COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Our TSP charity: Doctors without Borders

Hail Elyrians,

With less than 10 days remaining in the Searing Plague event, we want to bring awareness to the charity we are supporting during August's World Bettering side of the event. Hopefully you've come to appreciate them better over the last few weeks dealing with the Searing Plague yourself!

Doctors without Borders (or MSF - Medecins Sans Frontieres) has treated tens of millions of people since 1971. In 1999, they won the Noble Peace prize "in recognition of the organization's pioneering humanitarian work on several continents."

The primary tenets of the organization are simple: Provide medical aid where it's needed most - independent, neutral, and impartial. Doctors Without Borders was created on the principle that all people in need of medical care should be treated regardless of gender, race, religion, nationality, creed, or political affiliation.

Doctors Without Borders aims to be accountable for their actions, which is why they state "we believe we must be willing to review, analyze and critique our operations constantly, at all levels". Whether it is an unprecedented Ebola outbreak in West Africa, or devastation in the Philippines in the wake of Typhoons, Doctors Without Borders proclaims they "closely examine the impact of their response. They regularly publish reports exploring what they got right, wrong, and how they can do better in the future".

To get an idea of the types of critical situations DWB responds to, you can review the videos on their site. Examples such as the Aftermath of the War in Mosul and their efforts to prevent Malaria in Nigeria are but a few.

Imagine if an event such as The Searing Plague happened in real life, wouldn't it be comforting knowing there is a group with the experience, supplies, and devotion to attack the outbreak and provide help where it is needed most?

Support their cause by going to https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/support-us

In the event you are unable to make a donation but would still like to help, find out more here.

Thank you for your support of this amazing charity!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

9/6/2018 11:39:11 PM #1

Awsome! Good job everyone and thanks to Soulbound Studios for the initiative!

9/7/2018 12:57:05 AM #2

Maybe SBS can work with Violet or someone to do a podcast for charity before TSP ends, like she did with the Tombstones. They could allow $5 of each one sold during the podcast going to DWB. The doctors, nurses and staff are true heroes, and it would be a great and worthy cause to support with a check from SBS representing our dedicated and generous community.

9/7/2018 1:26:22 AM #3

Would SBS be up for doing some kind of matching event?

or maybe more affordable for the studio and more practical SBS could reward members who donate to Doctors without borders with an in kind gift of... credit or something ( at a lower rate of course) just to incentives the CoE community?

I could see how it'd be a complicated task to cross reference donations, but just an idea.

9/7/2018 1:28:53 AM #4

There are less than a handful of such groups that I personally believe in. This is one of those. Always happy to see awareness on such good people who fight a real good fight. Wishing them the best.

Thanks SBS for bringing it up and actually providing links and information rather than being a user and for publicity. A good studio by far.

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

9/7/2018 1:57:03 AM #5

Glad to see some attention finally paid to the charity supported by this event!

9/7/2018 2:28:55 AM #6

Maybe [] someone [can] do a podcast for charity[.] They could allow [100%] of each one sold during the podcast going to DWB. The doctors, nurses and staff are true heroes, and it would be a great and worthy cause to support with a check from [anyone] representing [altruism not motivated by self promotion].

FTFY. Sorry, Becky. Literally every other post you've made, I've been on board. You're intelligent, humorous when you mean to be, well meaning, and generally on point. But your OP in this thread sickened me a bit. Charity isn't to be used to promote someone's game or stream, and through that their ego. Let's be humble.

Edited to note that in the store Headstones are currently $50 and Physician sets are $30. use your community to do good for the charity. not use the charity to do good for your community.

9/7/2018 2:30:54 AM #7

Happy to see you make a post about the charity. I must have got confused though, I thought some items released during this event. Some percent of them was going towards the charity, like what you guys did with the headstone. Seems like a perfect way to raise money for a charity really. While giving the company overall some nice PR.

9/7/2018 3:26:28 AM #8

Great initiative! Those guys are awesome and deserve all of the available support.

9/7/2018 4:51:23 AM #9

Sylvae, My intent was actually to attempt to find a way for the community at large to support Doctors Without Borders, instead of simply awareness. While it would be nice if all the gamers simply opened their wallets to these awesome people, we both know most of our fellow gamers are not as altruistic as we should all strive to be.

Violet did a great fundraising effort once before benefiting charity, so that is why I suggested the method once again. While it would be nice to see SBS donate 100% of each physicians kit sold during such an event towards DWB, even a portion of the proceeds would be a big help to anyone in need around the globe.

My intent is aligned with yours, in recognizing these great people, a great organization, and one of the most worthy groups of skilled and selfless individuals out there. Our planet is truly blessed they are there when needed.

9/7/2018 6:30:02 AM #10

Posted By Becky Bowya at 6:57 PM - Thu Sep 06 2018

Maybe SBS can work with Violet or someone to do a podcast for charity before TSP ends, like she did with the Tombstones. They could allow $5 of each one sold during the podcast going to DWB. The doctors, nurses and staff are true heroes, and it would be a great and worthy cause to support with a check from SBS representing our dedicated and generous community.

