COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
did anyone play Shores of Hazeron?

I used to play Shores of Hazeron a long time ago, not sure how to explain the game but it was a massive space / empire building / ship creator mmo, so massive you could play a year and never run into someone.

you build buildings, living space, factories etc, npc's of your self created race would show up and you could keep on colonizing spanning your empire across hundreds if not thousands of planets. build hundreds of ships and assign npc captains and go to war.

did you ever play Shores of hazeron? (from what i understand its now subscription based (used to be free).

what did you do in shores of hazeron? :D

6/4/2019 6:44:39 PM #1

I never played but I googled it and I would love a current gen of this game.

6/4/2019 7:30:24 PM #2

Is this a game about Azeron's twin, Hazeron?

6/6/2019 3:57:33 PM #3

i would love to meet some people who played it to, i wonder what they did and how they expanded :P

6/6/2019 4:55:08 PM #4

Never heard of this but just looked it up. It seems to have a very recent surge in popularity and definitely looks like a gameplay>pretty graphics type of project that I am now very interested in, and probably will end up purchasing.

Thanks for the call to attention.

6/7/2019 7:54:42 AM #5

maybe we can start the elyrian empire hahah

6/7/2019 2:02:58 PM #6

Vucar tempted me to look at it. And it looks like a 1st generation PC game, circa 1980's. :(

6/8/2019 6:43:46 PM #7

Did play? I've started in 2009 and have never stopped (well, except for the year it was quite literally dead). I'm Deltova in the current galaxy and one of the players who are feeding new ship designs into the public library on a regular basis.

If you have stopped before the shutdown then a lot has changed since then. The old tedious TechLevel grind is gone (replaced with a system thats much less grindy, but probably slightly more confusing). The old lego brick ships and buildings are gone, replaced with an actual 3D designer, so you can now create mostly perfect replicas of your favorite ships and fly around in them.

NPC pilots are still drunk most of the time, though.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

6/8/2019 7:02:06 PM #8

Posted By DFDelta at 8:43 PM - Sat Jun 08 2019

Did play? I've started in 2009 and have never stopped (well, except for the year it was quite literally dead). I'm Deltova in the current galaxy and one of the players who are feeding new ship designs into the public library on a regular basis.

If you have stopped before the shutdown then a lot has changed since then. The old tedious TechLevel grind is gone (replaced with a system thats much less grindy, but probably slightly more confusing). The old lego brick ships and buildings are gone, replaced with an actual 3D designer, so you can now create mostly perfect replicas of your favorite ships and fly around in them.

NPC pilots are still drunk most of the time, though.

is there no change the game will get a facelift graphics wise?

6/8/2019 7:18:20 PM #9

With the new designer how good the starships/buildings look is completely up to the player. The limits in polygons and file size are quite high, so it is indeed possible to build an entirely truthful copy of, for example, the Normandy from Mass Effect or the citadel tower from Half Life or whatever else you'd like.

A similar designer for small vehicles is in the works as far as I know, so tanks, boats and planes will not keep their old bad models forever.

Character, plant and planet models on the other hand are still the old year 2000 graphics, and I think it is doubtful they'll ever get updated much.

Constant optimism will not solve your problems, but it will annoy enough people to be worth the effort.

6/8/2019 8:02:20 PM #10

hmmm i kinda hope someone someday will remake Shores of Hazeron with epic graphics hahah