COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Monsters/PvP

Will there be monsters in Elyria, or is the combat purely PvP and the enemies the other players? If there are monsters, are they common or more rare?

Signed, Mapkeeper

5/22/2019 8:07:48 AM #1

There will be all kinds of fauna in Elyria. Think of it like this, if it looks like it can kill you, it probably will.

So, don't poke the bear.

5/22/2019 8:21:55 AM #2

There will be more to fear from wildlife than from deviants and griefers, according to Snipehunter. Please don't ask me to provide a reference; I'm way too lazy for that right now.

5/22/2019 8:53:48 AM #3

Thanks. I was actually thinking about dragons, demons, etc- but they probably count as fauna.

Signed, Mapkeeper

5/22/2019 8:59:41 AM #4

This is a light fantasy type of game, while there may not be "dragons, demons, ect." early on or at the start, you might encounter a rabid pack of carnivorous rabbits who would love you as their first meal in a week >.>. Who knows, you might actually stumble upon the first dragon or demon. Which if you do, I suggest rallying a party >.> if you get away.

KS Backer #44

5/22/2019 10:59:49 AM #5

In CoE you have bigger problems then dragons and demons, for example just not starving or freeze to death!

5/22/2019 12:49:00 PM #6

I think there is demons and fantasy type mobs but they will be on the rarer side afaik. If you find some you are probably on the verge of finding something great.

I don't know anymore.

5/22/2019 3:01:28 PM #7

CoE does have a fantasy part in it, so there's the chance of demons, Lich, vampires and werewolves, and other supernatural beings being in the game at some point. Dragons on the other hand. Maybe a small sized one, but nothing on the scale of GoT or Lord of the Rings. Magic exists in CoE, but is very very rare. Can't wait to see what happens to the first payer to unlock a mage in CoE. Ohhh the destruction they will cause.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

5/22/2019 4:50:11 PM #8

Posted By Poldano at 01:21 AM - Wed May 22 2019

There will be more to fear from wildlife than from deviants and griefers, according to Snipehunter.

Challenge accepted.

5/22/2019 5:22:49 PM #9

The less the mythological creatures the better in my opinion. It's super hard to go on steam and find games that dont have this stuff. Which is why I'm drawn to CoE. If it becomes super fantasy I'd probably stop playing it.