COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
Event - Ancient coins for Land, Settlements and Profession assistance on offer

TL:DR;

I've said all along that I want to build a community and assist people to achieve their in game goals. To that end, I have 90,000 EP I am willing to use to build a community, fund in game ventures and provide in game assistance to anyone who wishes to join my community and become a productive member of society.

If you settle in my lands and donate the following amount of ancient coins, I will provide the following assistance as a minimum. I am also open to negotiate, so if there is something else you'd prefer, you need only ask.

if you don't have coins but still wish to settle my lands, I will STILL help you anyway I can.

*50 ancient coins : Profession startup assistance

*100 ancient coins: Land subject to availability

*250 ancient coins: Land equal to majority share of a village or town.

Want something else, just ask

*Within reason and within my means. The EP is finite as is land and other resources

coins should be sent to Bushido Lord

Discord: Daimyo Hajime Saito#5078

The long part

In my pitch to be King and in my recruitment threads, I have mentioned several times that I want people to join me and become part of my community. I have also said that I am prepared to offer assistance to those who do and reward those who wish to be a productive member of my land.

Kingdoms, titles and land are all well and good, but a Kingdom is NOTHING without the people. Sure, there are those who just want power and care little for the people, but strength comes from unity and support from the people.

Like everyone, I want wealth and prosperity, I mean who doesn't, but the difference between me and so many others, is that I am not looking to gain advantage through the oppression of others. I would much rather elevate people to their full potential. It's only logical as what benefits my people, also benefits me.

This is me putting my money and EP where my mouth is!!

I have 90,000 EP that I am planning on using to build my land, so if you want a piece of it and want to settle in my lands, then I am prepared to help...

I have said I want to help people. I have said I want to elevate people, so ANYONE wanting a home in my lands I will help regardless of the coins you give!!

However, if you are able to help me now by sending me your ancient coins (with appropriate screenshot to verify), I promise at least the following:

If you settle in my lands and donate the following amount of ancient coins, I will provide the following assistance as a minimum. I am also open to negotiate, so if there is something else you'd prefer, you need only ask.

if you don't have coins but still wish to settle my lands, I will STILL help you anyway I can.

*50 ancient coins : Profession startup assistance

*100 ancient coins: Land subject to availability

*250 ancient coins: Land equal to majority share of a village or town.

Want something else, just ask

*Within reason and within my means. The EP is finite as is land and other resources

coins should be sent to Bushido Lord

Discord: Daimyo Hajime Saito#5078

12/23/2018 11:37:20 AM #1

I'm not even on the OCE server. But o'wow. You have my heartfelt support. Impressive commitment.

Salute

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

12/23/2018 11:42:56 AM #2

Thank you @ShadyClown.

This is my dream.. Aesthetics aside, this is what I want. Successful citizens mean a successful Kingdom!!

And not only that, while I aspire for peace and prosperity, I am fully prepared to throw down to protect that, my land and my people!!

I was going to use the EP to build the land, then it dawned on me, I can actually do that right now!!

12/23/2018 11:45:24 AM #3

I like this idea, and it shows a solid level of commitment to your cause. This is a big risk, because you may not win the title, but you will always have to spend that EP on these deals. Takes very serious commitment.

12/23/2018 11:48:43 AM #4

If I get good people in to my lands... I've already won!!

12/23/2018 12:12:35 PM #5

Nice attempt to misdirect the community, but if you did have 90,000 EP you certainly wouldn't still be Rank 1.

12/23/2018 12:16:50 PM #6

@Shamstone

perhaps you should actually READ the information.

<-- I DO have 90k EP

I have my reasons for using an alt

12/23/2018 12:35:05 PM #7

Great idea Bushido Lord

12/23/2018 12:51:01 PM #8

For those that wish to lie and say this is a trick or spur of the moment bribery to win a contest, I present the evidence to show that I have ALWAYS said I would help people, anyway I can!!!

Event writeup

yes, it is a rework of my Duchy post, but then it is still the same vision, just on a grander scale

Duchy of Yamashiro

my old old old recruitment post for my County, prior to become a Duke (yes yes, its the same name, big deal) :P

Yamashiro County

there, each and every time, I explain my goal is to help elevate people and build my community.

