COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Raivenhal [City, Bordweall] Scholars of Life

A little history:

Raivenhal found its origin with a single madman from a tribe of Waerd. Rather than accepting his place in the collective, he chose a life of solidarity and abandoned his people. Building a lone cabin in the wilderness he sought answers to the secrets of Life in Elyria. As the years passed and this lone man, dedicated to his research, slowly became known by others with curiosity in their souls who came to settle near him. What started out as one "mad" Waerd and a lone cabin in the wilderness turned into a quaint small town of druid-like scholars and in time would become the bustling City of Raivenhal. Raivenhal came to be respected for its way of doing things, and as others flocked to near by areas, it became regarded as the capital city of its own County, decreed officially by the Duchess Malthyra.

Who are we today?

Today Raivenhal strives to continue unlocking the potential in all living things. The city will be built with two schools in mind for a wide variety of topics.

Zoology:

Zoology, the 1st school of Raivenhal, as it was the main focus of the lone Waerd that is considered the founder of the settlement. The School of Zoology will include 3 primary branches that are further broken down as each individual player sees fit. The first will be hunting and trapping. The next, taming and breeding. The Third will be focused on taxonomy and the discovery and creation of new species.

Botany & Alchemy:

School of Botany & Alchemy will focus more in on the plant life of Elyria, as well as husbandry-based products. A blend of interests for farmers and potions brewers, chefs and medicinal experts. Whatever the purpose of your ingredients, how they come into creation and how thet are used will be covered through this school.

A blend of these two schools will bring about studies into husbandry, alchemy, and genetics.

Where are we?

Raivenhal will be the Capital City of the future County Mímior. I will be purchasing the title of Count during the reverse auction. Beyond that, here is our location details:
Server: NA-E
Kingdom: Bordweall
Duchy: Solas Seidrellia
County: Mímior

Government in Raivenhal

Raivenhal is considered an oddity among Elyrian nobility. It gives as much power to the people as it is capable of doing. In many ways considered one of the first democracies of some form. Some say the mad waerd constructed this way of governing from his own Waerdic roots, though such claims are unconfirmed. The the governing body of Raivenhal places the mayor at the top, followed by the headmaster's of the schools and broken down further from there. Any issues pending in the settlement will be put to a vote among those considered the Elders of Raivenhal. Each Headmaster is automatically placed within the ranks of the Elders, from there any prominent townsfolk or guilds will also have a say in the direction of Raivenhal. However, each Headmaster will be expected to take into account the opinions of their school's members, each Guild expected to approach issues appropriately, and any prominent towns member with an ability to cast a vote will have the responsibility of properly representing the group they are there for. In other words, if you are a merchant you will be seen as a representative of the entire Mercantile District of Raivenhal. If there is no one to represent those who are already represented by a headmaster, guild, or family, that representation will default to the mayor.

Why join Raivenhal?

Those that toss their lot in with Raivenhal early will have a number of benefits. The first and foremost being a shot at a title of prominence. A number of things will be taken into account with selections for those destined to run this city, but I assure you, joining up and showing loyalty is an important piece. For guilds, this could mean claiming one of the 3 guild votes in the Council of Elders. For anyone with a surname, the same goes for one of the 3 "Family Elder" votes. And of course each Headmaster has their vote as well.

Along with those benefits, joining us sooner means having much faster access to the resources a city devoted to understanding Elyrian Life will have! I have full intentions of investing ridiculous amounts of EP into research/craft stations for schools, equipment for farms, and more.

Positions Available:

Raivenhal is still small and I am founding it on my own thus far. As such, most positions within the town are still currently open and any that may be needed are up for debate as members of the Town join.

Mayor: Zeyron Shadowalker

Sheriff: Likely Taken

The Sheriff will be responsible for upholding the law in our settlement. He will be at liberty to hire deputies, mercs, and/or bounty hunters as needed. Though if intent on using city resources to hire such people, Elder Approval will be needed to some extent.

Treasurer: OPEN

The Treasurer may or may not be a position, as this duty might fall to the stewart. The treasure will be responsible for seeing that all matters of taxation and revenue for the city are handled and functioning.

Stewart: OPEN

The Stewart will be the "right hand man" for the mayor, and assist in the day to day management of the city, as well as things like drafting laws into contracts and seeing to the issues most prevalent to city life.

Council of Elders:

As stated above, the council of elders will act as representatives of the city and its various members in decision making. The Council has no maximum set limit, as the city grows so shall the council realistically. For now, the Council is comprised as follows:

Mayor: Zeyron Shadowalker/OPEN (Tie breaker vote, for the public, non-scholars)

Stewart: OPEN

Sheriff: Likely Taken

Head of Zoology: Zeyron Shadowalker

Head of Botany: Katelynn

Family Elder: Reserved

Family Elder: Tahki Suhana

Family Elder: OPEN

Guild Elder: OPEN

We are still seeking Guilds that would provide a mutual benefit to the town and the guild to take up residency. Likewise, just as with any settlement, we will also have need for merchants, crafters, an Inn, and so on. If you feel you could fill one of the general needs of the town and want to join us on our way please feel free to reach out to me on here or discord. Discord will likely get you a faster response.

Discord Link:

https://discord.gg/GRb7Xzy

9/25/2018 12:27:18 AM #1

For those who have seen the old Raivenhal post, this is an update and overhaul of our plans as a city. Research into everything was a bit too grand a plan, so we are downsizing and focusing solely on what is of most interest to us. Namely, plants and animals, the Biology of Elyria.

9/30/2018 10:08:57 AM #2

I like this idea and taking a new outlook on Waerd is interesting. Can't wait to see how your school turns out.

https://discord.gg/esT7wMN

11/16/2018 10:27:12 PM #3

Updated to our new location!

2/19/2019 11:59:49 PM #4

County will be determined after DSS. For those interested, stay tuned~

4/1/2019 11:13:37 PM #5

I've updated this post to include the need for general purpose amenities of a settlement, please do reach out to me if interested.

5/20/2019 3:41:57 AM #6

An important update to this post. Raivenhal will officially be declared the capital city of its own county. I will be purchasing the title of Count post D&SS. If anyone is interested in joining please do reach out to me. A county post will be up in due time.