COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Raiders Event Candidate Sylvae

Edit: I'm conceding to Huldric in this contest. Thanks to everyone so far who has been kind and supportive.

I will humbly throw my hat in the ring here as the Riftwood candidate for the duchy prize.

Many of the candidates so far have created well-written, beautiful campaign posts for this event. I'm always impressed by the skill and creativity we have in the CoE community, and the dedication and thoughtfulness of many of our members.

As for me, I will keep mine short and to the point.

Send me coins if you want to see a duchy optimized for trade and wealth generation.

Given the unknowns, no promises can be made by anyone at this point regarding details and location. However my methods for governance would aim for:

-Stimulating production by supporting crafting infrastructure, guilds, and schools

-Supporting trade, by encouraging merchant friendly routes, taxes, and protection

-Even handed and relatively neutral diplomatic practices with trade in mind, and with regard to the laws of the Kingdom.

-Patronage for explorers, adventurers and prospectors, and assistance protecting their found valuable resources

-I envision the more violent and deviant sorts having fun attempting to take some of that wealth, therefore strong protection and law forces will enjoy a niche.

-The Duchy would benefit from the close relationships I have fostered with the King, Dukes, and other organizations of Riftwood, and friends beyond our borders.

-A very casual, laid-back culture with respect for players with any interest, focus, or backer package.

I would plan to remain in Riftwood if at all possible. This duchy will remain it's own and uncombined with any other duchy.

Location and tribe within Riftwood would be decided with consideration for the preferences of citizen, and availability of Duchies come Domain and Settlement Selection. My own personal top 4 preferred tribes, in order, are:

1. Neran

2. Brudvir

3. Dras

4. To'resk

The fighting style would be something I'd work on with the highest coin contributors and disseminate to all duchy members as freely as possible.

Feel free to visit me in discord DM to chat, or one of my communities: Riftwood, Atravia, or Briva discords.

Edit: Please don't spend money for the purposes of voting for me! Spend it for the lootbox swag if you want the items in game. :) I'll be happy with the coin given freely.

12/19/2018 9:09:47 PM #1

Always have my Support Syl, You are a great community leader and definitely deserve the spot.

Duchess of Nareveth, Mayoress of Fyrebend, Duchy of Luxspring.

12/19/2018 9:40:37 PM #2

I support this 100%. Sylvae has been a very active and loyal member of Riftwood since the early days and I believe she would be a wonderful addition to the great leadership we have in Riftwood.

12/20/2018 4:04:21 AM #3

Sylvae,

Love your name btw.

What are your plans should you come in first? Do you have enough EP to support building a duchy? Are you willing to invest in more if you'd be at a disadvantage?

12/20/2018 4:53:40 AM #4

Hi, Elysia.

Thanks for the compliment :)

TLDR: I'd use the sunstone where most effective. And a base duchy pack without any more EP bought will be fine to start out with.

I have no aims towards the first prize. If such an unlikely thing were to land in my lap, I would like to have it used where needed most in the Kingdom, and ideally, to be shared. As no one has any real guarantee of biome, beyond fairly reasonable guesses, I can't say for sure. Not until after Domain and Settlement Selection.

Do I have enough EP to support building a Duchy? The 2nd place prize reads "Royal Ltd." pack. In the store, this pack comes with 20k EP to customize the duchy. In addition to the EP I already have, this will be fine to start with. This amount should be enough for infrastructure and defense kits, and more.

A Duchy is land that is part of a kingdom and comprised of counties which have cities in those counties. The idea here is to assist and orchestrate growth on a higher level. The counts, mayors, and citizens will be doing the heavy lifting. Especially the latter. The citizens are going to be crafting, fighting, stealing, breeding animals and everything a healthy community needs.

Not starting out baller is not a problem in my position. I've the full support of my kingdom. And hey, if I do a bad job I'll be CB'd.

Am I willing to invest more? Yes and no. I enjoy buying the neat items in the merch shop, for myself, my citizens, and my town so far. I don't feel there should be any need to spend money in order to be effective or have a chance at growing into success. The money we're spending is to back the game's development. I don't see my investments I've made so far or those I'll make in the future as buying my way into an advantage over those who can't.

Please drop in Riftwood, Atravia, or Briva discord (in my sig) if you'd like to discuss further. :)

12/20/2018 10:05:19 PM #5

Sending my coins your way - would love to see you move up in Riftwood

12/20/2018 10:25:25 PM #6

Thank you, Mikhal :) It is very much appreciated.

12/21/2018 8:30:39 PM #7

Hey, quick thank you to all the folks sending coins. :) Much appreciated! Stop by Riftwood or Atravia discord to hang out.

12/22/2018 3:50:17 PM #8

No better person to earn a Duchess title than Sylvae! I wish you the best of luck and looking forward to seeing you crowned 😊

You earned it.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

12/22/2018 5:16:57 PM #9

Though your one of my competitors for this event I like the forum post and personally of the ones I have read it is one of my favored ones.

I like the straight forward no gimmick stance.

12/23/2018 3:56:46 PM #10

Hahahaha, isn't that how a campaign should be run, Ilhar? 😉

I'm only pulling your leg. So far, I've seen nothing but straight forward campaigning going on from the NA-W candidates, and that to me, is very refreshing to see.

I'm really looking forward to the last couple days of the event. It should be entertaining.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

12/23/2018 6:16:34 PM #11

I like the post, no gimmick, no attempt to buy the win, you don't seam to already have more then you need.

Over all I wish there where more people like you running and less people with double duchies and thousands of dollars to spend on the event.

Because of such more rich and greedy players your chances are slim, but I wish you the best of luck, If I still had coins I would send them your way.

12/27/2018 7:36:22 PM #12

Sad that you dropped out, might I ask how many coins where lost when you dropped out? out of curiosity?

All the apples belong to me

12/27/2018 9:58:51 PM #13

626! -50 which will be removed.

12/30/2018 6:10:59 PM #14

sad that you dropped out, but good run before you did