12/23/2018 2:50:31 PM #9

Just want to say, you can't do the 250 coin one. Mayors already have majority share. in the village. You'd have to kill off the Mayor and their heirs to make it happen which might take a while and have a revolt on your hands.

If you want to be my lover, you gotta get with my friend code: 926EE6

12/23/2018 3:48:29 PM #10

Posted By Ithikari at 06:50 AM - Sun Dec 23 2018

Just want to say, you can't do the 250 coin one. Mayors already have majority share. in the village. You'd have to kill off the Mayor and their heirs to make it happen which might take a while and have a revolt on your hands.

Mayors only have majority share at the beginning of Expo, it is not guaranteed forever.

I haven't seen anything that would stop Haji from buying more land for them, adding to the settlement and giving the person in question a majority.

I for one like this concept the most so far. "You want to settle in my lands? Help me get the land, and I will help you settle" Even if he doesn't win a Kingdom, they can still settle in his Duchy.

It is fair, it gives people in game benefits, and it builds the community up. +1

12/23/2018 3:52:45 PM #11

Posted By Labbe at 01:18 AM - Mon Dec 24 2018

Posted By Ithikari at 06:50 AM - Sun Dec 23 2018

They have majority share at the beginning of Expo.

I haven't seen anything that would stop Haji from buying more land for them, adding to the settlement and giving the person in question a majority.

I for one like this concept the most so far. "You want to settle in my lands? Help me get the land, and I will help you settle" Even if he doesn't win a Kingdom, they can still settle in his Duchy.

It is fair, it gives people in game benefits, and it builds the community up. +1

Then you have a big village with decaying buildings and unused land, angry NPC's who's land became less valuable and peoples shares decreasing. Most likely, you'd end up in a ghost town.

12/23/2018 3:58:25 PM #12

Posted By Bushido Lord at 06:51 AM - Sun Dec 23 2018

For those that wish to lie and say this is a trick or spur of the moment bribery to win a contest, I present the evidence to show that I have ALWAYS said I would help people, anyway I can!!!

Event writeup

yes, it is a rework of my Duchy post, but then it is still the same vision, just on a grander scale

Duchy of Yamashiro

my old old old recruitment post for my County, prior to become a Duke (yes yes, its the same name, big deal) :P

Yamashiro County

there, each and every time, I explain my goal is to help elevate people and build my community.

Ok. So... None of what you just said changes that you are exchanging votes for EP, which is bribery.

Not a trick, not spur of the moment, still bribery.

Before this event, and before you were attempting to be a king, you were enticing people to be citizens of your duchy with promise of giving them land, which would still be bribery.

12/23/2018 4:04:08 PM #13

Posted By Kyre at 01:28 AM - Mon Dec 24 2018

Posted By Bushido Lord at 06:51 AM - Sun Dec 23 2018

Event writeup

Duchy of Yamashiro

Yamashiro County

Ok. So... None of what you just said changes that you are exchanging votes for EP, which is bribery.

Not a trick, not spur of the moment, still bribery.

Before this event, and before you were attempting to be a king, you were enticing people to be citizens of your duchy with promise of giving them land, which would still be bribery.

And? Bribery is fine. I am known to bribe and I am fully open to bribes myself.

12/23/2018 4:09:45 PM #14

Posted By Labbe at 02:48 AM - Mon Dec 24 2018

Mayors only have majority share at the beginning of Expo, it is not guaranteed forever.

Would really only work if it was within his own county. Or he would have to put pressure on those other counts, which may not even work for NPC counts. To sell the land to that person really cheap to be able to get a majority.

It's not a bad idea. But with so many unknowns around it. Going to be dam risky to try pull off in game. Unless as I said, it's only within his count/s and will only accept so many people.

Not that even gaining a majority, assuming it's not 51% would get that person a mayor title anyway

12/23/2018 4:29:19 PM #15

Posted By Ithikari at 10:04 AM - Sun Dec 23 2018

And? Bribery is fine. I am known to bribe and I am fully open to bribes myself.

I can see that. You're doing something similar in your own thread, and that's fine. The difference is, you never tried to imply that what you were doing wasn't bribery.

"For those that wish to lie and say this is a trick or spur of the moment bribery to win a contest, I present the evidence to show that I have ALWAYS said I would help people, anyway I can!!!"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This wording seems like it is designed to pre-emptively paint people who would call out said bribery as liars.