COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TRIBES
Kypiq Combat

Is it just me or does the Kypiq seem to really have a lot of disadvantages when it comes to combat? Like I definitely get some parts of it, their small and way more fragile and obviously there's gonna be cons to the race, however I hear that their stamina is weak and I feel as if their stamina should be stronger if they're jumping from tree to tree, they're fast and agile already which is good, but to also make up their lack of strength and height shouldn't they have more stamina too? Being fast and agile is good, but if you're fast and have shit stamina and also have no strength then you're basically a goner, or at least that's how I feel

11/25/2018 3:07:56 AM #1

I do find the weak stamina odd, but I enjoy that for once an MMO is taking the racial physicality into account. For example, look at Tera, there's a race called "Elin". In the game, their size doesn't have any true negatives, but in reality, being a 4ft tall rabbit-person wouldn't be good for you. Even with speed, a Kypiq would be like a flea to a Brudvir, a simple backhand from their 6ft 2in, 220lb frame would hurt them. If this was any other MMO, their physical appearance would be purely cosmetic.

11/25/2018 3:32:22 AM #2

They don't jump from tree to tree.

It has been clarified that Kypiqs use pully systems, ladders, walkways. They live in tree houses, not "trees", with full villages up there were they walk around leisurely.

Also they did seem to get the short end of the combat stick, but by all accounts they are clever. They are likely to advance the quickest if they double down on their research, and although I don't think we will see axe wielding Kypiqs, I think we will see crossbows, and more advanced tech.

11/25/2018 10:27:36 AM #3

Yes unfortunately they should delete the kypiq tribe writeup. It does state we can scurry up tree trunks - now not true we use ladders .

It says we can jump from tree to tree - not true we now use ziplines.

We are akin to squirrels - no longer true. We are just little people who use technology.

The writeup does need to be changed as many things have now changed about us.

However, we are accurate, very agile (crap stamina though).

We can currently see in low light which is good against the other tribes especially for disarming the enemy (I guess this will be subject to change too lol) good for placing traps around the place too.

It's hard to know about our race right now since there is conflicting information. Right now until the tribe post is changed that is the official stance (it is hard for people to keep up with discord changes when things are not updated on the website to reflect the change.)

11/25/2018 8:12:15 PM #4

First rule of Kypiq combat: Keep the enemy at a distance.

Imagine trying to match an army deep into the first as arrows continuously rain from the trees above you and the shadows around you.

Yes, Kypiq would get owned in a 1v1 melee. So, you just don't engage enemies that way.

⛵️❓💰

11/25/2018 11:42:29 PM #5

I really dislike how it says "They are able to see in low light, similar to other animals like the canis rabbit. This ability also makes their eyes appear to glow in when it is dark out." It makes me wonder if it will impact our stealth ability in the dark.

11/26/2018 7:29:00 AM #6

Posted By KleinVonKrauler at 3:42 PM - Sun Nov 25 2018

I really dislike how it says "They are able to see in low light, similar to other animals like the canis rabbit. This ability also makes their eyes appear to glow in when it is dark out." It makes me wonder if it will impact our stealth ability in the dark.

The glow is probably the reflection from an intense light. To mitigate the problem, don't look directly into intense light when anyone is looking back. On the other hand, cunning use of the attribute might spook an unsteady enemy, perhaps directly into an ambush.

11/26/2018 7:56:46 AM #7

While I appreciate your potential work around and benefit. I see the glowing eyes as more of a detriment than a benefit. I do not see it being useful in many situations, I do not want my eyes glowing in the darkness if I am trying to stealth my way through a town or building. I am more likely to find myself in more situations that would benefit from my eyes not glowing as opposed to glowing. The problem is that glowing eyes would work against me stealthing my way through a situation and provide me something that is beneficial only in very specific instances.

11/26/2018 7:58:14 AM #8

Glowing eyes could be useful too as you could use forest cant along with it and make someone believe your an angry little critter ready for attacking - all while the moskin get into position. 🙂

11/26/2018 6:12:01 PM #9

First rule of kypiq fight club: don't fight anything that's not already caught in a trap you've set up. It's a tribe built around running away and hiding while trying to lure the enemy into a clever trap. If you're going to want to exchange blows or have long range archer battles against players and weaponry that do more damage and can take more damage than you can it's gonna be a bad time if you play kypiq.

11/27/2018 5:57:25 PM #10

That makes sense, I still wish Kypiqs would have better stamina though. I definitely agree with like a brudvir being able to like backhand a kypiq into the next world lol, but even then if they have good stamina that wouldn't change that fact of them being crushed by a brudvir. I think adding speed with being agile and cleverness would really help balance out all the other cons of like not being able to wear certain armor and equipping certain weapons because of height and being very lightweight and stuff like that

11/27/2018 6:02:45 PM #11

Alpha and Beta will help to flush out tribes that are either OP or under powered.

1/20/2019 9:17:40 AM #12

So it's a "don't get hit" Dark Souls challenge run with them.

Apart from the stamina issue, the glass bones got me thinking how heavily this will be concluded; one hit and broken bone? Or does it have to be a special circumstance hit (critical area)?

Will they have a higher speed modifier and can out move the attack to get close?

Or are they plain and simple not meant to be played as any sort of warrior in melee range at all?

4/16/2019 7:45:45 PM #13

Posted By Ihathis at 2:12 PM - Sun Nov 25 2018

Imagine trying to match an army deep into the first as arrows continuously rain from the trees above you and the shadows around you.

Yes, Kypiq would get owned in a 1v1 melee. So, you just don't engage enemies that way.

This. All this. I'm somewhat baffled at the amount of people bemoaning their Kypiq won't be viable in the vanguard. If you're not skirmishing you're not playing a Kypiq in combat properly. (According to what we know of combat mechanics so far which isnt a lot)

4/16/2019 8:12:06 PM #14

They need a buff, maybe an easily manufactured potion that gives them a special power? Maybe a resilience thing? That also helps them if they fall out of a tree? Maybe something that lets them bounce? For a long period?

Then have it not work the same way unless you’re Kypiq?

Maybe it gives a sudden burst of strength to others? But with a really short duration?

(Gummy Kypiq! Bouncing here and there and everywhere! High adventure that’s beyond compare, we are the gummy Kypiq!)

4/16/2019 11:10:30 PM #15

Posted By Qlimax at 03:45 AM - Wed Apr 17 2019

Posted By Ihathis at 2:12 PM - Sun Nov 25 2018

This. All this. I'm somewhat baffled at the amount of people bemoaning their Kypiq won't be viable in the vanguard. If you're not skirmishing you're not playing a Kypiq in combat properly. (According to what we know of combat mechanics so far which isnt a lot)

This. If played according to their strengths Kypiq will be formidable indeed. it doesn't matter how big or strong a character or tribe is, they can't do damage if they can't hit their target.

A group/company of Kypiq archers high in the trees with poison tipped arrows is going to be deadly.