COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GUILDS
Iron age firefighters and intertainers?

Is it just me or there's not a single guild (that I've seen) with a focus on combating fires? I also would have expected loads of intertainment-focused guilds (musicians, writers, circuses, dancers), but also haven't found any. What gives?

4/23/2019 3:01:14 PM #1

Sounds like its time for you to start one that does both.

4/23/2019 3:07:28 PM #2

I guess, there will be entertainment guilds sooner or later. There is much to learn from each other and as we know, getting entertained will be a mechanic to get your stamina back up.

Concerning fire fighters... well... I wonder, if fire will be an issue at all. We were told, that fire will get a big nerf, as its certainly OP irl. You wont be able to set buildings in fire with a porch for example and you cant simply start wildfires to annoy your enemies easily. If fire can't be started that easily, it probably wont spread as fast as irl, too. So maybe, it wont be that much of an issue at all in CoE. We dont know much about CoE-fire and I think, thats one of the main reasons why no one yet started a group which focusses on fighting it.

I'll guess, we don't have a guild that wants to fight demons or dragons or huorns or sharktopusses yet either.

Friend Code: 30EF47

4/23/2019 4:15:46 PM #3

Posted By Gromschlog at 09:07 AM - Tue Apr 23 2019

I guess, there will be entertainment guilds sooner or later. There is much to learn from each other and as we know, getting entertained will be a mechanic to get your stamina back up.

Concerning fire fighters... well... I wonder, if fire will be an issue at all. We were told, that fire will get a big nerf, as its certainly OP irl. You wont be able to set buildings in fire with a porch for example and you cant simply start wildfires to annoy your enemies easily. If fire can't be started that easily, it probably wont spread as fast as irl, too. So maybe, it wont be that much of an issue at all in CoE. We dont know much about CoE-fire and I think, thats one of the main reasons why no one yet started a group which focusses on fighting it.

I'll guess, we don't have a guild that wants to fight demons or dragons or huorns or sharktopusses yet either.

Exactly what you're saying here about fire fighting. Since run away fires aren't something that is supposed to be able to happen in a city, the need just doesn't exist in the same way.

Friend Code: 1C7762

4/23/2019 4:32:43 PM #4

Oh, I had no idea about that. Yeah, makes sense, expecially when you consider how inecficient it would be to have a firefighting corps with medieval technology.

4/23/2019 4:59:56 PM #5

I don’t have a guild for entertainers, but I am looking for them, let me know if you’re interested.

Count LizenÇace VeLeîjres of Mydra's Crossing, VII of the order of the IX.

Order of IX

4/23/2019 5:50:31 PM #6

Posted By zimmah at 1:59 PM - Tue Apr 23 2019

I don’t have a guild for entertainers, but I am looking for them, let me know if you’re interested.

Hey Zimmah, I found one and they seem really interesting. If you're in the NA (East) server, they could be what you're looking for.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30117/HEAVEN-SONG-Lunas-Guild-of-Performing-Arts

4/23/2019 8:08:49 PM #7

I can't really see a firefighter guild(with the way transportation would work) vs firefighting being a process a town needs to know and have the equipment to handle. Unless you want to call a firefighting guild the group of people in charge for making sure the town is ready for fires and helps out during the fire..

I have since a couple music guilds.

4/23/2019 8:40:04 PM #8

Posted By Deftly at 5:08 PM - Tue Apr 23 2019

I can't really see a firefighter guild(with the way transportation would work) vs firefighting being a process a town needs to know and have the equipment to handle. Unless you want to call a firefighting guild the group of people in charge for making sure the town is ready for fires and helps out during the fire..

I have since a couple music guilds.

Oh yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Having a firefighting "guild" (More like an interprise or something) established in your town and they'd come running as soon as they got called.

4/23/2019 8:54:04 PM #9

a guild in CoE is usually an organization and research group. If firefighters were neccessary in CoE, you'd need some of them in nearly every settlement. Thats not what a guild does. If a firefighter guild existed, they'd research better methods of fighting fire. Like instead of carrying buckets from the well to the fire inventing a pump-system and mobile tubes. And they might be responsible for inventing things that prevent fires from happening at all. Like using pantiles instead of straw for the roof. Then, they'd venture around and tell the local firefighters of their inventions and train them in using them. But a guild wont be a thing you'll see in the average village.

Friend Code: 30EF47

9/28/2019 4:51:01 PM #10

firefighters rock Highland Volunteer Fire Department. i am on NA-E and a baron and if you want a home to run a firefighters guild brother i would love to have ya I'm a engineer for VFD myself and never thought of the concept can do FD and med units guild i have a free land plot for ya in town for ya just message me if you think you want to go forward with this idea