COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Are Kingdom names set in stone?

Just a general question. Are the Kingdom names already chosen or like everything, are they tentative and can be changed? There's a kingdom I really like.....but the name makes me cringe and I'd love to rally some people to petition a name change if possible. Or can it only be changed in game (through kingdom takeover)?

NA-EAST

12/27/2018 12:22:29 AM #1

They are set by the monarchs of that kingdom. Highly unlikely to change until in game if something happens to the kingdom or someone takes over etc. And then it would be extremely hard to change.

12/27/2018 12:29:41 AM #2

Posted By Mozh at

Just a general question. Are the Kingdom names already chosen or like everything, are they tentative and can be changed? There's a kingdom I really like.....but the name makes me cringe and I'd love to rally some people to petition a name change if possible. Or can it only be changed in game (through kingdom takeover)?

c'mon now - you gotta tell us which kingdom name you dislike (including if it's mine), why you dislike it, and what you would suggest as a replacement name?

12/27/2018 1:08:58 AM #3

Posted By Dleatherus at 4:29 PM - Wed Dec 26 2018

c'mon now - you gotta tell us which kingdom name you dislike (including if it's mine), why you dislike it, and what you would suggest as a replacement name?

I second this!

Also, you can change a place's name in-game. All you have to do is make sure the majority of maps on a server use the new name rather than the old. A grassroots campaign to destroy old maps and produce new ones could take a kingdom by surprise...

12/27/2018 1:32:31 AM #4

I suppose it is like everything else in Elyria, and not set in stone - surly if two kingdoms went to war and a capital was overthrown, a new kingdom could be established or defined. The effort and time involved in such a thing sounds tremendous.

12/27/2018 2:02:47 AM #5

Posted By Bombastus at 6:08 PM - Wed Dec 26 2018

Posted By Dleatherus at 4:29 PM - Wed Dec 26 2018

I second this!

Also, you can change a place's name in-game. All you have to do is make sure the majority of maps on a server use the new name rather than the old. A grassroots campaign to destroy old maps and produce new ones could take a kingdom by surprise...

What Bomb says is correct and personally I plan on giving away free maps for a similar reason lol

Where there is a will, there is a way. Only you can prevent cringey kingdom names lol

THE EMPIRE GUILD

6ADB99

12/27/2018 4:13:14 AM #6

Well, don't be shy.... which kingdom name don't you like? Or is all?

Alt text - can be left blank

12/27/2018 5:27:25 AM #7

It's okay, you can tell Kairos they have a shitty name, they won't get offended.

12/27/2018 8:29:47 PM #8

Uhh...I’d rather not say. I’ll wait until domain selection. If the kingdom won’t have my tribe I likely won’t have to deal with it anyway...but ugh.....the name. Makes me think of my 5 year old niece and fairy dust.

NA-EAST

12/27/2018 10:35:02 PM #9

Lol think you basically gave it away right there

12/27/2018 10:40:14 PM #10

You can also pony up the $$ to start your own kingdom if one available then you can choose whatever name you want! Or maybe youll get lucky and win one of them free kingdoms, better start working on it now!

12/27/2018 11:23:21 PM #11

Posted By Nkrumah at 3:40 PM - Thu Dec 27 2018

You can also pony up the $$ to start your own kingdom if one available then you can choose whatever name you want! Or maybe youll get lucky and win one of them free kingdoms, better start working on it now!

Putting in extra money doesn’t really assist that much. You still need to spend the added time to research a ton so that you’re able to explore with boats on deep seas to other islands to even get to that point. So spending extra money won’t do really anything unless you plan on building the best research school or something for it. Not really sure.

Also if the OP is talking about Alésia, look up the battle of Alesia ~

Our motto is Through Strength and Arms, We Bring Peace

12/27/2018 11:32:03 PM #12

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 3:23 PM - Thu Dec 27 2018

their niece's name could be Alicia? Felicia?

12/28/2018 3:37:01 AM #13

Posted By Dleatherus at 6:32 PM - Thu Dec 27 2018

their niece's name could be Alicia? Felicia?

Maybe their niece has a tuna obsession?

12/28/2018 8:36:28 AM #14

Our motto is Through Strength and Arms, We Bring Peace

Honestly, one of my favorite historical battles of all time. It's like: "Yo dawg, I heard you like sieges, so I besieged your siege so you can siege while you siege."

12/28/2018 11:35:30 AM #15

If I were to hazard a guess it would be Fortuna honestly.

Straight up sounds like a name from a children's fairytale.

Imgur Imgur