COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Developer Appreciation Thread

I would just like to take a moment, to thank the devs for all of the hard work that they have been putting into the game over the last few weeks.

Missing deadlines is hard. People get upset, and the stress of that on our devs is surely felt.

I would just like to bring these couple Discord quotes to the front of peoples minds:

alt text

alt text

alt text

The effort, passion and dedication you guys have for this game is admirable, and all the hours you put in are appreciated. Keep it up, and don't let a few harsh words get you down! A missed deadline sucks, but don't let a few critics burn away that passion and drive you bring to this project.

AQBanner

5/6/2019 4:00:47 PM #1

Agreed. Thank you SBS for all you do. There's a lot that happens behind the scenes that we don't know about and can't possibly imagine, and we're thankful that you're still fighting the good fight.

Please don't let all the negativity bring you down! <3

Friend Code: CB1D33

5/6/2019 4:01:22 PM #2

Seriously. We appreciate all the time and effort that you guys are putting in to make the impossible possible. Making our and your dreams a reality. We appreciate all the blood sweet and tears you are all putting into this and support you in your efforts.

Thank you for all the time you have been taking off from your real life that you don’t have to do. Thank you for taking all the time off from your family that you really shouldn’t have to do. Thank you for working the weekends all the time.

Seriously. Thank you. For all your time and effort. We appreciate ever little bit you ladies and gentlemen put into this.

5/6/2019 4:11:09 PM #3

Gentlemenn!

Keep your motors running!

Refreshments will be served at race's end.

And thanks in advance for getting Us there.

Imgur

5/6/2019 4:14:42 PM #4

The Devs do really seem to be doing the very best they can working their asses off. I hope this is a lesson for the future to not have public deadlines and rather "it's done when it's done."

I have faith in SBS and know the immense stress they are under and much of the hate they accrue, despite their memeable track record on deadlines, is unwarranted.

Much love to Caspian and SBS. We are ultimately here to help them achieve their vision of this beautiful world.

5/6/2019 4:17:46 PM #5

Here here!

As many issues as I have with the devs, I still hope for the best for them, for the benefit of us all!

5/6/2019 4:20:45 PM #6

It's very easy (and sometimes justified) to criticize developers when they don't meet their deadlines. But none of us know how complicated the issues are that they are facing. I'm sure nobody is more frustrated than they are not only with the technical issues but also the knowledge that they have let us down. It's a terrible feeling. Most of them have no say in the deadlines or communication strategy but they are lumped in anyways.

I know that the developers are giving this everything they have and I appreciate the level of effort they are putting in to give us the best experience possible.

We love you guys and we love your vision. Don't let the naysayers get you down. Just keep pushing and when this baby comes out the tension will subside.

Drake County

5/6/2019 4:21:36 PM #7

Keep on truckin’, SBS.

5/6/2019 4:23:21 PM #8

We always get this thread after some type of backlash. I hope the best for SBS since it's the best for once but counter threads trigger me...

5/6/2019 4:25:42 PM #9

Contrary to popular belief I too greatly appreciate all the hard work and dedication the devs put into the game. Their passion for it is fantastic and I never once doubted that they were working hard and sacrificing to get it done. I just wish they would just stop shooting themselves in the foot with unrealistic release dates after all the hard work.

5/6/2019 4:46:28 PM #10

I have been waiting for this game for damn near 4 years. It's idea is the first game in so long to give me hope and passion for gaming again.You guys will never know how you have helped me get through a extremely tough time in my life and continue to do so. Also the community that it has given me. And for that I will always be grateful. Like my mamma always told me life is one step forward two steps back. If the maps aren't ready well then they are not ready. I know you guys just want the best you can possible do to be presented to us. Don't let people fill you with doubt. Just keep taking those steps. Keep pushing till you get to the end. You guys are amazing at what you are creating. One day you will look back at all of this with pride and we will be there with you. Even the doubters. In short I just want ya'll to know you do us proud!

5/6/2019 5:19:16 PM #11

SBS I know things are difficult at the studio and having an upset studio and an upset fan base can not be helpful in lessening that stress. Just know that everyone is upset because we care rather thank because of a lack of care.

Thank you for continuing to try rather than giving up like so many other game studios have done.

67CAC0

"Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same."

-Just a lowly beekeeper

5/6/2019 6:13:05 PM #12

If they actually started working at DSS in November/December or even January or February they would have been ready by now, but no, instead they choose to work 7 days a week for several weeks because they decide to do everything in the last minute, and announce a date before they even started work on something.

Sure, I feel for the poor devs working their ass off, but I have no respect for caspian poor management skills. He should have been wiser by now, but he keeps repeating the same mistake over and over and over again.

Lies, you moved the dates not because of the holidays, but because you haven’t even started working on them in the first place. Because if you were ready to deliver them in December then why are they not ready 5 months later after at least 3 weeks of 7 days per week additional work?

So yeah hat off for the devs sacrificing their personal live to try and meet unreasonable deadlines because of the lack of foresight and integrity of one man.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

5/6/2019 6:28:33 PM #13

I have been working on game-projects, know several devs in rl, met even more...

But this is bs. Its not the way to treat the community/customers. Even when they won the prize for the mmo who probably won t make it to release we stood behind them...

Delays are one thing, but information that makes no sense + empty words are something else. So how exactly did DDoS attacks stopped them from rendering maps, especially when they outsourced the rendering ? They were almost done last week ? so why don t they have any rendered maps to show now, days later ?

5/6/2019 6:33:03 PM #14

Posted By Barlin at 12:28 PM - Mon May 06 2019

I have been working on game-projects........

There are plenty of places for upset comments <3 let’s try and keep this post a positive one to reflect on for the devs.

5/6/2019 6:58:32 PM #15

@Zimmah and @Barlin

I completely agree with both of you. I'm not trashing developers in any way, management is the issue with SBS.

It's pretty apparent that Caspian (or somebody high up) is arbitrarily assigning release dates without having confirmation that the product is ready for release. Devs are then required to work 7 days a week to meet an unrealistic deadline. Consumers are mad because SBS fails to meet yet another deadline.

Looking back at the past few years, they haven't met a single deadline. The future of the game is not promising - it's going to be a long time before a game is published and I have a strong suspicion that it's not going to be anything close to what they promised during the Kickstarter.

I guarantee that I am going to get hate for this comment, but people need to realize that something just does't add up with this project. They have done nothing to inspire any confidence in their ability to delivery quality work on time and delivering what what promised.

Let's put it this way: if I were in my current role and my manager saw that I couldn't budget timelines, deliver on time, or deliver according to specifications (for several years) I would have been fired long ago.