COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Inventory, bundle?

Hello,

If i got to my account, under inventory and In my inventory, i have the mayor bundle, which i bought and that's fine, Now when i click that item, it gives me the choice to bundle???

What exactly is that? I bought the mayor bundle. I am wondering what clicking that bundles does....?!?!?

LUNA NA-E

5/2/2019 8:53:44 AM #1

If you click on bundle what it does is unclaims the title, and bundles it with any other items that go with the mayor title bundle so it can be sent to another person.

If you want to keep your mayor title bundle, do not bundle it back up.

5/2/2019 9:11:45 AM #2

That's a bit of a silly option, Why would anyone pay this fair bit of change to give it away....

LUNA NA-E

5/2/2019 9:41:27 AM #3

Posted By Senadin at 7:11 PM - Thu May 02 2019

That's a bit of a silly option, Why would anyone pay this fair bit of change to give it away....

I was the lucky recipient of a free Mayor pack,... I've heard it has happened to others as well, I personally see nothing "silly" about it!

Grizzly "The Ogre" Beralindwurm

From the Brudvir Den of Vargviken - E3FA4E

5/2/2019 11:09:45 AM #4

Lucky! that's a 250$ value lol

LUNA NA-E

5/2/2019 2:35:05 PM #5

Being a title holder comes with certain responsibilities that will both tie you down somewhat, and increase your penalties on death. Some people simply ended up deciding this was too much trouble among other reasons.

5/2/2019 6:30:51 PM #6

Lmao, "Why would someone give it away" he asks the person who is hosting a title giveaway contest ;)

Personally I missed out on A1 access, so I got Magistrate not only to get access to Alpha 1, but to leave me options later if I decided to keep the Mayor title and have a settlement.

Being a mayor/climbing the political ladder is not something I want to do though, so I am giving it to a good home and attempting to benefit our duchy as well :shrug:

5/2/2019 7:53:55 PM #7

While I’ve not given away a Mayor title, I have bought 3 separate people bloodline packages. Why? I was feeling generous and offered to buy them so they could claim mayor bundles that were gifted to them.

5/5/2019 10:53:42 AM #8

I bought this mayor package but now i wonder if it is really what i want. My idea was to be a small landowner and dabble in farming, raising cattle, lumberjack and maybe mining. Not sure being a mayor is the correct option for me... I wouldnt call it a plantation but in essence it is what i'd like to do!

LUNA NA-E

5/5/2019 10:55:27 AM #9

Can you be mayor and full owner of all the village plot or maybe 75% of them?

LUNA NA-E

5/5/2019 11:11:17 AM #10

You could be a mayor and a land owner, in fact most people assume it to be quite common. However at the start of the game other families may own parcels of land too so there is no telling the percentages you could purchase.

In general though owning all the parcels in a settlement might not be the best plan of action, unless you still sublet it out to people that make good use of that land. Otherwise you might find yourself short on funds when the counts taxes come due.

5/5/2019 11:49:48 AM #11

I thought that all the plot in the village would be owned by the mayor.... guess it isnt the case, right?

LUNA NA-E

5/5/2019 12:27:27 PM #12

Without diving too much into how voting rights work, no. A mayor is simply someone that is assumed to have contributed the largest number of parcels to a settlement giving them a simple majority voting power (simple majority doesn't necessarily mean more than 50%)

While the mayor could own all the land after buying it up, he could potentially own none of it too. Going to be a case by case thing.

5/5/2019 8:33:30 PM #13

As Labbe said, the Mayor won't own all the land in the settlement but that doesn't mean you can't own land. You can own land in the settlement or you can even own land outside of the settlement.

In fact, my plan right now is to start out as Mayor and have given a large amount of land to the settlement but also own at least a single plot in the town while also owning several plots a short distance outside of town where I'll have set up a small vineyard and farm.

5/6/2019 12:25:55 AM #14

Posted By Tilarium at 4:33 PM - Sun May 05 2019

As Labbe said, the Mayor won't own all the land in the settlement but that doesn't mean you can't own land. You can own land in the settlement or you can even own land outside of the settlement.

In fact, my plan right now is to start out as Mayor and have given a large amount of land to the settlement but also own at least a single plot in the town while also owning several plots a short distance outside of town where I'll have set up a small vineyard and farm.

This is pretty much what i want to do as well. Including land outside of the settlement but with the distinction that i would like to own at least 51% of the settlement lands/parcels.

LUNA NA-E

5/19/2019 6:37:00 AM #15

As a Mayor I'm planning on owning some land in and/or near the town so that I can have a separate house and workshop to do my non-mayor stuff. This will also ensure that should the worst happen and I lose my Mayor status, I'll still have a home and business that is mine alone.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.