COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
Janoan cosplay!

My God, I first saw the Janoan concept art in the Early Access forum months ago, and it just stuck with me. For some reason, I couldn't get it out of my head, and in October I began doing my best to create it.

Of course, a lot of the concept art was vague, past bones being used as part of the adorments, so I had a bit of artistic liberty. Also, holy shit, it turns out it was a lot of work and I just ran out of time before the costume contest deadline. Sadly, due to the NDA nature of the post I was working off of, I was disqualified, but no big deal :P

In any case, now that the art has been released, I can share! I was SO happy to see that the spine in the rendered version was continued down the back because that is exactly how I plan to do my own armor. Speaking of my own armor, you will notice I'm rocking a Trison Skull Shield. I 100% feel that any respectable Janoan would rock a shield like this. I decided to include feathers, in part because it fits Janoan's thematically, but also because they give me visual weight that makes me appear taller, since I'd probably be a rather short Janoan :<

whelp, I'm not done making this yet, but I still wanted to share, so I hope everyone likes it! If interested, I can explain how I did each piece in case anyone wants to make their own Janoan armor.

12/7/2018 2:13:34 AM #1

looks brilliant!

well done!

12/7/2018 2:15:33 AM #2

Posted By Gnoll at

My God, I first saw the Janoan concept art in the Early Access forum months ago, and it just stuck with me. For some reason, I couldn't get it out of my head, and in October I began doing my best to create it.

Of course, a lot of the concept art was vague, past bones being used as part of the adorments, so I had a bit of artistic liberty. Also, holy shit, it turns out it was a lot of work and I just ran out of time before the costume contest deadline. Sadly, due to the NDA nature of the post I was working off of, I was disqualified, but no big deal :P

In any case, now that the art has been released, I can share! I was SO happy to see that the spine in the rendered version was continued down the back because that is exactly how I plan to do my own armor. Speaking of my own armor, you will notice I'm rocking a Trison Skull Shield. I 100% feel that any respectable Janoan would rock a shield like this. I decided to include feathers, in part because it fits Janoan's thematically, but also because they give me visual weight that makes me appear taller, since I'd probably be a rather short Janoan :<

whelp, I'm not done making this yet, but I still wanted to share, so I hope everyone likes it! If interested, I can explain how I did each piece in case anyone wants to make their own Janoan armor.

Wow, mad props to you!

12/7/2018 2:28:03 AM #3

Very impressive! Suits the aesthetic really well and has some nice detail work.

12/7/2018 2:29:47 AM #4

Wow looks great! I really love the "shield."

12/7/2018 2:36:12 AM #5

Looks awesome! Post a follow up if you get more pieces completed.

Alt text - can be left blank

12/7/2018 2:36:57 AM #6

Are those stripes painted on your arm? If so nice attention to detail.

Seneschal for the Hrothi County of Iskar, Recruiter for the Duchy of Aritaur

https://discord.gg/qRQ3Zj6

12/7/2018 3:50:00 AM #7

Good Going now your ready for battle

12/7/2018 5:01:02 AM #8

I love itttttt ♥♥♥

12/8/2018 3:17:59 PM #9

Love the Costume! Definitely a winner!

12/9/2018 1:44:12 AM #10

Very nice man.... This is awesome...!!

12/9/2018 1:55:36 PM #11

This looks amazing!

12/10/2018 3:13:55 AM #12

Thank you all for the kind words :) This is my first attempt at any kind of cosplay so it has been a learning experience. The shield and skull are made out of foam and spackle and turned out much better than I expected them to.

Posted By Lodrig at 6:36 PM - Thu Dec 06 2018

Are those stripes painted on your arm? If so nice attention to detail.

Well I couldn't be a Janoan without stripes! Hehe but yes, I tried to use some halloween paints to make them but I will have to find something else in the future. It didn't quite work out how I wanted and it was rather time consuming.

12/31/2018 7:33:27 PM #13

It looks ultra nice!!! It Looks very wild, maybe a little bit to wild for a janoa, but anyway, it looks awesome!!