

She is a beautiful girl. just kind of violent.

6D242B