COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
will canibalism be a thing? + more

im putting this in here because i did not find another forum section were it would fit.

will canibalism be a thing? if not. how will i feed my troops my famous kypiqburgers after the battle?

im also wondering about decapitations etc, some say it wont be a thing, others say they have been told my moderators and ambasaders that it will be a thing and you then will have to life with one less arm or whatever.

if decapitation will be a thing it would add so much to both the RP and would also make people not rush into battle without thinking.

i mean scars will be a thing so i dont see why losing arms/legs would not be^^

5/11/2019 6:15:56 PM #1

As far as I know it has been confirmed that there will be NO cannibalism.

This has also been discussed in a topic called "Characters as a resource" and "Artificer and cannabalism" (Maybe someone wants to add links)

5/11/2019 6:34:53 PM #2

No cannibalism, sorry brotha no Kypiq barbecue.

5/11/2019 6:51:31 PM #3

i will find a way.. oh i will find a way..

5/12/2019 2:47:20 AM #4

A quote from Caspian last year on discord (November 2018) about cannibalism:

"The Designers have never actually said there's no cannibalism. We've just said there's no recipes that require pieces of Mann. Subtle difference."

As for dismemberment, people won't lose any limb while alive. While yes it has realism, it'd ruin the fun for most players.

Regarding post permadeath of a character, I don't know if they've reached a consensus on though.

One quote from Snipehunter in February 2018 when asked about carving a body (post permadeath):

"We're actually on the fence about that, right now. maybe is the best answer I can give, though "probably not" is the likely answer."

A quote from jörmungandr in February 2019 about dismemberment (while alive, and brief mention of post-permadeath as still undecided:

"hahaha, that would be great but we're not doing dismemberment, there are a ton of gameplay implications and technical animation constraints that could require a ton of animations and a much more robust system. But there has been talk about bodies and what happens to them after someone moves on, but nothing final."

5/12/2019 6:00:45 AM #5

If you do a search on Cannibalism you'll find it's been stated over and over that it isn't going to be in the game going back to 2017. There will be a use for bones, but that's it.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

5/12/2019 7:54:36 AM #6

Posted By Joreel at 4:00 PM - Sun May 12 2019

If you do a search on Cannibalism you'll find it's been stated over and over that it isn't going to be in the game going back to 2017. There will be a use for bones, but that's it.

This is actually incorrect.

The original mention of cannibalism not being possible, was from Snipehunter when he was still new to the studio. The quote I provided occurred shortly before Caspian was asked about it and elaborated further (with the quote from my previous post), after this response:

"Oh that pin from back in March? He was new to the studio."

5/12/2019 9:46:47 AM #7

Perhaps you will not be able to eat the meat directly, but I suspect if you have a herd(?) of Canis Rabbits you could feed them any sort of flesh?

Or find a way to use them as mulch for your crops?

5/13/2019 1:19:10 AM #8

If we were to have cannibalism, then it would be necessary for consistency's sake to have predation on menn by animals as well. This would throw a serious wrench into the notion of effective soul travel and recovery from CDG. Just imagine having to spirit walk back to a distributed array of partially-digested bones and pteroguin doody after a seriously unfortunate encounter in the tundra, for example.

5/13/2019 1:34:37 AM #9

fine idea my friend.

5/13/2019 1:35:14 AM #10

Posted By Dreamar at 04:47 AM - Sun May 12 2019

A quote from Caspian last year on discord (November 2018) about cannibalism:

"The Designers have never actually said there's no cannibalism. We've just said there's no recipes that require pieces of Mann. Subtle difference."

As for dismemberment, people won't lose any limb while alive. While yes it has realism, it'd ruin the fun for most players.

Regarding post permadeath of a character, I don't know if they've reached a consensus on though.

One quote from Snipehunter in February 2018 when asked about carving a body (post permadeath):

"We're actually on the fence about that, right now. maybe is the best answer I can give, though "probably not" is the likely answer."

A quote from jörmungandr in February 2019 about dismemberment (while alive, and brief mention of post-permadeath as still undecided:

"hahaha, that would be great but we're not doing dismemberment, there are a ton of gameplay implications and technical animation constraints that could require a ton of animations and a much more robust system. But there has been talk about bodies and what happens to them after someone moves on, but nothing final."

thank you my friend.

5/13/2019 9:33:14 AM #11

Posted By KypiqStomper at 6:34 PM - Sun May 12 2019

fine idea my friend.

Thank you. While I brought it up in jest, there is IMO (of course) much to like about it. The downside is that it would certainly require additional programming in both client-side graphics and animation and server-side spirit walk mechanics to be programmed that would further increase the development effort required to finish the game.

5/13/2019 3:37:01 PM #12

Posted By Dreamar at 12:54 AM - Sun May 12 2019

Posted By Joreel at 4:00 PM - Sun May 12 2019

This is actually incorrect.

The original mention of cannibalism not being possible, was from Snipehunter when he was still new to the studio. The quote I provided occurred shortly before Caspian was asked about it and elaborated further (with the quote from my previous post), after this response:

"Oh that pin from back in March? He was new to the studio."

Actually we have been talking about it going back to 2017 with Caspian being asked in Discord and and a Q&A session about it. But it's not worth debating it as it still isn't going to be a thing unless SBS wants to risk their game being ban in many countries that frown on such things.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.