COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
Warriors/Adventurers

Hello,

Since I haven't decided yet which tribe to join and which kingdom I would play, the only thing I know for sure at this point is that I'm going to play either as an adventurer or warrior.

As you can see I recently joined the community this year and I already have a solid knowledge of how the game will look like after the Exposition. I've made my bet already on it and I truly love the idea they want to bring forward.

That being said I would like to know which of the Kingdoms would support the idea of having a fortress with main soldiers/adventurers that will be vowed to defend the kingdom in time of war and to freelance swords in time of peace. Be aware this doesn't mean that other professions won't be welcomed, the idea is to create an independent mercenary army within a Kingdom that will become the kingdom's shield in time of war. No missions or actions will be accepted against either the kingdom itself or the rules upon it lay its foundations. The fortress will be built in order to connect the capital with the main defence from the kingdom's borders and will act as a shield in the worst case scenario that the enemy may invade the borders.

Any man that would love the idea of an independent group and look for adventure will be free to join the house of Aaron.

I will create a Discord channel and update the post after the details will be agreed with the kingdom that will support the idea.

The water is another dimension where you can fly but you can't breathe

Friend code: 18B4C8

2/9/2019 3:25:27 PM #1

Not Arkadia John . We have one State Army that serve the Kingdom of Arkadia in time of war and peace . We do not accept any Mercenary in our service.
You could Join us as Soldiers in one of our Duke service. We do have a meritocracy system in place that reward anyone after a period served in our Army .

Any info feel free to join the Discord .

2/9/2019 4:43:27 PM #2

I think you will find all of the EU kingdoms will support that play style. In this section, you will find the forum posts of the Selene kingdoms, all of which have links to their respective Discord channels. It is the opinion of many that your best course of action is to join the kingdom chats and see what people you have the best connection with, the rest will sort itself.

2/9/2019 6:09:06 PM #3

Posted By Sanguinesh Eviscerator at 4:43 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

I think you will find all of the EU kingdoms will support that play style. In this section, you will find the forum posts of the Selene kingdoms, all of which have links to their respective Discord channels. It is the opinion of many that your best course of action is to join the kingdom chats and see what people you have the best connection with, the rest will sort itself.

Indeed is not a bad idea, worth of a try I would say, however, I've made this post to take in consideration and see which kingdoms would be interested and that provided me with some answers already as I've excluded Arkadia :)

I was expecting it since I've been already through all the kingdoms posts and read them. This has been revealing a good idea to manage the time and see what choices it leaves me with. Probably most of the kingdoms already have a similar organisation within and this will help me to save precious time since the D&SS is behind the corner.

2/9/2019 6:43:50 PM #4

Posted By J0hn at 8:09 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

Probably most of the kingdoms already have a similar organization within and this will help me to save precious time since the D&SS is behind the corner.

Maybe, but having 1 or 2 similar organizations doesn't mean people won't accept you, I doubt even your org will be able to cover whole kingdom at the same time since kingdom territories are huge. So it's always worth dropping by a discord, ask around, and get the feel for the community as well.

2/9/2019 7:13:59 PM #5

Greetings @J0hn,

I can tell you that your plans and ideas would be most welcome within Tryggr, in fact we already have a few organisations with a similar idea within the Kingdom. We also try to actively encourage and promote all styles of play from our members, please feel free to stop by our discord if you'd like to learn more about us!

Click Here

2/9/2019 8:06:24 PM #6

Posted By Abigor at 6:43 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

Maybe, but having 1 or 2 similar organizations doesn't mean people won't accept you, I doubt even your org will be able to cover whole kingdom at the same time since kingdom territories are huge. So it's always worth dropping by a discord, ask around, and get the feel for the community as well.

I assume you are right, however, the post might reveal itself more useful for the actual game since it would take ages to verify the kingdoms one by one to look and establish which one is the weakest.

I'm giving a chance to the weakest kingdom to recruit more people into their cause than just go to the strongest and create that unbalance from the very beginning.

2/9/2019 8:08:03 PM #7

Posted By Darhk at 7:13 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

Greetings @J0hn,

I can tell you that your plans and ideas would be most welcome within Tryggr, in fact we already have a few organisations with a similar idea within the Kingdom. We also try to actively encourage and promote all styles of play from our members, please feel free to stop by our discord if you'd like to learn more about us!

Click Here

Thank you, I will make a visit :)

2/9/2019 8:20:01 PM #8

Posted By J0hn at 8:06 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

Posted By Abigor at 6:43 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

I assume you are right, however, the post might reveal itself more useful for the actual game since it would take ages to verify the kingdoms one by one to look and establish which one is the weakest.

I'm giving a chance to the weakest kingdom to recruit more people into their cause than just go to the strongest and create that unbalance from the very beginning.

I don't think there will be any weakest Kingdom. I am more of the idea of weakness in different part of the kingdom organisation. Some Kingdom will be stronger in something and another one weak is something else. If you mean weakness in numbers, we will don't know unless we will do a Census door by door.

2/9/2019 11:52:16 PM #9

What Augustus said + if you mean numbers, then every kingdom is weak since we don't even have 5% of population required for Kingdoms to be full/at full power. Since we're not talking about single guild in traditional mmo where if it has x amount of members, they can hold some farming spot or similar thing, kingdom may have a lot of members but not enough military folk or vice versa, and again, atm, even kingdom with largest military is far from being overpowered because people can always some more manpower, just to cover their own territories

2/10/2019 12:58:11 AM #10

Posted By Abigor at 11:52 PM - Sat Feb 09 2019

What Augustus said + if you mean numbers, then every kingdom is weak since we don't even have 5% of population required for Kingdoms to be full/at full power. Since we're not talking about single guild in traditional mmo where if it has x amount of members, they can hold some farming spot or similar thing, kingdom may have a lot of members but not enough military folk or vice versa, and again, atm, even kingdom with largest military is far from being overpowered because people can always some more manpower, just to cover their own territories

I agree with you, however, I was referring to the D&SS, which count more than after Exposition when rivers of persons will choose their path.

This is not even 5% of the CoE population however this will be one of the most important parts of CoE since we will create the world and facilitate the distribution of "the river of players" that will come after.

My intentions are to give a chance to the kingdom that has fewer organisations like the one I want to create, to step up. This way the players will be distributed faster through the settlements and will be easy to keep the players in a kingdom if everything is organised and balanced as it should be.

2/10/2019 11:23:24 AM #11

I’m in favour of mercenaries/ adventurers who act as auxiliary forces, what y’all have done which makes me support your concept more than many others is not try and push the ‘neutrality’ line.

Please have a look at the Zabi Demesne (link in my signature). We intend to be a fairly militant double diarchal duchy and to be Nirath’s Sword.

EDIT: My fat fingers made me press submit on my phone early but I’m going to add that I agree with Gauis (something many on this forum probably never thought I’d say) in regards to there being no weakest kingdom.

The kingdoms seem well balanced on the map we chose and the communities are also fairly well balanced population wise (ignoring how top heavy they all are atm) albeit in two groupings.

I suspect the actual weaknesses are as Gauis says in organisation. Many will become apparent during KoE and prompt rapid attempts at fixing them in Expo.

Coming Soon(tm)

3/8/2019 5:58:54 PM #12

well im leading Mercenary army in Demalion so pm me if you are interested (discord Elysian #1674)