COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Can you create a family in this game?

Is it possible to become a father/mother , husband/wife and have kids in this game?

Parvath VanHerald

6/5/2019 6:34:59 AM #1

Yes. Families play a central role in CoE. :)

Families & Family Selection

10/14/2019 6:39:00 PM #2

The game even have "heirloom items". In which items that gets passed down from generation to generation gets a special boost that responds to your family.

I dont recall if there were a limit to what could be 'passed on", But I suspect that stuff like wine would be worth more or gain a higher quality if passed down.

To describe myself with in the most simple way... I am proberbly the smartest idiot you will ever meet. =^_^=

2/2/2020 7:49:43 AM #3

Would it be possible to play two chars on one server? Like, husband and wife. Where the wife does all the work and the man enjoys drinks in the pubs ?

2/2/2020 8:04:45 AM #4

Yes, as long as you have the family code for that character, or are able to sign the contract (if they allow for it) you can have up to 3 characters on the same server, (pending more, pending limit to active at once).

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/414/Design-Journal-5-Families-Family-Selection

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/435/DJ-6-Character-Customization-and-Bloodlines

2/2/2020 9:31:45 PM #5

Posted By Beyondgod at 11:49 PM - Sat Feb 01 2020

Would it be possible to play two chars on one server? Like, husband and wife. Where the wife does all the work and the man enjoys drinks in the pubs ?

In addition to what Winterlynn said, if you had two accounts you most definitely could.

2/2/2020 10:02:26 PM #6

Hmm, I was under the impression you only got to make your own family if you had the bloodline surname package because that afaik is the only way to get a custom surname. Otherwise, you would pick a family to go into at character creation.

I don't know anymore.

2/2/2020 11:03:14 PM #7

Correct, that is the only way to get a truly custom surname prior to launch. However, you could take over as the "head of the family" in-game which should give you access to the family codes theoretically. The only other way to get a "custom" surname is by marriage, merging, adding, etc to the surnames but it's not fully customizable, unfortunately. But you are able to get the "family" on lock. Especially by baby contracts --> as you can put who has access to the said child(ren)

2/2/2020 11:26:44 PM #8

Ah I see, that makes sense, ty

I don't know anymore.

2/5/2020 12:37:44 PM #9

Kinda need a game to create anything. "shrugs"