COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Does food in game spoil?

Love that the game is going for a hyper-reality aspect to it, but with that in mind, does food or materials decay or spoil? I assume (some or all) food items might have timers after being harvested when they would begin to spoil, and if so does that apply to the wood that you harvest or the refined metal that begins to rust in your chest at home when left there for a month?

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

Account Code: A27340

5/18/2019 2:48:46 PM #1

One of the Dras tribal abilities is to be able to eat spoiled food and drink dirty water. How that applies to materials such as wood/metal has yet to be seen or discussed as far as I know.

Alt text - can be left blank

5/18/2019 3:41:45 PM #2

We have been told that materials will degrade in buildings, especially when used outside of their native biomes, and so some upkeep will be required over time. The rate is unknown and I'm sure something that will be balance tested in the pre launch phases.

By extension, we can probably infer that raw materials will also degrade to some degree over time, and that may even be a material specific rate of decay. As another point of reference, we have been told that unprocessed raw materials will decay completely after Expo, but this may just be an Expo specific mechanic.

5/18/2019 7:00:39 PM #3

Posted By JohnnyViscerate at 07:48 AM - Sat May 18 2019

One of the Dras tribal abilities is to be able to eat spoiled food and drink dirty water.

This is also useful because it readily identifies the peasant race in Elyria.

5/18/2019 7:55:24 PM #4

Everything decays and decomposes, clothes even get dirty and need repair not just armours.

5/20/2019 4:43:03 PM #5

Well I know things like Metal can be recycled by scraping a piece of armor and reforging an ingot so I would hope IF ingots themselves degrade they can be scrapped as well and recycled.... now wood and food is definitely going to degrade but they are renewable resources via seeds & animals mating

5/20/2019 5:03:12 PM #6

Yes it does, and just like in real life that will likely contribute to each regions culture, as different regions have different ways of preserving food, which resulted in different dishes.

Some use spices, others use salt, others use cooking techniques, yet others dry their food, some preserve it acid and some let it ferment.

So many ways to preserve food.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/20/2019 5:06:47 PM #7

Yes, spoilage, and rot, has been established as a factor.