COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
ChamberBot session with Raevantiel - July 18th, 2018

Happy Friday the 13th Elyrians!

For a while now, you've requested more interactions with some of the lesser known members of Soulbound Studios, and we aim to please!

Come join us next Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 at 2pm pacific, 5pm eastern, 9pm UTC, for a ChamberBot Q&A session with 3D environment artist, Raevantiel!

If you need a refresher on what the ChamberBot does, check out this post.

You are welcome to discuss what kinds of questions you want to ask during the session, but we won't be taking questions directly from this thread. Instead, you will ask your allotted questions right before the ChamberBot session by sending them directly to the bot.

Details:

• This is not a live stream, but a live Q&A chat session using our specialized Discord bot in our Discord text channel, the #soul-chamber
  • This ChamberBot session will last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, there is no set # of questions that will be answered
  • You need to enable link embeds in your Discord client in order to see the questions asked by the bot
  • There will be no audio or video accompanying this stream

Rules:

• DO ask questions about environments, graphics, biomes (flora creation, texturing, atmosphere, lighting, terrain), asset/prop creation, technology used to do the job, etc..
  • DON'T ask questions about things outside of Raevantiel's area of expertise, such as design, tribes, engineering, web, outreach, support, etc..

We look forward to seeing you in the #soul-chamber next Wednesday in the official Chronicles of Elyria Discord server!

More to come...

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

7/14/2018 12:51:34 AM #1

Sweet

When I am lost, I know I have traveled the farthest. Sayeth the guy jeff. 49F48A =FC

7/14/2018 1:58:52 AM #2

Considering how great and fresh Chronicles has looked so far, I'm pretty keen for this. It would be awesome if we could see some specific examples Raevantiel has worked on lately so that we can understand his efforts a bit better. Personally, I'm a rookie with all this stuff, and there is a lot I want to ask but I'm unsure if its precisely what Raevantiel works on. Anyways, if theres a chance, can someone let me know if these questions are on the right track?

General:

Have you had a chance to dip your toes into the astral plane and do some work on the environment within?

Anything note worthy, or something uniquely CoE you have worked on (and why)?

Lighting:

How have you implemented lighting into dark areas? Has lighting and the environment gone hand in hand? Is it all/mostly stuff "under the hood" or has their been a dose of trying to find creative ways to brighten up Elyria (such as bioluminescence)?

Regarding lighting and the mechanics behind stealth... Has the stealth mechanics around lighting affected your approach in any way? Such as making natural light more common in the environment (for example).

Atmosphere:

What kind of atmospheric touches are added to biomes like the Jungle? How would you first begin the process of creating or complimenting an "atmosphere". Hoping theres something I can take away from this to use in my settlement. :D

Asset/Prop creation:

With all the props in CoE's world has there been any tricks used to keep them from being taxing on our systems?

Clarifications:

Does Raevantiel's work with terrains have anything to do with large, vast natural structures such as mountains or even 'dungeons' (caves, ruins etc)

Does Raevantiel work with the night sky, weather as it appears in the sky or weather effects (such as snow/wetness/heat)?

7/14/2018 4:23:31 AM #3

As requested, examples of Raevantiel's recent work (that has been released):

From here

7/14/2018 4:25:39 AM #4

Posted By Sagan at 6:58 PM - Fri Jul 13 2018

Clarifications:

Does Raevantiel's work with terrains have anything to do with large, vast natural structures such as mountains or even 'dungeons' (caves, ruins etc)

Yes, but possibly not yet?

Does Raevantiel work with the night sky, weather as it appears in the sky or weather effects (such as snow/wetness/heat)?

Probably some, but not all?

7/14/2018 4:33:12 AM #5

Cheers for reply. I also had an awesome chat with him on Discord. Hopefully I'm on the right track now.

Still absolutely love those screen caps. Really does feel like a POV shot. Very lucid.

7/14/2018 4:44:09 AM #6

For some reason i read ChamberPot on first glance ^.^

7/14/2018 5:00:05 AM #7

Posted By Matriarch at 9:44 PM - Fri Jul 13 2018

For some reason i read ChamberPot on first glance ^.^

The bot was really named after the Soul Chamber, but the pun was too good to pass up when we finalized it :P

7/15/2018 9:11:43 PM #8

Thanks Serpentius. I want to thank all of soulbound studios for taking the moment to offer us a life stream! I love them.

7/18/2018 5:05:09 PM #9

Posted By Felsing at 2:11 PM - Sun Jul 15 2018

Thanks Serpentius. I want to thank all of soulbound studios for taking the moment to offer us a life stream! I love them.

This is not a livestream, but a moderated live chat session where questions are entered into the ChamberBot and then our Developer responds to them.

This occurs in Discord and involves no video or voice.

Thanks and see you there!

7/18/2018 5:06:04 PM #10

We're going to open up the ChamberBot session 15 minutes early to collect the first questions so there is no delay to us starting this session.

The session will last just under 1 hour and we'll answer as many relevant questions as possible.

Thanks and see you there!

7/18/2018 10:32:32 PM #11

Thanks again everyone for participating, and thank you Raevantiel for hosting!

New Broadleaf Forest shots were shared in Discord in the #soul-chamber as well as in #media.

Enjoy! And until next time,

More to come....

7/19/2018 7:56:56 AM #12

Very nice screenshot.

7/31/2018 10:14:02 PM #13
  • polycount
  • software
  • art-pipeline
  • no speedtree or something similiar ?

would be interesting. Are u guys working with any concepts at all ?