COMMUNITY - FORUMS - TECHNICAL SUPPORT
The thing that happens when you try to post URLs without influence.

I just had an entire post written out, using a URL to back up one of my points. The forum deletes my ENTIRE post because of that one URL? My whole argument is now gone.

This is not ok, and nowhere near user friendly.

At least keep the post on the page, so it would be possible to remove the offending URL and post the rest of what you are attempting to say.

10/11/2018 5:31:02 PM #1

Posted By Kyre at

I just had an entire post written out, using a URL to back up one of my points. The forum deletes my ENTIRE post because of that one URL? My whole argument is now gone.

This is not ok, and nowhere near user friendly.

At least keep the post on the page, so it would be possible to remove the offending URL and post the rest of what you are attempting to say.

Sounds pretty crummy. Just as you would any digitally written work, remember to save! I personally use the copy function a lot, habitually ensuring I have my post or any large body of text. Especially when editing prior to submitting. For something you're very passionate about (and using a lot of words) writing it up in a notepad is helpful, and even might give you a new perspective when isolating it in another program :)

10/11/2018 11:49:50 PM #2

Yeah, that's definitively not good, ideally there should either be an error notification on submit or have the system automatically only remove the link instead of ditching the entire post.

Their web development team have unfortunately been super busy in recent months, but is probably something they should add to their to-do-list after the map voting.

10/15/2018 8:41:57 PM #3

Sorry for the mishap, we definitely have improvements in mind once we have time to work on v3 of the forums.

Thank you.

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."