COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
This may sound silly to most...

One part of games I very much enjoy is the character customization & general aesthetic things. I've spent a lot in various mmo's for premium outfits and such, I really like it and it adds a lot to the fun for me.

My question is, has there been much art/in game content showing how the female characters will look? I've seen plenty for the male models but I'm having trouble seeing examples of the female models.

Will clothes be function focused or with there be options for fashion/stylish things? With the lack of + stat maybe?

ayy lmao

8/11/2018 7:47:05 AM #1

Clothing will be just like in the real world. At its core, it’s functional. But there will be plenty of people making extravagant clothing as well!

In general, there isn’t a lot of difference between what the men and women wear in most tribes. Due to harsh living conditions for the majority of characters, function trumps everything else.

8/11/2018 8:28:42 AM #2

They took a close look at the female models for several tribes during the Character Creation video.

As for fashion, the clothing system as it has been described will allow custom cut and embellishment. It is a layered clothing system, so combined with the custom cutting you can probably make some unique looks. I for one intend to make some talented clothing designer silly rich making outfits for my noble hind end.

8/11/2018 8:40:47 AM #3

Just a note. Cloths won't offer stat increases the same way that lots of other games do it. So no +2 boots of speed, yes to boots that keep your feet warm or protected from the environment.

As to your question, find a decent tailor and you can probably have fashion and function (though compromise may be needed for the best of either part).

8/11/2018 3:55:40 PM #4

most clothing will be functional. For those wishing to step into the world of fashion, it may not be a cheap thing to do.

8/11/2018 3:57:51 PM #5

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 01:55 AM - Sun Aug 12 2018

most clothing will be functional. For those wishing to step into the world of fashion, it may not be a cheap thing to do.

Which makes it a good business to run. Knowing there will be many like the OP that want such things.

8/11/2018 5:08:24 PM #6

It's not like the aristocracy are going to run around looking like commoners. There will be a need for good tailors, and high fashion will become a niche for some to enjoy as either designer and/or patron. I think the OP will be pleased with the offerings after a year or so, but the learning curve may make good looking clothes rather scarce at launch.

8/11/2018 9:01:41 PM #7

Posted By Bombastus at 01:28 AM - Sat Aug 11 2018

They took a close look at the female models for several tribes during the Character Creation video.

As for fashion, the clothing system as it has been described will allow custom cut and embellishment. It is a layered clothing system, so combined with the custom cutting you can probably make some unique looks. I for one intend to make some talented clothing designer silly rich making outfits for my noble hind end.

Thank you so much for the link! This is exactly the type of video I was looking for! ^_^

ayy lmao

8/11/2018 9:04:35 PM #8

Posted By Krensit at 12:47 AM - Sat Aug 11 2018

Clothing will be just like in the real world. At its core, it’s functional. But there will be plenty of people making extravagant clothing as well!

In general, there isn’t a lot of difference between what the men and women wear in most tribes. Due to harsh living conditions for the majority of characters, function trumps everything else.

Oh, I see

ayy lmao

8/11/2018 9:05:51 PM #9

Posted By grandad1982 at 01:40 AM - Sat Aug 11 2018

Just a note. Cloths won't offer stat increases the same way that lots of other games do it. So no +2 boots of speed, yes to boots that keep your feet warm or protected from the environment.

As to your question, find a decent tailor and you can probably have fashion and function (though compromise may be needed for the best of either part).

Oh? So will the stats be "hidden" then? I can't imagine that cloth would have the same protection as iron armour

ayy lmao

8/11/2018 9:06:30 PM #10

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 08:55 AM - Sat Aug 11 2018

Maybe I'll have to make my character a tailor...

ayy lmao

8/11/2018 9:06:51 PM #11

Posted By Gunnlang at 08:57 AM - Sat Aug 11 2018

Posted By 1mmaculateDeception at 01:55 AM - Sun Aug 12 2018

Which makes it a good business to run. Knowing there will be many like the OP that want such things.

Yeah, I'm sure I can't be the only one

ayy lmao

8/11/2018 9:07:40 PM #12

Posted By Juris Primus at 10:08 AM - Sat Aug 11 2018

It's not like the aristocracy are going to run around looking like commoners. There will be a need for good tailors, and high fashion will become a niche for some to enjoy as either designer and/or patron. I think the OP will be pleased with the offerings after a year or so, but the learning curve may make good looking clothes rather scarce at launch.

You're probably right about having to wait a bit until things are more established.

ayy lmao

8/12/2018 5:08:59 AM #13

Posted By Elf at 4:05 PM - Sat Aug 11 2018

Oh? So will the stats be "hidden" then? I can't imagine that cloth would have the same protection as iron armour

You still thinking in terms of other MMOs. Clothes and armor in this game will be as close to real in our world as possible. There are no stats, just function.

8/12/2018 6:12:53 AM #14

There will definitely be stylish, purely fashionable clothes alongside utilitarian ones. The dev's envision masquerades and religious ceremonies and all sorts of events,earning a wide variety of outfits and styles which can all be created by the playerbase.

NA-W "Angelica"

8/12/2018 6:17:46 AM #15

I'm going to be a kypiq tailor, and I'll definitely make things stylish! I have a degree in fashion design and make my own clothes so I'm excited to see what this system has to offer.

Kypiq proprietor - Weaver/Tailor/Designer - Broad Leaf Forest