COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
espionage?

so im a player who is interested in espionage. this can take many forms from gathering infromation, spying, counter spying, aka spying on the spys, all the way to assassination. im not saying i intend to run around killing people in the night. im interested in being a retained spy/assassin. killing only when all other forms of diplomacy have failed. i intend to make myself the silent hand that is deployed as a last ditch effort to end wars or conflicts befor they happen. and this is somthing that i wont decide. it would be a duke or king that would call on me to remove a posible threat befor it can escalate. so a sanctioned assassination if you will. where would a player like me be likly to find a home? or employer if you will?

In the Shadows there is no recognition only secrets!

2/22/2019 4:06:04 AM #1

Sent you a message!

2/22/2019 12:46:58 PM #2

Fortuna or Alesia would probably be a good start since they each have Waerd Duchies. Waerd being the premier assassin tribe.

I myself am a Waerd Countess looking for those interested in giving the Waerd a shot, if that interests you. ;D

6/19/2019 1:24:05 PM #3

Everyone knows there is more money to be made in the private sector than there is working for the government. Those who take sanctuary by working for the government display their weakness proudly.

8/19/2019 7:10:43 PM #4

Posted By TheWhiteMask at 06:24 AM - Wed Jun 19 2019

Everyone knows there is more money to be made in the private sector than there is working for the government. Those who take sanctuary by working for the government display their weakness proudly.

Interesting thing for "everyone" to know. Was that particular "everyone" living in a feudal society where the government owns nearly all the capital?

I think it's safe to say that, as far as wealth is concerned, working for the nobility will never leave your pockets empty. Think of it this way: the wealthier the target of an assassin, the more well protected they will be, ergo the more one must pay an assassin to kill them. I suspect most private sector parties will have neither the wealth nor the need to hire top-tier assassins. Unless they are stabbing upward, of course.

8/25/2019 3:04:53 AM #5

There are other ways to line someones pockets Bombastus and not all of it has to be material. Promises made and deals struck.

8/27/2019 12:00:16 AM #6

Posted By Bombastus at 12:10 PM - Mon Aug 19 2019

Posted By TheWhiteMask at 06:24 AM - Wed Jun 19 2019

Interesting thing for "everyone" to know. Was that particular "everyone" living in a feudal society where the government owns nearly all the capital?

I think it's safe to say that, as far as wealth is concerned, working for the nobility will never leave your pockets empty. Think of it this way: the wealthier the target of an assassin, the more well protected they will be, ergo the more one must pay an assassin to kill them. I suspect most private sector parties will have neither the wealth nor the need to hire top-tier assassins. Unless they are stabbing upward, of course.

ironically the vast majority of capital was actually retained by the gentry class and aristocracy contrary to popular belief which is what allowed for the rise of democratic reforms in england for one good example as the gentry had far more power to fund private militias that could trounce the might of the nobility.

Out of Strife, Prosperity

Friend code: A45E7E

8/27/2019 12:01:44 AM #7

though that was significantly later on into the 15th-16th centuries

Out of Strife, Prosperity

Friend code: A45E7E

8/27/2019 9:54:14 PM #8

Posted By shadowswarm at

so im a player who is interested in espionage. this can take many forms from gathering infromation, spying, counter spying, aka spying on the spys, all the way to assassination. im not saying i intend to run around killing people in the night. im interested in being a retained spy/assassin. killing only when all other forms of diplomacy have failed. i intend to make myself the silent hand that is deployed as a last ditch effort to end wars or conflicts befor they happen. and this is somthing that i wont decide. it would be a duke or king that would call on me to remove a posible threat befor it can escalate. so a sanctioned assassination if you will. where would a player like me be likly to find a home? or employer if you will?

Why do you all just tout like this? Just join discords make associates and then offer to remove a "problem."