Posted By Becky Bowya at 10:51 PM - Thu Sep 06 2018

Sylvae, My intent was actually to attempt to find a way for the community at large to support Doctors Without Borders, instead of simply awareness. While it would be nice if all the gamers simply opened their wallets to these awesome people, we both know most of our fellow gamers are not as altruistic as we should all strive to be.

Violet did a great fundraising effort once before benefiting charity, so that is why I suggested the method once again. While it would be nice to see SBS donate 100% of each physicians kit sold during such an event towards DWB, even a portion of the proceeds would be a big help to anyone in need around the globe.

My intent is aligned with yours, in recognizing these great people, a great organization, and one of the most worthy groups of skilled and selfless individuals out there. Our planet is truly blessed they are there when needed.

That would be a really awesome idea, it would be really cool to have like a "roll out" or "list" of people to promote on certain days/hours/time slots to stream and raise awareness and money towards the charity either through purchases on an alt account or via directly donating to the charity the large sum at the end of the stream list! Its a really good idea, and the donation link can be directly to the charity of choice, the only thing is we can't really keep track of how much gets donated by who, so if we want to keep track of that for direct donations maybe SbS can set up a donation link for it and have that funnel into the charity links~

Always choices and possibilities that we can always look into making as a community and contributing to SbS to help out in any way possible. <3

Either way, your head is in the right spot! Its always something to look forward to in the future (:

9/7/2018 7:14:50 AM #11

Posted By Sylvae at 9/7/2018 2:28:55 AM

Maybe [] someone [can] do a podcast for charity[.] They could allow [100%] of each one sold during the podcast going to DWB. The doctors, nurses and staff are true heroes, and it would be a great and worthy cause to support with a check from [anyone] representing [altruism not motivated by self promotion].

FTFY. Sorry, Becky. Literally every other post you've made, I've been on board. You're intelligent, humorous when you mean to be, well meaning, and generally on point. But your OP in this thread sickened me a bit. Charity isn't to be used to promote someone's game or stream, and through that their ego. Let's be humble.

Edited to note that in the store Headstones are currently $50 and Physician sets are $30. use your community to do good for the charity. not use the charity to do good for your community.

While I somewhat agree with your post, a medium is needed. As such, I know personally that Violet and her stream support the cause, and that she aims to be a part of that particular cause if the opportunity presents itself as she hopes to become a surgeon later in life. I also think that someone it is a boon to have someone you know push a particular venue, when you know that they themselves wholeheartedly support it. Otherwise, it just seems fake. Whilst some may argue, well it's for a good cause, unless the streamer/spokesperson/face is behind it or supports it just as much or more than you do, it imo totally losses it's flavor and leaves a distasteful and overwhelming hypocritical bleh in ones mouth. As a gamer and one who has donated to this cause heavily, I would have no qualms at such a stream and would support it to my fullest tbh. ^_^

9/7/2018 3:22:34 PM #12

Kudos to Soulbond Studios for subtely improving awareness of world crisis events to the general gamer, especially those that in the past went unnoticed too late, or on the contrary changed the face of the world, twice.

Not to sure how I fill about the method, but yeah the Darfur needed their help and is a narrative that few decided to follow at the time... stil the global response was inadequate, it always is. The millions impacted, displaced or worse can still felt it to this very day... if they survived any of those events. But that is a debate for another place.

{Edit} Seems I cut short while pasting sentences. And quite the important one since I wanted to underline their (MSF) work against Ebola for 3 long years in Africa which started in 2014. A time now very close to us in both gaming awareness and time.{/Edit}

Just life in real life, it seems the cure bringuers did the most they could and the outbreak would go contained, but not completely rooted, as the underlying causes of mortality are mostly enracined in hu/mann behavior(s).

Was it the point of the experiment? Did you fulfill your destiny or left that guy in the snow?

On the receiving end of the event, I wished the small lore/parallel updates would have been more numerous/less drowned in the noise of maths, reward tracker and button clicking (me included).

Hence that very brightening post make me more satisfied that most others, despite their good frequency and quality. It allow us to remind ourselves about the main red line of this event... and maybe just this time, do something, if only a little, just because : when will it be a better moment?

To be most effective, MSF acts in prevention, monitoring and evaluation of would-be crisis with a well-oiled logistics and insight through local partnerships and education.

Though their intervention teams are literally prepared to be minutes apart from getting into action if the need would finally arise : that's their modus-operandi you could say... aan impressive feat that requires funding, while they provide self-sacrifice.

Enjoy your day, mine will be brighter/lighter as well. :) Best regards, Leonim.

[EU/EN/FR] An enlightened mind, a wandering soul (or vice versa) : mayor of the fair city of Aurora Beach, civil engineer by design, inscriber wanabee, outfit maker enthousiast... and editor at the Skyfall:Archives.

"May the land be fair to you." (Friend Code : 48FDFB)

9/15/2018 5:18:08 PM #13

Well done soulbound, I hope you continue to do things like this it gives me massive respect for you as a company.

it pays to be kind so i don't know about everyone else but i'm going to buy something from the store