COMMUNITY - FORUMS - OCEANUS GENERAL
How worth-it is this game in Australia?

I really want to buy this game, however I don't know how good the game would be in terms of the Oceanic fanbase, was wondering if it's still worth to get?

9/16/2018 12:57:13 PM #1

pooƃ ʎɹǝʌ ʇ'usı uɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎɯ ǝsnɐɔǝq noʎ dlǝɥ ʇ'uɐɔ ı ˙ʎɹɹos ɯ'ı

| Sexy kypiq boy looking for a sexy yoru girl to make a lot of sexy smurfs |

An evolved version of Jokapleb

Selene(EU)/Al'Khezam/Tarsis/Lemuria/Jokaes' House

9/16/2018 1:06:13 PM #2

Hey Sneakz, the Australian fanbase is doing pretty well, and they wouldn't be offering an OCE server if there weren't enough OCE players. I think you'll have plenty of fun in OCE

Click banner to learn more. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

9/16/2018 1:13:00 PM #3

Hey there!

I'm CoE's only moderator in the Oceania region at the moment (a fellow Australian), and I'd say pretty happily that we've built something pretty good for ourselves in this community. We've got three public kingdoms right now which are steadily growing (especially with the latest Searing Plague event), and the non-public kingdom Sokara, as well as a neutral hub on discord for OCE-intended players to all hang out together with just over 400 users right now.

We're a smaller community, but that also helps us to have very few real divisions and there hasn't been a major spat for as long as I can remember - the kingdoms all get along, no worries.

It was a display of fairly great esteem on SbS' part to dedicate a server for our region, and I think we've built up a user base that justifies that esteem, so far.

To answer your question more clearly, there's definitely a strong core of players who'd be happy to have you with us - we're very open to new people out here. Feel free to PM me here, or on Discord, if you want to have a look!

11/7/2018 5:14:20 AM #4

Hi Saebelorn

Please share the Aussie Server Discord details.

Cheers

Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe.

"I'm sorry did my sword just decapitate you; Oh well, I'll just help myself to your corpse gear and also harvest your tears!"

11/7/2018 6:25:48 AM #5

https://discord.gg/012JHuBASVs1H2N8A

Cya there :)

11/25/2018 12:19:30 AM #6

Caspian clearly cares about our small but strong community. We are in very good hands. Our members are very active and passionate about the game. I believe OCE is large enough to support an enjoyable player experience, and it will only grow at launch and beyond.

7/1/2019 5:41:34 AM #7

Posted By Saebelorn at 11:13 PM - Sun Sep 16 2018

Hey there!

I'm CoE's only moderator in the Oceania region at the moment (a fellow Australian), and I'd say pretty happily that we've built something pretty good for ourselves in this community. We've got three public kingdoms right now which are steadily growing (especially with the latest Searing Plague event), and the non-public kingdom Sokara, as well as a neutral hub on discord for OCE-intended players to all hang out together with just over 400 users right now.

We're a smaller community, but that also helps us to have very few real divisions and there hasn't been a major spat for as long as I can remember - the kingdoms all get along, no worries.

It was a display of fairly great esteem on SbS' part to dedicate a server for our region, and I think we've built up a user base that justifies that esteem, so far.

To answer your question more clearly, there's definitely a strong core of players who'd be happy to have you with us - we're very open to new people out here. Feel free to PM me here, or on Discord, if you want to have a look!

Can you please give an update?

7/1/2019 5:52:13 AM #8

Still going strong. we are about to enter domain and settlement selection.

The Kingdoms have already selected their domains, we are just waiting to start selecting Duchies, Counties and Settlements.

Our Map is also unique because we have a starting archipelago not a starting continent like the other servers, so things are looking pretty good :)

As before, the community is a smaller, but more tight-knit group, so you won't be sorry if you join. Of that I am sure

7/1/2019 6:11:23 AM #9

HajimeSaikou,

Wow! Such a quick reply.

Tax refunds are about to be know. So I'm looking at "pledging" (Proprietor).

How much time can I ponder & contact people to see where to settle?

7/1/2019 8:33:52 AM #10

As a Proprietor you have plenty of time (at least a year) the people selecting in Domain and Settlement Selection are the Mayors and Baron/Baroness up to Duke/Duchess.

I recommend joining the OCE discord

OCE Discord

From there you can meet people from all kingdoms.

As well, this forum post has some information on all our Kingdoms:

OCE Kingdoms

The strength of the wolf is the Pack. Fight with honour.

7/1/2019 8:41:47 PM #11

They've included Oceanic players in every event, and have been accommodating to us every step of the way, unlike a lot of the larger companies who will burn us as early as they can start shaving off costs. Although, the peeps in the community from the NA region tend to be quite callous and apathetic about our situation, so it's not all perfect.

I've recently been turning up the pressure on the devs regarding the Oceanic server to see how they'd respond, and unlike many other games I've been apart of they haven't been using weasel words at all. There aren't any "maybes" and "we'll sees" at this point. From where I'm standing it seems like they've decided OCE is happening and aren't looking back until, if ever, it comes to a breaking point. At which stage I know a lot of NA will throw us under the bus. Which they would do anyway if it shaved off even a measly week of dev time. But nevertheless, I'm extremely skeptical, but have had my doubts confronted by the confidence and assurances of the studio.

As for the OCE community itself, we have a lot of chill and funny people. We can definitely use more people, whether theyre aspirational or looking to do some simple labour, its all good right now. The more Oceanic players we get the greater our chances climb. As a final note, we are also one of the most active and engaged regions despite being a lower population.

Cheers!