COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
So how much of it matters?

Heya,

I am a Mayor....

So i got my domain picking time. I have in the past very briefly talked to dukes about becoming part of their duchy etc etc without making a commitment.

Now with domain selection soon to be upon us i am pondering a few things.

What if i just pick a spot without talking to anyone?? I have looked at the land map of the continent and i have some sort of ideas of possible biomes i want my land to be in.

I guess i am puzzled about how a given duke/count will take "me plopping buildings down" just like that!!!

I dont have much influence and im sure i wont be the only one. My date is may 25th. I mean, what if i pick a spot and the Duke idea of fun times isnt the same idea of fun time? IE: a Duke who just want to go to war every other week and i want a peaceful settlement? You know what i mean, a clash of ideas between me and them. I would after all rather to pick a place that i know, ill be pulling the rope the same way as everyone else in the county etc....

So yeah, ideas/toughts/comments?

Sen

PS yes, server locked/got my settlement email/time already/Nickname locked etc

LUNA NA-E

5/2/2019 3:55:12 AM #1

Just wondering: what's stopping you from talking to the count/duke of your desired locations, prior to just choosing a settlement? Dukes choose next week, and counts the week after, which would give you plenty of time to try and figure out who is who/where. I suggest using Discord and joining the kingdoms in your server, which will make it easier to connect.

To answer your question though, it really depends on the duke/count. I think most people are expecting a good number of 'randoms'/unaffiliated folks just spawning in, mixed in with unknowns and possible NPCs. You might even be lumped in with NPC mayors, and therefore more vulnerable to aggression if people have expansion on the mind. You could also just get lucky and find leaders who are happy to just farm up. I personally wouldn't risk my investment/enjoyment like that, though.

Friend Code: CB1D33

5/2/2019 4:09:43 AM #2

I guess yeah i can chat them up once i know who picked where...

Which brings another question. How much time do we have to pick? 0bviously the longer i wait, the smaller the pickings will be.

Talking to potential dukes/counts may take time and further slow down if i am being choosy of my location. On the other end If i just pick a place and not worry about the "political visions" of the leaders then i'll have to assume any risks by going with that location and or pretty much agree and in line with their ideals.

LUNA NA-E

5/2/2019 4:15:10 AM #3

Posted By Senadin at 12:09 AM - Thu May 02 2019

Which brings another question. How much time do we have to pick? 0bviously the longer i wait, the smaller the pickings will be.

Once your window opens, it doesn't close. So there is no time limit. Of course, as time passes more players will have the opportunity to pick as well, shrinking your pool of options.

5/2/2019 4:22:34 AM #4

Well, looks like the folks of Vornair are the ones who picked the location of where i'd like to be...

LUNA NA-E

5/2/2019 4:34:39 AM #5

Mayors are kinda lacking compared to the amount of available spots, so the chances for you getting your desired spot without much controversy is pretty decent. It'll leave a much better impression if you introduce yourself of course.

5/2/2019 4:38:46 AM #6

I wrote a message to the duchess where i was planning/hoping to settle. I guess Vornair already picked their location on the continent? (they are up north where i want to be for my first choice)

Yeah, i'd rather approach whomever owns the lands i want to settle on. I dont wana wake up one day to find my little hamlet surrounded by troops and requesting taxes and all sort of things lol....

LUNA NA-E

5/2/2019 2:42:18 PM #7

Should have read this thread before I asked in the other.

Because what I see happening is there will probably be a few people who really haven't been following the game closely and got the email...."your time to pick is....." and think, "great I'll just log in at that time and check out what's available." So you'll have nobles with random people just popping in. Now of course there might be some friction when the random person realizes he's got taxes and loyalties he didn't know about. But then they should also realize that's the price they pay for not paying attention.

NA-E Luna Locked --------------------------------------------------

5/2/2019 4:02:18 PM #8

Posted By DracoKalen at 4:42 PM - Thu May 02 2019

Because what I see happening is there will probably be a few people who really haven't been following the game closely and got the email...."your time to pick is....." and think, "great I'll just log in at that time and check out what's available." So you'll have nobles with random people just popping in.

Actually, no email got sent out yet, only forum PM's, so unless they send out emails about it later then people not paying attention might end up with the last pick anyway.

Personally I don't mind random mayors, I'm more concerned with their competence; if the county or the local population suffers because they don't do their job I'm going to put out the local parcels on cheap sale on the condition that those who buy them votes for a different candidate. Simple and legit way of dealing with that in the early game.

5/2/2019 4:42:02 PM #9

Posted By Senadin at 12:38 AM - Thu May 02 2019

I wrote a message to the duchess where i was planning/hoping to settle. I guess Vornair already picked their location on the continent? (they are up north where i want to be for my first choice)

Yeah, i'd rather approach whomever owns the lands i want to settle on. I dont wana wake up one day to find my little hamlet surrounded by troops and requesting taxes and all sort of things lol....

You will still have to pay taxes, if you aren't paying this will happen lol.

5/2/2019 4:56:47 PM #10

Posted By ShadowTani at 02:02 AM - Fri May 03 2019

Because what I see happening is there will probably be a few people who really haven't been following the game closely and got the email...."your time to pick is....." and think, "great I'll just log in at that time and check out what's available." So you'll have nobles with random people just popping in.

Actually, no email got sent out yet, only forum PM's, so unless they send out emails about it later then people not paying attention might end up with the last pick anyway.

Personally I don't mind random mayors, I'm more concerned with their competence; if the county or the local population suffers because they don't do their job I'm going to put out the local parcels on cheap sale on the condition that those who buy them votes for a different candidate. Simple and legit way of dealing with that in the early game.

They have sent two e-mails out regarding the D&SS starting.

5/2/2019 5:00:35 PM #11

Posted By ShadowTani at 12:02 PM - Thu May 02 2019

Correct. I received an email telling me I had a PM

5/2/2019 5:09:13 PM #12

Posted By Ineluki at 12:56 PM - Thu May 02 2019

Posted By ShadowTani at 02:02 AM - Fri May 03 2019

They have sent two e-mails out regarding the D&SS starting.

That's nice. But looking at those email I just got the dates available to select. I get so many emails a day that unless it's someone close to me or a high priority from work I just glance at it. So I got update emails and the jist I got was selection day was coming, then when I got the PM email I went and looked at what day I selected. From all the above I really didn't get all the kingdom/duchy/county stuff. I only got that because I took the time to do the research. But there are people out there who only know their selection time is coming. Might even know the date and time.

See, if people had the chance to pre-scout the locations more would pay better attention. But now we're are making selections with only a little knowledge how it will impact our game life.

5/2/2019 6:41:10 PM #13

Be careful, I believe Vornair has posted publicly that all randoms who select in Vornair territory with out prior consent will be treated as hostile.

To be safe i think it is a good policy to get consent in general no matter where you decide to pick.

5/2/2019 7:05:20 PM #14

Posted By Karnage at 2:41 PM - Thu May 02 2019

Be careful, I believe Vornair has posted publicly that all randoms who select in Vornair territory with out prior consent will be treated as hostile.

To be safe i think it is a good policy to get consent in general no matter where you decide to pick.

Well I already researched and I'm part of that kingdom. They have the biomes I'm most interested in. The folks who need to see that warning probably won't

5/2/2019 7:08:27 PM #15

Posted By Karnage at 2:41 PM - Thu May 02 2019

To set this statement straight: Vornair doesn't treat all random placements as Hostiles. Just Random Dukes. Random Counts and Mayors will be treated as neutrals until they prove friend or foe.