COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
EP questions

Hello everybody!

Didn't really participate in the community for...ugh....years now ^^ With DSS at the doorstep I wanted to ask if we already know what EP are "worth". I still have roughly 100 USD on my account here and at the moment I am asking myself if it would be good to buy EP from them.

I am aware that this forum has a lot of critics (which is normal). But please, no doom and gloom answers, I just awoke from hybernation and can't cope with stuff like that at the moment ^^

Thanks!

5/7/2019 9:54:55 AM #1

Have you read this post from two years ago? It should give a pretty good idea what to expect EP to be worth in various in-game commodities, structures, and animals. Beyond that we probably won't have additional updates around EP before they actually begin the process of deploying the EP store.

5/7/2019 10:10:05 AM #2

Posted By ShadowTani at 11:54 AM - Tue May 07 2019

Have you read this post from two years ago? It should give a pretty good idea what to expect EP to be worth in various in-game commodities, structures, and animals. Beyond that we probably won't have additional updates around EP before they actually begin the process of deploying the EP store.

Looks "new" to me ^^ Thanks, that will help.

5/7/2019 10:29:44 AM #3

Can't really go wrong with buying EP. As the saying goes, can never have enough EP. I personally save my store credit for any sale events that come by.

5/7/2019 10:40:36 AM #4

So, I read it, sounds all pretty resonable to me. Non the less: any updates on that topic since it was posted? Somewhere else maybe?

5/7/2019 10:40:48 AM #5

As long as you’re bloodline or above EP is one of the best things you can buy in the store. More so than the various packages and sales they bring out.

While the various item sales and packages are probably better (and certainly not worse) value for money the EP is much more flexible - which this early in the game before the majority of people have even settled is more valuable in my opinion.

Coming Soon(tm)

5/7/2019 10:41:33 AM #6

I second Gunnlang, although I've slightly more than doubled the EP that came with my package my other purchases have been the Falconry Kit and the Cartographers kit. But these were time-limited store promotions.

Also, no, there have not been any updates to the proposed EP store pricing. But if I'm wrong somebody will surely correct me!

[EU] The Town of Farwatch Selene (Hrothi) - Demalion/Dae Erath/Ash County - Masonry, Scouting/Cartography Animal Husbandry, Agriculture Smithing, Tailoring. Light RP, Casual & PvP Welcome.

5/7/2019 10:44:58 AM #7

Thanks folks! Helpful answers. Seems EP is the way to go.

5/7/2019 4:25:07 PM #8

Not going to lie, I buy one of everything that comes through the store....I think I have a problem.

My reasoning is that, while EP is more flexible, it will cost more EP to buy the items from the sales after launch. I would reccomend buying what you think you'll want and spend the rest on EP. If you wait a little while there is going to be another event soon called the kickstarterversary.

5/7/2019 6:04:01 PM #9

EP only brings in something if you own bloodline. You can buy this in the form of one of the Gentry packages.

By Google Translate

5/7/2019 8:54:01 PM #10

I'd recommend against the purchase of EP because its something that is still going to sold when the EP store is released. So if you see something in the EP store that you would like then you can just get the EP at that time. If you have 100 in store credit you might as well hold onto it for events until the EP store is released if that is your plan for it anyways.

5/7/2019 9:51:11 PM #11

Posted By SilentPeat at 4:25 PM - Tue May 07 2019

My reasoning is that, while EP is more flexible, it will cost more EP to buy the items from the sales after launch.

Just FYI, this is not the case if you wait for the 3k EP packs since they sell with a 20% discount which is the same 20% they use when calculating the store prices for promos.

5/8/2019 12:08:28 AM #12

But don’t forget that anything bought with EP during Expo needs to be used during expo. Items bought from the store can be held onto and claimed when the game is live.

5/8/2019 6:35:39 AM #13

I wouldn't count on the price of EP staying constant until the EP store opens. Just sayin'.

If you think you want to have a few parcels of land, some structures, and some extra stuff to start a profession with, then keep that in mind. There are evidently no plans to change the EP cost of items in the EP store (per comments from either Snipehunter or Caspian in Discord), but the future cost of EP in the cash store has to my mind not been addressed in the same way.

5/8/2019 10:00:10 AM #14

Right, it might have been helpful to point out that I have got an Astronomer tier pack. ^^ As I understood it EP is the best pick (at least for the moment) for me and my village/barony because it will enable me to put my town on steroids when exposion kicks off. Or did I miss anything in my train of thought?

5/8/2019 3:30:35 PM #15

"Best" is pretty subjective.

If you want the best bang for your buck, then it's better to buy items that show up in promos rather than buying the same things with EP. It should cost you less and give you more flexibility in terms of placement. EP has to be used in Expo, promo items can be used during and after Expo. So make your own judgements based on what's important to you.