COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Tips on welcoming new people

I had been introducing CoE to new people, but i have been having mix success. I'm wondering it's the style I have been using or a better style to use.

Thanks for your time.

ex. I would ask if they heard of CoE then provide a short description and a link to this website's overview page. The people I tell this too are people i played other games with and develop a bit of relationship with.

Count of Toxai

12/4/2018 12:26:46 AM #1

For me, I found that it was my excitement and passion of the game that sold the idea to my friends. Some bought packages right away well others felt there were too many unknowns for them to make an investment.

My advice would be, just continue to express your excitement about new things that are coming out and eventually they will feel more secure about the game.

Everyone has different levels of risk that they are comfortable with, which results in some needing more assurances then others.

12/4/2018 1:15:58 AM #2

You cant force them to like it. Just say that you like it and would enjoy that person XY plays with ya.

2/25/2019 3:30:53 PM #3

If I was to introduce someone, I’d make sure to let them know clearly it’s more about your Legacy than just the character you create. It is one of the thing that makes CoE stand out I think, along with the player based hierarchical system.

2/25/2019 4:11:54 PM #4

What I have been doing is giving my friends the information on what I know they liked.I give them the dev journal tied to their interest but also give them the information I know as well. Also I introduce them to my CoE community/guild. They have been playing with them for a while now. Once CoE does release the collective hype will mostly push them over the fence. I don't tell my friends to buy packages though. I tell them I will let them know when it's safe for them to spend money.

2/25/2019 11:14:02 PM #5

I generally direct new people to my favorite 3rd party forum and cackle madly in the background.

Kidding....

I'd say your approach depends on what sort of features the person being "sold" values the most and then emphasizing how well (or not) COE aligns with them.

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT