COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
New kingdoms after launch

Quite simple question. Will it be possible to create new kingdoms, duchies etc after launch? Or can borders of existing domains be redrawn, i.e. a duchy/town changing hands between kingdoms/duchies respectively?

5/19/2019 11:06:02 AM #1

It will be possible to create new domains and change the borders of old ones. Supposedly this can be done peacefully during the Sedecim, legitimately by acquiring a casus belli, or illegitimately through forced conquest (and perhaps rebelion?).

5/20/2019 5:00:50 AM #2

I don't think it will be possible to create completely new kingdoms, even at Sedecim. I think the number of kingdoms in each map is a hard cap, at least until other continents are discovered.

I may be wrong, so it's probably worth attempting to get an answer from SBS. If their answer is not definite, and especially if its cagy or filled with contingent statements, then there will probably be some way to do it.

5/20/2019 5:40:44 AM #3

Posted By Poldano at 1:00 PM - Mon May 20 2019

I don't think it will be possible to create completely new kingdoms, even at Sedecim. I think the number of kingdoms in each map is a hard cap, at least until other continents are discovered.

I may be wrong, so it's probably worth attempting to get an answer from SBS. If their answer is not definite, and especially if its cagy or filled with contingent statements, then there will probably be some way to do it.

The way I understand it, if a Duke start a coup (against the monarch) and it ends with a draw, the Duke will end up in a separate kingdom.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

5/20/2019 6:21:28 AM #4

Posted By Poldano at 3:00 PM - Mon May 20 2019

Not sure if it has to be done at sedecim or not. But dukes can break away from a kingdom. Need 3 of them, if I'm remembering right. Of course that could then open themselves up to all kinds of attacks being way smaller. I expect that's how many kingdoms will go.

5/20/2019 7:20:22 AM #5

Posted By Gunnlang at 08:21 AM - Mon May 20 2019

Not sure if it has to be done at sedecim or not.

It doesn't require the Sedecim, that's just the peaceful diplomatic option. Negotiating for land and resources is obviously not going to be viable most of the time however. A casus belli is then the aggressive option that provide legitimacy behind any such claims and actions; actions that will in most cases mean conquest or rebelion. The difference between legitimate and illegitimate aggression however is that if it's legitimate you avoid having everyone and their cat get a Casus Belli on you.

The Casus Belli thus matters because even if you're now a new domain weakened from its recent military campaign neighboring domains who do not have a Casus Belli on you will be putting themselves into a risky position if they were to force their own conquest, because that would give their rivals/enemies a legitimate Casus Belli against them. That's the cost of ignoring the dance. Even if you're looking for a fight you don't necessarily want to make yourself a free for all target.