COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Protection against cheaters...

Hello, I really like to play games where no one cheats because in some games a lot of cheaters exist😕, This type of players destroy games. Now, I would like to ask if there are news regarding to the security of this game, If they can ensure that no one can cheat I would be extremely overjoyed 😊

Parvath VanHerald

6/3/2019 3:45:36 PM #1

Unfortunately, nobody can ensure that people can’t cheat. But they have done many things to try to prevent cheating. Hopefully, it will be enough 😊.

But never underestimate the desire, and ability, of malicious gamers to destroy what others value.

6/3/2019 4:25:01 PM #2

As long as SBS bans the cheaters, when they are caught. That goes a long way. Played so many games where the devs just plain don't care, normally around the time the game goes down.

But yeah, impossible to stop anyone from cheating.

6/3/2019 5:05:05 PM #3

Biggest question is how are people going to cheat in CoE? Exploits? Ok sure, but those are usually fixed when they are found and players can be punished when caught using them.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

6/3/2019 9:14:46 PM #4

Long time ago when I've seen people driving around in cars on GTA Online that are indestructible due to cheating. People can do more than find and use exploits with MMO's.

6/3/2019 9:47:18 PM #5

Posted By Stormbreaker at 4:14 PM - Mon Jun 03 2019

Long time ago when I've seen people driving around in cars on GTA Online that are indestructible due to cheating. People can do more than find and use exploits with MMO's.

GTA online used end player devices as the servers and only talked to the Rockstar servers for matchmaking. Player run servers are easy to cheat on since they control the set up.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

6/4/2019 10:20:08 AM #6

A lot will depend on how much of the game code is on the client side vs server side which there's no way to tell at this point.

Cheats which are common in most online games include radar, speed, duping, and targeting hacks, along with resource gathering (gotta love when characters are actually traveling underground to gather)

One, several or all of the above may occur, what matters is how quickly cheaters are detected, punished and their ill gotten gains removed from the game world.

In Fallout 76 recently duping was so bad servers were crashing from all of the duped items some players had, in some cases literally thousands upon thousands of end game gear and resources.

Bethesda finally got around to detecting and smashing these folks... only to accidently put the exploitable code back in a future patch, and the cycle started again.....bleh...

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

6/4/2019 11:30:22 PM #7

First of all, hackers in UE4... pretty bad. But of course, SBS would most likely have some form of anticheat.

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

6/5/2019 12:28:51 AM #8

Posted By Parvath at

Hello, I really like to play games where no one cheats because in some games a lot of cheaters exist😕, This type of players destroy games. Now, I would like to ask if there are news regarding to the security of this game, If they can ensure that no one can cheat I would be extremely overjoyed 😊

Some people see Cheaters.

Some people see magic users.

It's all relative.

If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization. -Robert Noyce

6/5/2019 1:50:10 AM #9

Posted By Zeek_Halykr at 4:30 PM - Tue Jun 04 2019

First of all, hackers in UE4... pretty bad. But of course, SBS would most likely have some form of anticheat.

Heheh. Story Engine makes quests turning massive amounts of players against you. And if that doesn't work.... local cataclysmic events centered on you. I'd get a kick out of SbS doing something like that.

6/5/2019 4:16:07 AM #10

Posted By PhKnight at 6/3/2019 5:05:05 PM

Biggest question is how are people going to cheat in CoE? Exploits? Ok sure, but those are usually fixed when they are found and players can be punished when caught using them.

Exploits all the way- my money is on duping because that pops up in every game these days.

duping especially is an issue because duped items can be handed off to other players before the issue is dealt with

6/5/2019 2:38:02 PM #11

Posted By Scheneighnay at 12:16 AM - Wed Jun 05 2019

Posted By PhKnight at 6/3/2019 5:05:05 PM

Exploits all the way- my money is on duping because that pops up in every game these days.

duping especially is an issue because duped items can be handed off to other players before the issue is dealt with

Especially problematic if the duped items are "sold" to others and they are unaware of buying ill gotten goods.

Developer has to not only remove the dupes, but return the currency the buyers paid for them, which can be even muckier if they've changed hands several times.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT