COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Map voting before package merging??

This account is a count account, or should be, as it has a gifted courtier package sitting on it awaiting the release of the ability to merge it into my proprietor package. I have a hard time believing it was intentional to not allow package merging prior to map voting, but as it stands map voting will come and go before I am given the true weight of my influence as a courtier on this account. I was lead to believe the work on the merging function was largely done. with only internal testing left to be done, yet many weeks have passed and I am still getting the "Coming soon" pop up. I am curious what SBS has to say on this.

10/19/2018 2:47:07 AM #1

Package Merging should not alter your influence. Influence is the influence points earned when you purchase an item through the store. For example if you bought a count package for $1000.00 you would earn 10,000 IP(Influence). If you were gifted a count package or bought it on a second account and sent the package to your main account the influence would be which ever account purchased it. Claiming the package or merging the package would not alter your influence number what so ever.

10/19/2018 3:14:07 AM #2

If you will go to your profile in the top right corner of the page there should be an option for "Influence" in your profile. If you click there it will tell you everything that is contributing to your influence. You should check it out and make sure whether everything is or is not already counting for you.

10/19/2018 3:15:37 AM #3

Posted By Nimb at 10:47 PM - Thu Oct 18 2018

Package Merging should not alter your influence. Influence is the influence points earned when you purchase an item through the store. For example if you bought a count package for $1000.00 you would earn 10,000 IP(Influence). If you were gifted a count package or bought it on a second account and sent the package to your main account the influence would be which ever account purchased it. Claiming the package or merging the package would not alter your influence number what so ever.

Very sad if true. I had a friend buy it for me because the system was blocking me, I paid it back in full by a check shortly there after. The influence is part of the package so it seems very unfair to spent a butt load of money and jump through a bunch of hoops to then be denied a ton of IP.

10/19/2018 3:34:41 AM #4

Influence is not part of the package. Influence is when you purchase something on the store, the purchaser gets the influence, the person being gifted the package gets the package contents.

I hope this helps clear anything up, map voting has nothing to do with package merging, map voting only deals with Influence and sparks.

Getting gifted a package will not boost your influence in any way.

10/19/2018 7:46:04 AM #5

Posted By Maghetti at 8:15 PM - Thu Oct 18 2018

Very sad if true. I had a friend buy it for me because the system was blocking me, I paid it back in full by a check shortly there after. The influence is part of the package so it seems very unfair to spent a butt load of money and jump through a bunch of hoops to then be denied a ton of IP.

It sounds like you're confusing Influence with EP. In the package description it says you will get a certain amount of EP. Influence just comes from things that you've bought with that account, regardless of what happened with those items (kept or gave away).

10/19/2018 11:50:39 AM #6

Posted By Ravenlute at 03:46 AM - Fri Oct 19 2018

Posted By Maghetti at 8:15 PM - Thu Oct 18 2018

It sounds like you're confusing Influence with EP. In the package description it says you will get a certain amount of EP. Influence just comes from things that you've bought with that account, regardless of what happened with those items (kept or gave away).

No one was confusing EP and IP. But a lot of veteran community members failed to consider the difference between the various merging options. We probably should have used my friends card on my account but it was a last minute decision. We think we have a good solution using tradable EP to get IP built up on my account though so ill consider that good enough for now.

10/19/2018 4:39:57 PM #7

Thank you everyone for resolving this.

Locking the thread now.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."