COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
The votes are in! Map Voting is Over and the Winners are...

Greetings Elyrians!

Map voting is finally over and, if you’re anything like me, you spent the weekend wondering which maps came out on top for each of the game’s four servers. Well rest easy my friends, the wait is finally over!

In round one, you whittled us down from 20 unique maps to 5 potential candidates for each server. Leading us to round two, where those 5 maps for each server were put to the vote.

On Angelica, the contenders were Map G, Map H, Map I, Map K, and Map S

On Luna, maps A , J, N, R, and T duked it out for the title slot

On Selene it was all about maps B, C, L, P, and Q

And of course, round two saw the introduction of not 5, but 8, island chain maps: Map 1, Map 2, Map 3, Map 4, Map 5, Map 6, Map 7, and Map 8

In round two, there were actually 23 total maps to consider across the 4 servers. That’s more than in round one! But, in the end, there could be only one winner on each server. So, from a horde 23 we come down to 4 winners and the sow the seeds of four distinct versions of Elyria.

So without further ado, the winners are:

On Angelica (NA-W), Map I will now be your starting continent!

On Luna (NA-E), it was Map N that took home the prize!

Meanwhile, the citizens of Selene (EU) will now call Map B home!

And, finally, for Oceanus (OCE) it was Map 7 that came out on top!

Congratulations Elyrians! Your selection of the starting continent maps for each server marks a bit of a milestone in the creation of games like this. In the past, players have always been forced to accept whatever map was given to them, but with map voting now finalized, you represent the first community of an online game to decide every server’s map for an online world!

And now that you’ve made history and you're done poring over the annotated versions of these maps looking for every glimmer of data, why not take a moment to admire them without all those notes and annotations:

Map I, Map N, Map B, and Map 7, are all available for your perusal.

And while you’re at it, today marks the start of server selection – Now that you know which maps represent your world, why not take a moment to lock in your server choice now?!

Just to be clear, what we're saying here is:

Server Selection is now live!

• Snipehunter
11/22/2018 1:32:11 AM #46

Time to build my fleet and set sail to explore, raid and pillage. Keep your eye open on the horizon APAC members. We are so pumped!

You hear the rumors of a new Clan to the north The, Iron Mist check out our Discord or APAC Grand Duchy of Kybourne Keep your eye's on the horizon for we are coming with Iron, through the mist we sail, silently for ever closer.

11/22/2018 2:23:45 PM #47

I will be playing on map N, but map 7 is by far the most interesting. You guys will be a heavy sea-going game (obviously). I will probably have to have an alt in Oceanus, just to watch the trade routes, pirating, and naval war that is sure to dominate.

11/25/2018 7:25:56 PM #48

Indeed, if server latency isn’t an issue, I’ll definitely be creating a character on AU server. I’m sure many others will as well.

11/26/2018 9:40:31 AM #49

To be quite honest the people saying the first three maps are very similar are right.

11/26/2018 4:31:33 PM #50

Posted By Sidonius at 04:40 AM - Mon Nov 26 2018

To be quite honest the people saying the first three maps are very similar are right.

I think that points to the "bay areas" as something that was a common interest to everyone

I can't speak for others, as I'm not pledged to any kingdom atm, so I'm not privy to any of the strategies each had

I had voted for the maps that I wanted based on that though, because having a bay will allow for faster trade with the north/south rather than going all the way through every kingdom by land. That's just mho

• "The only thing certain in Life is Death, do not fear that which is known." - Orashna, Master Warrior and Expert Herbalist
11/29/2018 1:23:29 AM #51

So when the Kingdoms start choosing regions, ready for some hands-on. Real alpha stuff.

Is there an updated timeline?

12/9/2018 7:45:58 PM #52

I agree, all maps should have had islands, it make since, or later in the game undiscovered islands appear.

https://imgur.com/rAsYU8w][img]http://i.imgur.com/rAsYU8w.jpg

12/9/2018 10:00:16 PM #53

There are undiscovered continents so..

Friend Code: B08D3B

12/9/2018 10:36:59 PM #54

Posted By PRIMEXXX at 2:45 PM - Sun Dec 09 2018

I agree, all maps should have had islands, it make since, or later in the game undiscovered islands appear.

It was implied that there are various islands around the main continents, the maps only show "continental" islands. We are meant to explore and find the smaller islands off the coastline of the main continents.

3/27/2019 12:58:58 AM #55

Are all the Kingdoms the same land area in size ? Map N seems to have different sizes to the Kingdoms.

3/27/2019 4:47:21 AM #56

Posted By Alserian at 8:58 PM - Tue Mar 26 2019

Are all the Kingdoms the same land area in size ? Map N seems to have different sizes to the Kingdoms.

No, they are the relative sizes as shown on the map.

Friend Code: D73035

Mayor NA-E