COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
Event - King of Hearts

Hearts are like the legendary Lost Vault - you finally hunt down one you like, so you raid it repeatedly...over and over and over again...but all you seem to end up with is bitter disappointment and a surprising amount of dark liquid

Listen up Elyrioids!
For many, this time of year can be the Longest Night of the the soul, a time when all of your relationship failings and weaknesses stare at you in the face and make you feel worthless. Do you think you don’t deserve real love?

PISHPOSH!

I’m Dr. Lovefinger and I am here to help! I’ve pulled out my big comfy chair and am now waiting for you to open your chest cavity and reveal your heart because I want to give you the sweet sweet relationship advice you deserve.

Post your heart rending romantic fail-tales here and I shall respond with a personal message to help you through the lonely holiday period that will exist until the Lost Vault event is done.

All I ask for in return is a single Ancient Coin donation to KingOfTheSouth (Link —> https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/29849/event-king-of-the-south) so that the rule of love and the love of hearts in Oceana’s Kingdom 4 can be tasted and realised.

But that’s not all. Because honey also has unique healing properties, at the end of the event all verified coin donators will automatically be entered in the draw to WIN my personal Cardinal Bees promo item!
That’s right for a single Ancient Coin you could walk a way with a mended heart and bees. RARE BEEEES!!!

Is there better value anywhere? There are no server limits to this prize.

So relax, lie down and tell me how they hurt you. I’m listening...

UPDATE 1: 27/12/2018: A number of requests have come in asking if an Ancient Coin donation alone gives them a chance at the bees. The answer is Yes, but note an accompanying post of heartbreak will now double a persons chances.
For example, a single coin donation alone gives 1 entry, a single coin plus a post will give 2 entries.
A 2 coin donation and a post will give 4 entries.
So post if you can!

UPDATE 2: 29/12/18
Now accepting gift cards as well as coins! A $10 gift card is equivalent to 10 coins, therefore will be 10 entries. $20 cards will be 20 entries. Remember, a little bleeding tale of your heart will double the number of entries!

BEE in it to win it!

12/26/2018 12:33:12 AM #1

whut the....

12/26/2018 12:36:58 AM #2

If that isn't a face you can tell your deepest secrets too Stormbreaker, than you must have Really been hurt at one time... You may need his help more than anyone else here

12/26/2018 12:38:59 AM #3

I'm sorry, but this is either a meme or just one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

12/26/2018 1:07:14 AM #4

Posted By Barleyman at 6:38 PM - Tue Dec 25 2018

I'm sorry, but this is either a meme or just one of the weirdest things I have ever seen.

Why not both? ;P

12/26/2018 1:15:39 AM #5

Posted By Barleyman at 11:08 AM - Wed Dec 26 2018

Love is weird I agree.

12/26/2018 3:41:12 AM #6

Oh thank goodness Doctor! When I was but a lad of age 8, this handsome young lass caught my eye. She frequented a bar named "The White Stag" and is go in every day lookin for er. She was beautful I tell you, and brought many men to tears. Sadly though, I couldn't get her to tell me the time of day. I did everything in life thinking of how best to make her mine. I applied to the academy, I grew older, and got a job as a sailor for the royal navy. on my return home...I hesitated before entering the stag...I took my hat off and put it across my heart in both vow and prayer. I enter the bar... and there she is like always. my heart is pounding as I go to the bartender and ask for a pint. The best beer ever brewed "lass crafted rum". Costs a fortune bit now she's mine. Thanks Doc, I really wanted to tell my story.

12/26/2018 6:06:36 AM #7

You can’t just rum away from your problems so easily SilentPeat. You have reached out to me so I can only assume the need is there.
When you are ready to be honest I’ll be here (though it will cost you another coin).

Regards,
Dr. Lovefinger

12/26/2018 6:42:53 AM #8

Nice post! Love it! :)

Good luck to everyone who's in the competition!

Friend code: B29DD8

12/26/2018 11:33:35 AM #9

So once upon a time in ages long since past I asked a guy out on a date just to see where things would go. After dating the guy for 6 months and having come to realize that all we ever did was not talk and hang out, and that I hadn't come to feel any sort of attachment to him, I broke up with him the week after Christmas.

Now I was living in the school dorms at the time and is was the start of winter semester so all the rooms where getting reshuffled. So he had himself moved into my room where he spent the next month harassing me and stealing my stuff until my best friend dropped a hint to the RC that he used to be my boyfriend.

I wanted to report him but then I'd just be seen as petty cause i had no proof that he stole my poetry journal and my English text book. Thank god for my besties right? Sad thing is that was my first and so far last experience dating someone.

Being normal is vastly overrated!

12/26/2018 9:13:10 PM #10

Ah, the sticky protein-based mess of a first time relationship.

