COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Weather in CoE

So I know they mentioned random weather like rainstorms. But what about fog? That sounds like something that would be super interesting rolling in on the battlefield reducing site range, or even sailing a ship up the coast and losing sight of land now having to navigate by barely visible landmarks or risk crashing into land or sailing off into sea and facing what disasters natural or otherwise. I personally feel like this could be a very nifty weather element. I find sea of thieves fog weather element to be a prime example.

5/22/2019 4:57:46 AM #1

Well. If there are rainstorm, sandstorms, and snowstorms, I don't think it's a reach to conclude that THERE WILL BE FOG! :D

5/22/2019 6:45:26 AM #2

better question

will there be non earth like weather

5/22/2019 7:35:39 AM #3

Posted By tathen at 11:45 PM - Tue May 21 2019

better question

will there be non earth like weather

Plasma storms? Lightning is plasma, so earth has that.

Neutron showers? Elyria will not necessarily have terrestrial physics and chemistry, so they are a possbility.

Ammonia fogs? Maybe in the polar regions if there is a ready and sufficient source of ammonia. But really it's just fog with a different chemical present.

Ion storms? See plasma storms above. Also, thunderstorms and firestorms are kinds of ion storms.

Atmospheric liquification or freezing? Somewhat plausible during Long Nights, but not likely without ending the game catastrophically in some regions. Therefore, not likely unless it is one of the possible ends of the 10-year story.

It seems to me, unless we make additional categories for each kind of chemical precipitation, and further categorize winds by velocities that are not present on earth, that earth pretty much exhausts the kind of weather that can happen. Of course, earth doesn't have weather that completely changes atmospheric constituents or entirely removes the atmosphere. Yet, anyways.

Other opinions are encouraged.

5/22/2019 8:13:52 AM #4

I think the one thing it may not yet have, but if we burn enough fossil fuels we could create it...... Acid Rain!

As Acid burns well through Iron, I wonder how this will impact on the great World Trees! ;)

5/23/2019 1:17:16 PM #5

They will most likely keep the weather some what earth like. Keeping that in mind the tropical zones may never see snow, and some areas may never see a thunderstorm. I do hope that you could be struck by lightening. That would be funny as heck.

I have a Rocket Launcher. Your Argument is Invalid.

5/23/2019 6:16:53 PM #6

Posted By PhKnight at 09:17 AM - Thu May 23 2019

They will most likely keep the weather some what earth like.

So I can't touch the yellow snow in elyira either? Game is unplayable :(

I don't know anymore.

5/23/2019 8:55:35 PM #7

Will plants grow based on rain? Like if the weathers been dry for a while will plants slow down and grow faster during rainy seasons?

5/23/2019 9:03:27 PM #8

Posted By Xonth at 1:55 PM - Thu May 23 2019

Will plants grow based on rain? Like if the weathers been dry for a while will plants slow down and grow faster during rainy seasons?

Yep. If you haven't yet you may want to give the farming design journal a read: Farming in Elyria

Hope that helps! :)

• Snipehunter
5/24/2019 4:32:16 AM #9

Posted By Snipehunter at 2:03 PM - Thu May 23 2019

Posted By Xonth at 1:55 PM - Thu May 23 2019

Yep. If you haven't yet you may want to give the farming design journal a read: Farming in Elyria

Hope that helps! :)

I did read that one and enjoyed it allot, I just forgot that part. Was allot of information to take in.

5/25/2019 2:52:41 PM #10

Maybe there could be star showers or meteor showers, specially as we know there are comets in Elyria like the Eye