COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
[NA-W] Guardians of the Sunstone

Guardians of the Sunstone

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty. - James Madison

The advancement of civilization is directly correlated to the advancement of knowledge. From the aqueducts of the great Roman Empire, and Roman concrete that helped create it, to the first wheel, knowledge has shaped the world.

Who are the Guardians?

The Guardians are a group of carefully selected Knights who have dedicated their lives to protecting this priceless relic for the benefit of future generations and the advancement of our civilization. They will ensure the Sunstone is kept safe from those who wish to place it in temples and basements. The Guardians believe each person should benefit from what the Sunstone can teach us and In their care, research will be performed by the great minds of Elyria. There are so many questions to be answered; where did it come from, who created it, why was it created, what kind of magic does it use, amongst many others.

The Guardians kindly ask for all your support in securing the Sunstone so it may be researched and protected. This duty will be one of honor and sacrifice for the men and women who will dedicate their lives to protecting and unlocking the hidden knowledge of this relic.

Can I become a Guardian?

Yes, anyone willing to prove themselves as a Guardian Knight is welcome to do so. Please join the Blackheart discord if you are interested.

In the event the Guardians do not obtain the Sunstone, they pledge to support the owner if it is used for research purposes.

About Me

I am a Countess in the Kingdom of Blackheart and have a history of generosity in the Chronicles of Elyria community. One accolade which I am most proud of is becoming a Legendary Donor in the Elyrian Assistance Program (EAP), helping many people join the community as Adventurers, Gentry and even Aristocracy. Now, it is my turn to ask you all for your help in this campaign for the Sunstone. With your support the Sunstones secrets will be unlocked and our civilization in Elyria will flourish.

Artwork created by Dragan Darkholm AKA Clockwork-Horologist

12/20/2018 11:54:39 PM #1

Final amount of coins collected for this event was: 10,135.

Thank you to everyone who supported me during the event.

All the best, Sellayne

12/21/2018 12:33:18 AM #2

Great concept. I look forward to seeing this grow.

12/21/2018 12:54:17 AM #3

I think most Elyrians would agree that the Sunstone should be shared with the general public to create a more interesting and full game. Not locked away "keeping its knowledge and secrets hidden from the populace." If you agree that the Sunstone should be turned in to a public treasure check out The Temple of the Sun post by clicking my banner below.

12/21/2018 12:57:25 AM #4

Sellayne/Gwenore has always gone out of her way to help people in the community, including myself. She is passionate about Chronicles of Elyria and Blackheart to a frightening degree and I would be comfortable knowing the sunstone is kept in good hands. The R.B.S.A.P. would enjoy a partnership with the Guardians of the Sunstone with our mutual goals to understand the unknown and protect the dangerous secrets that may be uncovered by it.

12/21/2018 1:21:00 AM #5

Posted By Bayerd at 5:54 PM - Thu Dec 20 2018

I think most Elyrians would agree that the Sunstone should be shared with the general public to create a more interesting and full game. Not locked away "keeping its knowledge and secrets hidden from the populace." If you agree that the Sunstone should be turned in to a public treasure check out The Temple of the Sun post by clicking my banner below.

Maybe my wording was not as clear as I intended, I do not wish for the Sunstone to be left in a temple to be looked at and 'worshiped', instead I would like to see people from all across Elyria come and research it. This would be a better use for the stone as it would benefit the community in so many ways.

12/21/2018 1:37:00 AM #6

Ms. Darkholm,

I have a couple of questions.

I know your Kingdom has a large interest in the Dras tribe and Swamp biome. How does a relic that is basically a mini sun help that cause? Are the Dras not harmed by the sunlight?

Another question, I'm unsure if a knightly order gives the concept you're looking for justice. It seems more like a way to protect it, and in societies that try to do that...they typically lock such items away.

It seems like your idea, would in turn...share the stone with fewer people or only a select few of your choosing who are deemed worthy.

Just wasn't sure what your intent was here, maybe you can clarify for me on the various points?

Thank you!

12/21/2018 1:49:18 AM #7

As you know the Dras are a very cerebral tribe and their goal is to maintain balance in all things. With that being said, we already have established guilds dedicated to learning in our Kingdom, one of them being the Fennec Academy that is open to all.