Faustes, I see this all the time. As I sink deep into this expensive leather chair I can tell your maturity is next level. Forgive your former friend as they are on their own quest, to seek better communication skills and simple life experience. Why else would they steal your poetry from you if not to see an example of how real communication works? You don’t need lots of relationships, you just need the right ones, so wait for those because you are unique in this world.

I told KingOfTheSouth your story and he became furious. He said he wanted to hunt this guy down, rip his heart out of his chest and eat it while it was still beating. I placated him with chocolate and told him that Caprakan’s true and proud Janoan ways don’t necessarily work for outsiders. He still doesn’t get it but that’s ok...we are all on a journey.

Thank you for your donation of coin and you willingness to open your heart Faustes. It may encourage others to do the same.

12/27/2018 11:16:49 PM #11

My tale begins as a child, as the love that has broken this heart is not a romantic one, but the love between a parent and a child. Years passed with the Vail hiding my families true natures. Like any child I gelrew most of my life without a care. Till that Vail was lifted, and something sparked to life deep inside me. As a brutal and tyrannical father and a vengful mother began to bring me into their failing marriage, I found myself learning who they really were as they asked me to cover for their various lovers and attacked of the other. As time went on, I began to wonder, how a parent could put their child through such hell? It wasn't till a physical confrontation, one of many, that resulted in a blow to the head and left an abandoned child with a hell of a concussion. But through the pain and confusion, a light flickered in the darkness. It called out to me and said that I didn't need to hurt anymore. That it would always be there to protect me. This protector kept it's promise, when the winters came, I found warmth, when the night was darkest I found light, and when I was in danger, it brought justice.

We never found out why the fire started. Firefighters said it could have been the old wireing, but no evidence of where it started could be found. The only thing they could be sure of, were the two charrd bodies that layed in the living room. From then on I weeped blaming myself. Thinking that there was something I could have done to save them, both from the fire and from each other. But I was always comforted by that flicker of light in the back of my mind. It never left me, it's still there, protecting me.

And so ends a love story, not your conventional one, but these story never are. Loseing the love of a parent can cripple you. But that fire inside everyone never burns out.

Disclaimer: This is a story about learning to love yourself, most elements of this story are true but some are fiction to provide story and protect the actual parties involved.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year Elyrians!

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

12/28/2018 4:57:33 AM #12

Sicarius, today you, my friend, have lit a candle in that darkness that will not easily be put out. People will be guided by it even if they cannot see it.
I have nothing to teach those who know the Protector. May your fields be filled with bees and your fruit bowls full.

Now begone, get out...OUT!!! For time grows short! My chair is set for the gutted and lost...they have precious little time left to find me before the Longest Night is over and I am gone. I fear I may not pass this way again.

12/29/2018 6:55:21 AM #13

A brief pondering of regret, grief, and wonder; so are the thoughts that swim through a poor man's head ever so frequently since that fateful autumn's night. Leaving her in silence, not wishing it had to be so, but knowing that a separation would be for the best. As he lay to rest that night the throbbing of his heart pained his chest greatly and gave a feeling as though his heart was nigh on renting itself in two, for such was the feeling that embodied how he felt ever so frequently since that fateful autumn's night.

12/29/2018 7:02:43 AM #14

A couple of updates!

UPDATE 1: 27/12/2018: A number of requests have come in asking if an Ancient Coin donation alone gives them a chance at the bees. The answer is Yes, but note an accompanying post of heartbreak will now double a persons chances.
For example, a single coin donation alone gives 1 entry, a single coin plus a post will give 2 entries.
A 2 coin donation and a post will give 4 entries.
So post if you can!

UPDATE 2: 29/12/18
Now accepting gift cards as well as coins! A $10 gift card is equivalent to 10 coins, therefore will be 10 entries. $20 cards will be 20 entries. Remember, a little bleeding tale from your heart will double the number of entries!

BEE in it to win it!

Love from The Finger...of love 💗

12/29/2018 7:39:59 AM #15

Bobby. Bobby Bobby Bobby...Bob

They say time heals all wounds and (as a very smart psychiatrist who was only struck off 6 weeks into my successful practice for...malpractice...was because I hadn’t actually finished the sixth attempt at the second year of my studies and because the bastards didn’t accept my reasons for using restraints and mind bending drugs, I know this to be true but all that doesn’t matter cos I know what I’m doing!) I’m here to tell you...

IT’S A LIE! The pain will never go away.
But it will lessen. Trust me. You put yourself on the line and exposed your heart. This makes it perfect for breaking.

So cry when you feel like crying and laugh when you can’t cry anymore. That’s what I do in between patients. The other thing you can d...

...Oh, look at the time, it seems our session is over, and time is getting very short. Thank you, there’s the door...

NEXT!