COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Fishing and coastal ships

I read or heard in a video somewhere that there were no fish in COE. Is that true? What about small coastal fishing communities? And aside from advanced saying and ocean going craft, will there be something like a trireme at start? I saw the coastal small ship design but since you can't purchase one with ep is it in launch?

10/12/2018 9:28:06 PM #1

People have dug up sources in the past of Caspian saying there might not only be fishing, but things like 'fish farms'.

Ontop of that, you should check out the recently teased skill flower that shows there is a fishing skill tree and a tonne of different fishing knowledge trees.

There are boats that will exist at launch, and they have done a promotional before selling different kinds of boats including a row boat, sail boat, barge and a big trading boat called a Cutter.

Hop into Discord some time and I can hook you up.

10/12/2018 9:43:36 PM #2

There was never a Dev Journal saying, "We added fishing!" it is more that they have mentioned fishing time and again as a given. Yes there will be fishing and there will be boats.

What I cannot guarantee is that there will be nets, large fishing vessels, triremes, or anything else. Elyria is going to start at a specific level of technology (with variances for biome and tribe) and you can research additional things after launch like efficient fishing methods, or larger ships.

DJ 13 Technology Research

10/12/2018 10:21:44 PM #3

Have they mentioned whether a single person can run something like a cutter or if you'd need a crew? They talk about the "feels real > actually real" thingy and I'm curious where they would land on crewing a larger boat.

10/13/2018 1:00:39 AM #4

i mean a major profession of the to'resk is fishing so I would assume that fish exist and fishing is a thing we can do. pl;us we already know there will be boats and barges.

10/13/2018 4:18:41 AM #5

I wonder how they will have a finite amount of fish. That would cause some serious lag boating past 10k shrimp if they need bodies plus whatever is eating them lol.

Edit: I love video game fishing. Imagine being the best fisherman in Elyria lol, called upon to fish the frozen terrorising the open seas or a massive lake lol tired

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

10/15/2018 8:00:45 PM #6

Fish will reproduce, but it will be possible for players to deplete fisheries, if too many fish are harvested.

10/23/2018 11:19:08 PM #7

The detail in this game is immense, I can’t wait to play it... Only quandary..... what pledge to buy 👀

12/1/2018 4:30:05 PM #8

The more I read, the more I want to play!

Be Well, And Safe On Your Journeys 2AF9B3?

12/1/2018 5:18:37 PM #9

Posted By Arifjan at 5:19 PM - Tue Oct 23 2018

The detail in this game is immense, I can’t wait to play it... Only quandary..... what pledge to buy 👀

Figure out what your goals are and then see what package will best meet them...and then see if you can afford that :P Also, keep in mind that the Mayor, Governor and Magistrate packages are going away at the end of the year, so if one of those are what you want, get it before it's gone.

-The largest cause of war is selfishness. The hardest thing to achieve in life is mutual selflessness.

Friend Code CD4DE7