COMMUNITY - FORUMS - REPORT A BUG
Possible website bug

I was trying to login to my account in Firefox and when I enter my email address and password and click on the Login button nothing happens.

At first, I thought it was because one of my browser extensions was causing the issue, so I removed them all except for HTTPS Everywhere, Bitwarden and Grammarly and still I couldn't log in to my account on Firefox (the latest stable version).

I also tried in Opera (the only extension installed there is Bitwarden), and even that didn't work. I haven't tried Edge or Internet Explorer, but so far the only browser that seems to work for me is Google Chrome.

I'm not sure if this is a problem on my end or a problem on SBS end, but it is a little annoying as I can't log in on any other browser.

If you need any more information, I'll try my best to provide it to you.

6/26/2018 2:47:03 PM #1

To go through the basics, there are a few things I'd like you to confirm:

• Has the page completely finished loading?
  • Have you tried removing all cookies that belong to the chroniclesofelyria.com domain?

If you've done that, could you perhaps check the following, since I know you know how most of these tools work, I'll omit the in-depth explanation;

• Check the developer console for any errors (you can ignore all react & 404 errors).
  • Check the network tab of those developer consoles to see if the login request is being sent out, and if it returns a non-200 status code.

If you need any more assistance in this feel free to let me know.

6/27/2018 12:12:28 PM #2

I've found out what the bug is.

If you use the Bitwarden password manager to pre-populate the fields with your email address and password then login does not work on any of the browsers I have tested (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) but if you copy and paste your password and type your email address by hand then login works correctly on all of the above browsers.

6/27/2018 12:38:46 PM #3

I managed to reproduce the issue and I gathered some technical details on why this goes wrong.

In short, the issue comes from the addon not properly firing keyboard events, so the login system did not yet realise you entered a password.

You can however use a small workaround, just add 1 character in both the email and password fields, then remove them. As this forces the login system to update the values it knows.

I'll forward the technical details to the team, although I can't make promises on whether this will be resolved as this is a case of the addon misbehaving.

I'll be locking this thread now.