It is true that the Dras are prone to sunburns, but with proper protective equipment I believe brief periods of exposure would be of no consequence, besides, it will not be only Dras conducting research on this relic. (Though Blackheart has expressed interest in Dras, we are still open to all options as far as tribes)

The Guardians only order is to make sure the Sunstone is being used for its intended purpose, research for the benefit of all.

Remember, no one person owns this relic. We did not create it, but we bare the burden of finding out who did and why.

12/21/2018 1:52:55 AM #8

Posted By SellayneDarkholm at 8:49 PM - Thu Dec 20 2018

As you know the Dras are a very cerebral tribe and their goal is to maintain balance in all things. With that being said, we already have established guilds dedicated to learning in our Kingdom, one of them being the Fennec Academy that is open to all.

It is true that the Dras are prone to sunburns, but with proper protective equipment I believe brief periods of exposure would be of no consequence, besides, it will not be only Dras conducting research on this relic. (Though Blackheart has expressed interest in Dras, we are still open to all options as far as tribes)

The Guardians only order is to make sure the Sunstone is being used for its intended purpose, research for the benefit of all.

Remember, no one person owns this relic. We did not create it, but we bare the burden of finding out who did and why.

Last question. Since you seem especially opposed to the idea of keeping the stone in a public venue like a temple, where would you house the stone?

How would you go about sharing the benefit it offers to all?

12/21/2018 1:55:52 AM #9

Posted By SellayneDarkholm at 7:21 PM - Thu Dec 20 2018

Maybe my wording was not as clear as I intended, I do not wish for the Sunstone to be left in a temple to be looked at and 'worshiped', instead I would like to see people from all across Elyria come and research it. This would be a better use for the stone as it would benefit the community in so many ways.

You put that you would lock away it's knowledge and secrets from everyone, but apparently you meant you would share it. So I agree your wording was not clear, or maybe it was toooo clear.

12/21/2018 2:02:31 AM #10

The Guardians would ensure the stone is available for research at all times. That means it may change locations in order to serve as many people as possible.

Frequent publications in the form of books and scrolls would be available to all those that wish to use them.

12/21/2018 2:03:43 AM #11

Posted By Bayerd at 6:55 PM - Thu Dec 20 2018

Posted By SellayneDarkholm at 7:21 PM - Thu Dec 20 2018

You put that you would lock away it's knowledge and secrets from everyone, but apparently you meant you would share it. So I agree your wording was not clear, or maybe it was toooo clear.

I apologize for any misunderstanding. I have edited the text to be as clear as day, now. (pun intended :) )

12/21/2018 2:18:19 AM #12

What happens when it gets stolen from your Temple? What then?

12/21/2018 2:33:38 AM #13

I like Guarding, studying, and sharing the knowledge as a general concept and idea.

On the alternative of the temple...

Keeping a priceless object in a public venue has generally worked great: Even when stored away, treasures tend to disappear... The Ark of the Covenant,Menkaure's Sarcophagus, Honjo Masamune, The crown jewel's of Ireland, Sappho's poems, The Florentine Diamond, the Royal Casket of Izabela Czartoryska, Michelangelo's Mask of a Faun, Romanov's Easter Eggs, The Story of the Kelly Gang film, not to mention better known (missing) marvels and wonders.

Populism could have really nasty consequences, and promising to keep a jewel in a public venue when not even its shape or format is clear is a very clear depiction of appealing to "the people" only to achieve political objectives without really worrying about the consequences of such promises.

I would rather have the knowledge shared, and the treasures stored, and guarded. Maybe we could let our history help the history of Elyria?

12/21/2018 3:44:43 AM #14

Posted By Ryoaze_Siapiusa at 9:33 PM - Thu Dec 20 2018

I like Guarding, studying, and sharing the knowledge as a general concept and idea.

I would rather have the knowledge shared, and the treasures stored, and guarded. Maybe we could let our history help the history of Elyria?

Those are basically the same things that would be done with the concept that has been posted in the temple thread. The main difference is that this concept, involves moving the relic around. And having a knightly order doing the protecting.

Also the idea of making the temple a Wonder of Elyria which is one difference.

Nothing wrong with either idea, but they aren't that far apart in truth.

If you do have questions about it, you're more then welcome to address them in the temple of the sun thread, which is linked in my signature.

Regardless, good luck in your campaign :)

12/22/2018 10:23:37 PM #15

Countess Sellayne Darkholm,

Thank you for becoming an affiliate to The Order. I look forward to working with you and the Guardians of the Sunstone! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you and your organization.

-Duke Samsara