COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
is the projected Release For CoE still late 2019?

Hello everyone, this is a message specifically for Caspian and his team, but if anyone has any information that would be great also.

What i'm asking is are we still expecting the release of the game for late next year 2019? And if not are we still expecting alpha and beta to come out in 2019?

I'm really stoked for this game and have invested a good sum, keep up the good work soulbound, this game will change things for the better in terms of mmorpg gaming.

12/30/2018 12:23:29 PM #1

I can't answer any of that as such, but I asked Caspian directly about dev. updates today in Discord and he said there is one on the way (specifically an update on 0.5.0 progress), the team are just enjoying some time with family etc. Caspian literally stepped away from dinner to answer some questions.

I imagine that is when we will potentially get some information on how they are going and give us some milestone predictions.

If you are new to the community, the Design Journals will answer a lot of your questions.

12/30/2018 1:14:32 PM #2

I'm not sure if anyone is honestly expecting the game to be released by next year. Besides though living up in the clouds. Can only assume alpha/beta comes next year. But since nothing has been said on anything, we all know where assuming gets us.

12/30/2018 1:40:51 PM #3

Posted By Themata at 1:23 PM - Sun Dec 30 2018

(...) Caspian (...) in Discord (...) said (...)

I know that SBS doesn't really like when 'uncertain' and 'lax information' that was shared in 'friendly conversations' appears on the forum, as they think it would give it a kind of 'confirmed tag', but since MullatoScorpio specifically asked for that information and it somewhat is publicly available on Discord, but not everybody knows how to search for that (or wants to spend the time), I guess it is fine to provide the quotes in question here.

Caspian 12/30/19 7:11 AM: '(...)I wanted to get a Release 0.5.0 update out over the break, but I've been spending time with my family. So it may be just after the New Year. We've got sprint planning on the 2nd, so maybe the 3rd or the 4th?

Caspian 12/30/19 7:11 AM: '(...)Release 0.5.0 finishes up the world building and feature work we wanted to do for Pre-Alpha. Completion of Release 0.6.0 will be the Pre-Alpha I believe. Although, with Domain & Settlement Selection coming up and taking some time, it could be Release 0.7.0.'

That is as 'concrete' as it gets publicly (I don't know about the your eyes only information), or at least of what I'm aware. Since every 'release' took them more than 2 month so far, and release 5 isn't finished yet (we're getting a mid release update), linear progression would suggest pre-alpha sometime around 3-6 month from now for the Alpha 1 tier.

Hope that helped you and didn't offend anybody ;)

Sage willing to help with Purity (if you spot me on Discord and have some Plague on your account that could be nullified with a trade, drop me a message on Discord)

12/30/2018 1:55:27 PM #4

Posted By Gunnlang at 12:14 AM - Mon Dec 31 2018

I'm not sure if anyone is honestly expecting the game to be released by next year. Besides though living up in the clouds. Can only assume alpha/beta comes next year. But since nothing has been said on anything, we all know where assuming gets us.

Ya, best case scenario maaaaaaaaaybe exposition starts before years end.

12/30/2018 4:11:15 PM #5

I would be extremely surprised if we got through Alpha and Beta in a single year, considering they haven't shown any form of gameplay yet beyond a few videos with a character walking around.

Personally I don't expect Exposition/Launch anytime before 2021.